racial profiling

Discussion in 'People' started by McFuddy, Jun 7, 2013.

1. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

Hmmmmm you caught me there I suppose I could explain it two ways
    I should have said people who support illegal immigration, because the fact is illegal immigration is bad. It is bad for our economy, and takes jobs from hard working American citizens, and hard working legal immigrants with work visa's in the US
    If said illegal immigrant says "my presence here is having no effect on the economy" or said supporter of illegal immigration says it "has no negative effects on anything", then that in and of itself is ignorance, although I guess in a way we are all ignorant
    as in not knowing to certain things, vs ignorant, as in...a douche bag?

2. roamy

roamy Senior Member

3. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

If I'm a mexican and my family is starving and there is an employer willing to hire just across that imaginary line we call the border, where do you think my priority's should lie? Should I worry about effecting some abstract concept like the US economy or should I try to do anything possible to feed my family?

4. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

What if at that same time, I am trying to feed my family, and someone fires me, hires an illegal? My priority is the same. And its not that hard to actually immigrate here legally....and you know...make more money, because of minimum wage, Oh and I know not all illegal immigrants are like this but you do have to count the minority of them that are criminals, i.e parts of drug cartels and gangs such as ms-13

5. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

Also why does the illegal immigrant have to be mexican? We have many who are from europe, and africa as well, oh and asia, weird how the ones who smuggle asians are called snakeheads, and the ones who smuggle hispanics are called coyote

6. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

It was just an example and it's obvious where you are coming from.

7. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

8. Individual

Individual Senior Member

If the government succeeds in legalizing those who are currently in the U.S. illegally, what will be the cost considering that they then can legally demand they be paid the minimum wage and avail themselves of all the entitlement programs? Will many of them then become unemployed as a result of becoming entitled to higher wages and federally mandated benefits paid for or subsidized in the State and Federal budgets?

That said, what was decided about the OP topic, 'racial profiling'?

9. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

It's human nature as even the black woman demonstrated. Did white people give black people a bad name or did black people give black people a bad name? If a black person is tired of being profiled then maybe his anger should be directed towards all his criminal brothers.

10. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Sometimes I think the reason the United States has cheaper food than here in Canada is because you have access to Mexican labor. Especially chicken and beef industries. The savings from illegal labor is passed on the the customers right?

11. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

This...:2thumbsup:

12. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

This isn't the case. People who are trying to immigrate legally are put on waiting lists, and can sometimes remain on said waiting list for 10 years.

The only way I see to solve the illegal immigration issue is to provide a viable route for immigrants to come here legally.

13. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

It has more to do with our large land mass and transportation vs sparse population, I think. We also get most of our grocery store fruits and veggies from the US. We do have illegal labour* here and we also have legal seasonal workers who work at much less than our min wage.