Racist America !!!

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Vladimir Illich, May 6, 2020.

1. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

For a moment lets exclude the video.

A group of black teens said they were walking through the neighborhood when heard a woman screaming inside a house. They forced their way into the house in a desperate effort to save her.

While doing so they witnessed a white man exit the backdoor.

That’s pretty much the same story Thing 1 (Gregory McMichael) and Thing 2 (Travis McMichael) gave the police, and nearly got away with murder.

2. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

well then exclude the videos in both, in the above exclude the Additional person in the house and The one in the backyard who gave chase. Then all you would have is the words of the Possible perpetrator and you can’t arrest on suspicion in either cases. Evidence must be gathered. This takes time. The videos in both cases made a Huge difference in arresting, one of them being withheld, but again neither group are found guilty yet. If the black teens get off, found not guilty, will you call it unfair? If the white guys get off, found not guilty, will you call it unfair?

once arrests are made then it must go before a grand jury within ten days as well.

Also, is this the story the black teens told the cops? Or are you making this up for the sake of argument?

Last edited: May 9, 2020
    youngbob2929 likes this.
  3. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Do you think that without the video, this would have gone to trial when brought to a grand jury? Do you think the cops had enough evidence without it? I think this entire case is going to hinge on it. And the video only appeared about 5 days ago online. Not from police evidence,

youngbob2929 likes this.
  4. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

OK forget about the videos

If the black teens had gotten off I suspect they’d all be heading to Harvard in the fall or some other Ivy league school, and yet two white guys with nothing more than a sixth grade education managed to avoid arrest for over 2 months - you don’t believe race isn’t involved?

And yes it would have been a miscarriage of justice if the teens got off.

5. Beach Ball Lady Balls

well I don’t know what kind of education any of these people have tbh. Glad to see you are aiming high for the black Kids And low for the white guys. Pretty sure the White father had more than a grade 6 education. You do require graduating there to be a cop, no?
    Anyways, yes, we shall see how it all plays out.. the evidence, etc... and decide if it is a miscarriage of justice. I see these guys as guilty as fuck by the way, because of the video. I would be a bad person to have on the jury in this case. Defence has an uphill climb or a guilty plea will happen in hopes of a lighter sentence.

youngbob2929 and jimandjan like this.
  6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

oh i have no idea about that. i haven't really read up on the story beyond the very basics, so i don't know what other evidence was out there.

i do know that historically, cops don't seem to be held accountable unless the public sees a video of their misdeeds. but i can't say for sure one way or the other.

7. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

Black and White aside. Those guys should to jail and any officials, who waited so long should be punished also. I just hope they go to court in front of a black judge, and all black jury.

Those guys in that pick up remind me of the end to Easy Rider mover, and that pisses me off.

8. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

I mean movie, not mover.

9. Beach Ball Lady Balls

So this evidence was not turned over to the police and was/is a “very important piece of evidence.” Without it all they had was a father and son, both telling the same story. By thursday night they were arrested.

also this evidence was apparently in the hands of a lawyer Named tucker, who was not hired as their attorney. He is the one who turned it over to the media.

historically does not represent today or this second, nor guilt or innocence. Do you want guilty until proven innocent in the courts, based on history? That is how things are run in France. Presumed guilty and must prove your innocence.

Brunswick Attorney Says He Leaked The Arbery Shooting Video

youngbob2929 likes this.
  10. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm not going to go through my 81 years of hearing about all the lynchings, the untold number of stops for driving while black, being in "the wrong neighborhoods", the fact that blacks were brought here as human machinery in the first place, denied education and whipped for learning how to read, treated like sub-humans, having families split up and sold as objects, the Jim Crow rules/laws that kept them down after the civil war, the land stolen from native Americans, the trail of tears, the only good Indian is a dead Indian, ripped from their ancestral lands and made to live where the white man wanted, the internment of decent hard working Japanese Americans that lost ALL that they had worked for, the fucking lying con man president of the US who is a racist to his core, was fined years ago for discrimination against renting to black /brown folks, seemingly cannot stand brown and black people ----and 60 million people who think he is a decent human being-----------no not much racism here. You foreigners think you know about this country? Maybe you do and maybe you think there is not still heavy racism here. Think again.

stormountainman and Tyrsonswood like this.
  11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i didn't say anything about what i want. history can be used to predict the future, not with any great degree of accuracy, but if you have nothing else to go on then what has happened in the past is not a terrible place to look for hints. so when you asked what would have happened without the video, i said what historically has happened in situations where there was not obvious evidence available to the public.

12. Beach Ball Lady Balls

do you really think these guys will be treated differently than anyone else, simply because they are white? This is now under a microscope. They will most likely be treated with a severe hand, the harshest. They will be made into a poster child of what not to do. A rep as the evil white racist Americans, like you are doing, Fine, but again, I can’t call them racist either. I don’t know. Neither do you. Generally I don’t walk around assuming people are racist. Are you speaking for Japanese people and Native people on this continent now? Don’t bother. Not your place by your way of thinking. Don’t speak for my ethnicity or try to justify your assumptions. I do not think there is heavy racism today, in the USA. I don’t believe majority of the people are racist.

who are these 60 million you say think he is a great guy? Which guy? are you talking about and where are the numbers on this 60 million? Are you going with the sins of the father are your sins of the son in this scenario?

youngbob2929 likes this.
  13. scratcho

I'll speak about anything I want. My original post stands. Take it or leave it.

stormountainman and hotwater like this.
  14. scratcho

I've broken one of my self imposed rules---that is --not to reply to you, the Gorilla and a few others. I will not do so again.

stormountainman likes this.
  15. Beach Ball Lady Balls

yes and I see the similarity, visually. But I can’t say it is racism here either. I can’t really say what happened, other than these guys made a bad choice, one they will pay for in some way. Trying to take the law into their own hands.

stand your ground doesn’t mean drive up to a guy, follow him, Stalk him....get out of your truck with a gun, etc...

youngbob2929 likes this.
  16. Gul Dukat

Gul Dukat Kanar, anyone?

Good.

youngbob2929 likes this.
  17. Beach Ball Lady Balls

but you are not Japanese. How can you speak about this? You are not native either, don’t speak for me, don’t make me into a rep for your cause, I am me, not a cause, don’t speak for natives as a way to justify calling this racism and you politics agendas. Get it? I too can speak about anything I want. I am not looking to fight here. I didn’t like that the OP called America Racist. Are there racist people, yes. Same with every other place, but I do believe they are running your country either, I don’t believe they are . I do not believe you are racist. Sensationalized headlines like this one is a problem. Just like in the media and people are eating it up.

Mustard Tiger and youngbob2929 like this.
  18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah i never brought up racism either. i just brought up the fact that cops tend to get away with stuff that nobody else does.

on the surface, this one looks like it was at least partially race based. but i don't know that for a fact. i do not believe that racism is the cause every time a crime is committed between races. i also don't find it all that relevant; murdering someone because you're a racist piece of shit is equally bad as murdering someone because you're some other kind of piece of shit in my eyes.

Beach Ball Lady Balls likes this.
  19. Gul Dukat

Gul Dukat Kanar, anyone?

Haha yeah either way, ya really gotta go to jail.
    DEED5D52-A306-4124-BFE6-A0AF6A053CDF.gif

Orison likes this.
  20. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yet more evidence of what seems to be institutional racism throughout the US !!!

African Americans are dying from the coronavirus at a disproportionately high rate, and one of the culprits is medical racism

The city of Chicago is predominantly white, with Black residents making up only 23% of the population. Yet the majority of people who have died from COVID-19 in the city, 58%, are African American. That statistic alone is extremely disturbing, but unfortunately it's not unique to Chicago. All across the United States, Black and Brown folks are disproportionately dying during this pandemic — and one of the reasons is medical racism.

Most healthcare staff have chosen their profession because they have big hearts and want to help people. But unfortunately implicit bias and even intentional acts of discrimination still occur within the profession. Numerous cases have already come to light in which people of color, struggling to breathe and desperate for lifesaving medical care, arrive at hospitals — only to be denied virus tests and turned away, dying at home. The reason behind this must be addressed and resolved now. Every single person deserves the best healthcare we can provide, both during the pandemic and after.