Racism

Discussion in 'People' started by Mamluke, Feb 18, 2020.

1. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Why would I have any interest in being white or wearing white face? How about just being treated equal?

And speaking of equal, If you're jealous of certain physical attributes we possess, well there's nothing i can do about it, but surely you must have
    researched nonsurgical methods.

While naturally I've never needed one myself, there are vacuum pumps which have shown promise....lol..

Tishomingo likes this.
  2. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Things are getting better. BLM has effected more change than a generation of platitudes from governments and corporations that said racism existed only in the rear view mirror.

3. granite45

This is an outstanding example of white privilege and elitism. Millions of people of color in the US and elsewhere don’t have such a luxury.

4. Poplo.

Poplo. Members

and as a african american do they call black people ...jungle bunnies..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I'm not thrilled with the idea that anyone might be downplaying the challenges faced by African-Americans.

Is the term "jungle bunnies" meant endearingly? If not, isn't that against the name-calling rule? There's probably another rule broken in there too...

There's a fine line between pointless banter and ad hominem attacks. Let's not walk that line, gentlemen.

6. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Common right wing dog whistle. For example the alt-right loves Asia. It's still overwhelmingly Asian while Europe and America is very mixed with a large white population. The difference is unacceptable to them.

But the difference between America and Japan is the Japanese will be racist in a clueless way. Like they see a black man before they have only see them in Hollywood movies. So they might believe some stereotypes. He's a rapper, he plays basketball, he's a scary gang member. People who are not Asian are kind of an attraction. Both good and bad they assume things about you because most of the world sees Hollywood films even if they get dubbed from English. Renting in Japan can be kind of hard for racial reasons. Can you be trusted to pay on time, do you understand our laws, have you only come to chase our women? Pretty much the same things racists say about black people. It's often a culture white people use an example of racism against them but it's not American racism. We know better and that makes it the worst racism. Not to think that every black man is like a rap song, but to ignore the realities of society and always blame the victim when they are screwed.

And perhaps because America has such a short history it is more of a melting pot. We have made a new culture that mixes things. A lot of Americans will say theory are Italian or Irish and how they cook like the old country. Italians would be shocked at what Americans call pizza. Because they brought their culture to a new land it became popular with others and the culture sort of changed too. The things are always evolving and it's silly to worry about cross contamination.

It used to be hard to travel. We don't have the same families living in a village for 1,000 years like Europe and Asia. I don't see a problem if cultures mixed. If you look at history then and now people always want to copy foreigners cool ideas. Fashion, music, art, in Rome or modern times there is an appetite to mix. Bananas used to be expensive and exotic to the English. No one worried about British culture dying when they ate them and no one is less British for having a banana with a traditional full English breakfast. In Rome no one was expected to be Roman they just had too many cultures under their control. They just had to respect Rome and pay tax.

7. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

What I proved is for the reader to decide. You missed the point of one's "culture" not mattering histrionically. Europe does not care it's not some sort of racial team. There is no land for Asian or black people. White people just don't want to live there. It's a racists concept and pretty sad. That's why you are angry white people "accept" them. You are the one with the warped concept of culture. You feel like a victim because you assume everyone is concerned with a few strands of DNA as you.

Skin color says nothing about some kind of automatically alliance with people. I don't think most Europeans want to me Muslim and they would not respect Muslims if that was forced but most don't care if they live close. It's silly to expect Europe or America to be a "home land" for white people. America was stolen from people who were not white who have those European style roots. It was the white man who was the Spanish speaking Muslim who took their culture from them. The white people had different values and they over ran the real culture with violence and numbers. The Alt-right says the same thing now about non-whites but when you tell them this the white people had a right to do it. Culture evolves and theirs was better. Now that they are outnumbered they want sympathy.

And Europe does not get along. Everyone was white for centuries and worshiped the same god. They still killed each other all the time.

8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

You seem awfully worried about "a few strands of DNA", though...

9. Tyrsonswood

You just don't want to live around anybody with different DNA....

10. Tyrsonswood

You can live where ever you want...

You can not stop somebody with different DNA from moving in right next door to you.

Tishomingo likes this.
  11. Poplo.

Poplo. Members

My statement about "jungle bennies' was meant for "hotwater" who attacked my nationality! I also have feelings like any other person and when I'm attacked I attack right back!...................sorry if I septed on any others foot!

GloomyCloud likes this.
  12. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

You haven't "shown" anything, pal. You've just stated your opinion.
    As a matter of fact it is. It's stupid.

13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Did you mention elsewhere in a way where you thought I might believe you give a crap about anyone outside your own country?

14. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

No one thinks your stupid, but you do seem to have an inferiority complex, which you try to hide by proving to yourself that whites are superior to blacks.

hey If it makes you feel better about yourself that's between you and your conscience.

It's my guess you're not as successful as your peers, so you blame it on Blacks and other minorities who are taking away good jobs
    from more qualified whites.

Tishomingo likes this.
  15. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

You want to be Equal? Alrighty, thank you for answering my original question (below)

So if you want equal treatment, then it's time to say good bye to all those special entitlement programs given to certain people based on the color of their skin.

Poplo. and GloomyCloud like this.
  16. granite45

Actually, I mentioned elsewhere so people in your country and almost every other nation colonized by Northern Europeans might display some compassion. There’s plenty of guilt to go around WE need to take a hard look at our behavior.
    Many years ago in Kyoto, Japan my wife and I were the target of racial discrimination in a coffee shop....felt like shit, and I cannot imagine living with that day in and day out......as do hundreds of millions of people of color in nations that were colonized by Caucasians, nations like yours and mine.

Tishomingo likes this.
  17. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Just because someone is being an asshole to another person, it isn’t always for racism based reasons.

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Why don't you give your house to a native American family and move back to wherever your ancestors came from then?, So native Americans can thrive in that area again

If you don't, you are just as guilty as those first colonialists by continuing to rob native Americans of their land, or native Canadians of their land if you are Canadian

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  19. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

So when are you moving out and giving your home to the indigenous Aborigines ???

20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Oh, I didn't say I care