Racism

Discussion in 'People' started by Mamluke, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Yes, people are allowed to do this. But they're also allowed to ignore nutcases who believe it.

2. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Unfortunately, I don't think he's a troll.

3. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Yes they can, and we can ignore them.

4. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Racist speech is hurting other people, but the government can't do anything about it because of the First Amendment.

5. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

And that's the way it has to be. Otherwise, government officials would define "hate speech" to be whatever fits their agenda.

It's up to the people to do something about it, and that's what's happening with public shaming on the internet, causing racists to lose their jobs and friends. It's the 21st century legal system. :)

6. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Not exactly. To use the cliche, they aren't allowed to cry fire in a crowded theater. Nor are they allowed to go up to someone and say :"Yer mudda is a whore" (fighting words). Nor to say somebody is a thief when (s)he's not (defamation); nor to incite a riot. Those are things government can take action against. Then there are a wider range of things you can't say in the wrong place at the wrong time if you're dealing with a private employer or owner. If your boss prohibits hate speech and you engage in it on the job he can fire your ass, or even off the job if it makes the news or social media. Or if you're on social media and post things in violation of its policies--like posting lengthy excerpts from racist writers, using HF as a bulletin board, etc.--they can put a stop to that, too, if they want to. Christians aren't allowed to post extensive quotations from the Bible on HF except in the special Christian subforum, cuz they were getting carried away with it. If I happened to post extensive posts from Marx, Engels, Lenin, Stalin, Mao, etc., on HF, I'd expect to get my ass banned--not necessarily because they "offended" somebody, but because it clutters up a forum meant for exchange of our own ideas, not somebody else's.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  7. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

You're entitled to your opinion. But if you try to put it into practice, you might find out the hard way that it's incorrect.

8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

OK If you insist 'peckerwood' would seem to be the appropriate response

GloomyCloud likes this.
  9. hotwater

No not at all it just seemed to roll right off the tongue

GloomyCloud likes this.
  10. hotwater

White man charged with hate crime in car attack on Black people

A white Southern California man was jailed on $1 million bail after being charged with a hate crime stemming from an incident in which police allege he screamed racial slurs at a group of Black people
    before driving a car at them, injuring two, including an off-duty security guard who fired shots at the charging vehicle.

Dennis Aaron Wyman, 42, allegedly fled the confrontation last month in a hotel parking lot in Torrance, California, police said. He was arrested during a July 8 traffic stop in Rodando Beach
    where he lives and was charged on Monday with multiple felony counts, according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office.

[​IMG]

Tishomingo likes this.
  11. hotwater

A couple accused of assaulting a 59-year-old hotel worker in Mystic, Connecticut, while yelling racial slurs after complaining
    about a lack of hot water in their room, was arrested early Monday in Brooklyn, New York.

Philip Sarner and Emily Orbay were extradited to Connecticut later Monday, where they face assault and other charges, Stonington police said in a statement.

They are accused of attacking Crystal Caldwell, a Black desk clerk, on June 26 at a Quality Inn, where she has worked for several years. Caldwell has said the couple confronted her
    after complaining about the water temperature in their room.

Caldwell and her attorney, M. John Strafaci, said the couple, who are white, attacked her twice and called her a monkey.

[​IMG]

Tishomingo likes this.
  12. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

14. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Really? The whole left? I know your interviewer dude, Ami Horowitz, qualifies that by saying "many" on the left. How many? Has anybody taken a poll? I've often been called "left" on HF, and I'm here to tell you I don't want to abolish the police. That's a really stupid idea, and the sooner the radical left gets over it, the better. He must have picked the dumbest members of the left the could find to interview--either that or they're actors paid to play dumb. Ami Horowitz who made the video is a right wing activist trying to stir shit. What does he know?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    Tyrsonswood likes this.
  15. hotwater

That story is three years old; you couldn’t find something a little more contemporary?

It’s virtually impossible these days to keep up with the number of KAREN stories, like the white woman yesterday in California who confronted a Black family for having Yard Sale (even though they had a legal permit from the city) or the white woman at a Florida Walmart who went on a tirade and refused to wear a mask. or the white couple caught on film harassing a black man who was painting BLM on his own property.

Btw the Florida Walmart lady was undoubtedly a Trump supporter, just like you – interesting.

16. hotwater

Breonna Taylor was alive after police shot her. But no one tried to treat her.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Just after midnight March 13, three Louisville police officers fired more than 20 bullets into Breonna Taylor's apartment, striking her five times.

But she didn't die — not right away.

For at least five minutes, she struggled, coughing for breath, according to her boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, who told investigators she was alive as he called her mom and yelled for help.

(Police are) yelling like, 'Come out, come out,' and I'm on the phone with her (mom). I'm still yelling help because she's over here coughing and, like, I'm just freaking out
    ," Walker said in a recorded police interview 3 hours after the shooting.

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

18. Poplo.

Poplo. Members

Oh the police were just walking by then then they decided to fire all them rounds for no reason at all.......................RIGHT!

19. hotwater

The case is still under investigation but It's clear they lied to the judge in order to attain the warrant.

Your statement is more correct than you can imagine.

And when is it OK for the police to blindly fire into apartment without a clear target?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape