Race based

Discussion in 'Hip News' started by Mamluke, Sep 22, 2018.

1. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

You and your SO should come to Kentucky for a race and I'd meet you there. I've never been to a NASCAR thing before. Are there interesting things to do while the race is going on? :p

GLENGLEN and Irminsul like this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well yeah, while the race is in you sit and drink beer. :p

Problem for me is, I don't like the track... There's 4 of them in the circuit. We call them cookie cutters as a cookie cutter, you cut the same shape.

Now, Vegas, Kentucky, Chicago and Kansas all look the same, they're also all extremely different to drive. But I just don't get excited about the racing there. I find the field spreads out..
    It might all change since nascar has made a DOG FUCKING MOVE IN LOWERING HORSE POWER!! for 2019 onward.

I'm really disappointed in nascar for that. Lower horsepower..... That's so un-American.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I mean I guess you could walk around the attractions while the race is on... But you do that shit on Thursday so by Sunday you don't have to, so you can sit and drink beer and watch cars go around in circles. :p it's not just a one day thing for me, I'm there all weekend. :p

4. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

It isn't just education. What you point out in education is just part of the same principles applied to many aspects of America. If we reject something, and that something involves a race different than mine, then play tge race card on me rather than fixing the problem.

Trump finally gave a lot of frustrated people a voice. And he also emboldened some racist that I wish he wouldnt have. But the left have certainly thrived off racist and racism for decades. Trump figured out a way to beat them at their own game.

5. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

I think I originally ignored this post due to its blatant racism, but seeing as this thread is going again.

So you don't care that police murder a Black person every 28 hours in america alone. That's pretty messed up of you.

"How black people treat each other has nothing to do with whether police should be able to kill them with impunity. What's more, intraracial violence is about as common among white people as it is among black people. Per Politifact, black murder victims were killed by black perpetrators about 91% of the time from 2009 to 2013, according to FBI data; white victims were killed by white perpetrators about 83% of the time.

"All violence and crime is about proximity," Carla Shedd, assistant professor of sociology and African-American studies at Columbia University and author of Unequal City: Race, Schools and Perceptions of Injustice, said in an interview. "Calling it 'black-on-black crime' is an unnecessary specification."

Crime rates in poor black neighborhoods are often high because of concentrated poverty, lack of investment and low employment and education prospects, she added. But this violence is also presented as evidence of a unique cultural pathology — a "dysfunctional culture," to use Mac Donald's words. It is a problem attributed to blackness itself, rather than the societal factors that cause any group to commit crimes against people who live near them.

"This logic around [black-on-black] crime has always served a larger political purpose," Muhammad said. "It allows us to disqualify those communities from our structural investments. They are their own worst enemies, we say. We have no obligation to help these people until they help themselves."

In reality, Giuliani and others on the right aren't even interested in "black-on-black crime." They want to avoid an honest reckoning with why racial inequality persists in the United States. But this faux concern for black well-being is also unsupported by the policies of their party. The modern GOP has rarely shown even a surface-level interest in black safety, save for the rare occasion when it fits the party's political agenda."

- The "Black on Black Crime" Myth is the US'S Substitute for Caring About Black Safety

scratcho likes this.
  6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Not if the dumb fuck is pointing a gun at / running with a knife towards the police

WritersPanic and Terry B like this.
  7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i think everyone knows this, which is why it's confusing when the same people pointing it out to refute black on black crime refuse to acknowledge it when pretending that the police are going out of their way to murder black people based solely on skin color.

9. GuerrillaLorax

And a lot of the people being killed are doing none of the above. A significant amount aren't even breaking the "law" at all.

Statistics speak for themselves.

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

1. So to back up your point you post a video of a guy not getting killed?

2. Now, maybe its just me, but if I have a dozen cops around me, Id just say, ok, lets go the station, sort it out.....you know NOT resist arrest. And what did he do, heard someone say "he just smacked her in the mouth".

So, to try make a point about people getting shot by police you post a video of a guy that hit a woman in the face then is dumb enough to resist arrest with 6 cops around him (dumb fuck) and doesnt get shot

11. GuerrillaLorax

He was choked to death on camera, using an illegal choke-hold, for allegedly selling loose cigarettes. Putting your arms up and saying you did nothing wrong is hardly worth being excecuted for.

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

"An unnamed NYPD official quoted in the New York Postsaid that the $35 million retraining efforts were ineffective and a "waste of time."[89]Patrick Lynch, leader of the police union Patrolmen's Benevolent Association, challenged the claim that a chokehold was used, further stating that the union would be able to find many use-of-force experts who would also challenge the claim that a chokehold was used.[90] Lynch also attributed Garner's death to resisting arrest and, "a lack of the respect for law enforcement, resulting from the slanderous, insulting, and unjust manner in which police officers are being portrayed."[91][92] Edward D. Mullins, the head of the union representing police sergeants, called on members not to slow down police response across the city by supervising every arrest. He also commented saying that the use of the term "chokehold" by the chief medical examiner's office was political.[90]Police union officials and Pantaleo's lawyer argued that Pantaleo did not use the chokehold, but instead used a NYPD-taught takedown move because Garner was resisting arrest"

Death of Eric Garner - Wikipedia

Given you say a black man is murdered by US police once every 28 hours, surely you can find a more concrete example than a guy with severe bronchial asthma 4 years ago

13. GuerrillaLorax

"If you disrespect or are skeptical towards police, we'll murder you and get away with it."

You would have made a great Nazi back in the day.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

He would have looked good in uniform too. Nazis always looked good in uniform.. But a gay Nazi? Hell, now he'd be looking more than good. :D he'd be looking fiiiiine as. Str8 fire :hearteyecat: while he choke that motherfucker.

15. I never would have pegged 'Nilla as a racist before.

And I don't see any reason to now.

At some point we all have to be able to discuss these issues without going straight for the throat with this kind of labeling. I mean really, once you have resorted to calling someone in a discussion names, what's the point? Do you actually want to know what the "racist" has to say? Of course not.

By slapping that label onto someone, during a discussion, it doesn't seem likely you'd be open to a return to any actual discussion with them.

Hypothetically of course.

[By the way, the forums have posting rules]

Irminsul and tumbling.dice like this.
  16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Kind of confirms you dont have a point if you have to go back fours years to find a video that involves a guy that didnt have a weapon.

You said a black gets killed by US police, and I know the cops in the US kill more white guys, so if I bothered working it out, would it be something like a white guy gets shot by US police every 14 hours or something.

Why no outrage if its a white guy gets shot, even if he comes from a disadvantaged background comparable to some black people.

Its unfortunate what happened to Eric Garner, but why the fuck did he resist arrest?especially if the charge was going to be for selling single cigarrettes. Seriously, who does that, yes it is in part his fault

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Sheriff shows up he says what're you hoodlums doing

Ahh nothing much junior, we just trying to have some fun

Well he's a actin' tough and taking names and shutting us down, but at least we got something to talk about when Monday rolls around

Another Friday night! In the oil patch town
    Keep the beers outta site
    When the state troopers come around
    And we ain't look for trouble but wouldnt mind a fight
    What else we gonna do it's just another Friday night
    Friday night
    In the oil patch town

18. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Well he is a white gorilla. That's enough to cast doubt.

WritersPanic likes this.
  19. GuerrillaLorax

Hence why I was so hesitant to reply.

20. GuerrillaLorax

I don't know why people don't understand that per capita is included in statistics. Yes whites are murdered by cops all the time. And there is often outrage over it.

He got angry with the cops (don't understand how you view that as resisting arrest) because this has happened to him many, many times. As is common with most Black and Brown folks.