Radharani

Discussion in 'Hinduism' started by prismatism, May 21, 2007.

1. ChiefCowpie

ChiefCowpie hugs and bugs

i kinda figured that vaisnavas consider krishna to be really super cool and because they want to be his eternal associates, they smoke cigarettes to be cool

2. prismatism

prismatism loves you

thank you for your concern but i have definitely thought it over and i made the personal decision to use psychoactives in a sacred, safe, and spiritual way. i respect the ideas of others, especially those who are enlightened, but i make final judgments on what i include in my own reality based on my personal experiences. there is no one set path.

3. prismatism

prismatism loves you

also i just read some of that guy's stuff, and personally, i think he has no clue what he's talking about. he seems to think wine is ok, but anything else is harmful. he states things as fact without any evidence to back it up, and i definitely do not accept him as an avatar any more than i or you or anyone else is an avatar.

i hope that's not mean. i'm just really not into accepting anything a "guru" says unless it resonates with me.

4. snake sedrick

snake sedrick Banned

That's the trouble with traditions - they get stuck in very orthodox and often totally uninformed opinion. In the case of the Indole Ring group of psychedelics, all the evidence suggests they are considerably less dangerous than alc.

'Enlightenment' in the total sense eludes such persons, as they believe and teach that which is demonstrably untrue.

5. niranjan

niranjan Member

You are free to do what you want, but don't say that no one did not warn you afterwards. :H

6. niranjan

niranjan Member

And where has meher baba said that !!! And even then wine is indeed not harmful if taken moderately and I have enjoyed it as well.

Liquor, drugs should indeed be avoided because it destroys ones discrimination ,which is very important for inteligent action and thought, and character.

Meher Baba is one of the greatest enlightened masters who have ever come up in India, and his divinity was backed by shirdi sai baba as well.

He spent much of his time in silence, and some of his words are a bit hard to understand as it combines advanced metaphysics and only a person with a subtle intellect can understand the nuances of what he said.

He has influenced many people, in spite of his silence, and helped a lot of people. He influenced Gandhi as well.

His main endeavour was in helping mentally deranged people in mental aslyums all over the world, and helping them to get in tune with reality again.

This New Life is endless, and even after my physical death it will be kept alive by those who live the life of complete renunciation of falsehood, lies, hatred, anger, greed and lust; and who, to accomplish all this, do no lustful actions, do no harm to anyone, do no backbiting, do not seek material possessions or power, who accept no homage, neither covet honor nor shun disgrace, and fear no one and nothing; by those who rely wholly and solely on God, and who love God purely for the sake of loving; who believe in the lovers of God and in the reality of Manifestation, and yet do not expect any spiritual or material reward; who do not let go the hand of Truth, and who, without being upset by calamities, bravely and wholeheartedly face all hardships with one hundred percent cheerfulness, and give no importance to caste, creed and religious ceremonies. This New Life will live by itself eternally, even if there is no one to live it.

---Meher Baba

To love God in the most practical way is to love our fellow beings. If we feel for others in the same way as we feel for our own dear ones, we love God.

If, instead of seeing faults in others, we look within ourselves, we are loving God.

If, instead of robbing others to help ourselves, we rob ourselves to help others, we are loving God.

If we suffer in the sufferings of others and feel happy in the happiness of others, we are loving God.

If, instead of worrying over our own misfortunes, we think ourselves more fortunate than many many others, we are loving God.

If we endure our lot with patience and contentment, accepting it as His Will, we are loving God.

If we understand and feel that the greatest act of devotion and worship to God is not to hurt or harm any of His beings, we are loving God. To love God as He ought to be loved, we must live for God and die for God, knowing that the goal of life is to Love God, and find Him as our own self.

---Meher Baba

http://www.avatarmeherbaba.org/erics/godpill.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meher_Baba

7. prismatism

prismatism loves you

i don't want to be disrespectful and say all "avatars" are pompous and fake because i don't believe that. i will believe anyone who says he is an avatar, whether he can perform miracles or whether he just says it to be funny. i can offer respect to any avatar, and consider their ideas and ideals, but if there is something i don't agree with i'm not going to go against my common sense and intuition. it doesn't matter who says it, if it doesn't make sense to me, i'm not going to adopt it. i'm open to questioning my own stance, but please, i've questioned this issue, gone around and around on it, and came to the conclusion i did. so stop trying to convince me otherwise.

8. niranjan

niranjan Member

I respect that attitude in you.

But you have to admit, I also have the right to refute what you said as well. :H

9. ChiefCowpie

sounds like he's the one for me

10. ChiefCowpie

back on topic, smoking cigarettes isn't cool and it won't get you back to god's head

11. niranjan

niranjan Member

Smoking cigarettes indeed is bad for health, but at the same time it is also not as dangerous as drugs, and can be good for relaxation, as taught by Che Guevara in his book , "Guerilla warfare."

12. Jedi

Jedi Self Banned

I love Radharani, she takes care of me everyday, I don't know what I would do without her. :)

13. ChiefCowpie

be careful, krishna may get jeolous

14. Jedi

Jedi Self Banned

hahaha you should be careful of what you make fun off. I don't think a father is jealous of a mother's love for her child, especially not krishna , nice try though.

15. snake sedrick

snake sedrick Banned

Tobbaco is far worse than many other drugs. The only reason people think it's ok is because it is legal and therefore accepted by the 'great society'.

16. niranjan

niranjan Member

So you mean to say that it is more dangerous than LSD or cocaine or others.

<<<<The only reason people think it's ok is because it is legal and therefore accepted by the 'great society'>>>

well, it might be a good idea if people got rid of it.

17. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

LSD is only dangerous if it is used by people who are ignorant of its effects. Lumping LSD and Cocaine together as dangerous is completley rediculous.

18. SvgGrdnBeauty

SvgGrdnBeauty only connect

Mmm but they won't. The government gets too much in taxes off of them. As soon as the government figures out a way to tax marajuana, I'm sure that will be legal too. The latter, I find to be less dangerous than alcohol (this is based on that I have been with my friends both drunk and stoned...and they are less distructive stoned. lol).

19. niranjan

niranjan Member

So are you saying that if one is aware of its effects then there is nothing wrong in taking it. :ack:

Well, both are drugs, possession of which can get you arrested in many countries and are obviously harmful . I don't know how it can be "completely ridiculous ". :rolleyes5

20. niranjan

niranjan Member

And how do you know. I myself used to take a few cigarettes just for the taste of it, and even though I got a kick out of it, I stopped it then and there, because i am aware of the adverse health effects of cigg. , and I also did not want to set an example as well. :sunglasse