Race based

Discussion in 'Hip News' started by Mamluke, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Hahaha you're in Florida, right? That would include my stepmom and sister. I just cannot discuss politics with them. Not because they're Trump supporters, but because their reason for supporing Trump is based on fear, hate, misinformation, and propaganda. They're the type of people who believe all Mexicans are murderers. All Muslims are terrorists. All feminists are manhating bitches--including make feminists. All liberals are communists. And, my favorite, libertarians are hippies.

So, yeah...

scratcho and la Principessa like this.
  2. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Yep. I'm surrounded by them. They listen to everything trump says, and my girlfriend's mom even called us "violent liberals" because apparently all of us spend our leisure time attacking trump supporters. Trump makes white conservative religious people think they're victims. And they won't hear or respect your opinion. At least the ones I've met.

scratcho likes this.
  3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I agree with your girlfriends mum :p
    She seems dialled in.

4. You'd swear NASCAR was run from the Caribbean the way they color those cars.

5. I realize the online community can make it seem like the whole nation is fucked, and I've seen that since the 80s. People behind a screen can become a complete Mr. Hyde to the persona they present to the world. Which one is real? Maybe neither, maybe both, but not necessarily either.

In the real world this can manifest itself in destructive ways, particularly where race is used as a wedge to abuse people or their rights. Here in Atlanta our school system became the infamous center of grade enhancement conspiracies. For a decade "educators" changed test answers to make it appear the children's grades were improving. Most of the children were black. All of the conspirators were.

That in itself didn't create the problem, but anyone who questioned the situation was immediately shouted down and if white, called racist for even suggesting that something was amiss. Which is why the problem dragged on long enough to screw a whole generation of children. Their future was sacrificed to give a bunch of school workers (hardly teachers) awards, raises and prizes. (/tangent)

Anyway, my overall point is that it doesn't take a lot of trolls to muddy the digital waters. I've been in chat rooms since 1984 (Compuserve) and the two greatest features have been Ignore and Ban (when moderated). Before that trolls (back then we just called them assholes) could annoy all they wanted. The important thing is that the trolls are not a cross section of the population in general. They are a small, outlying subset of assholes in general.

Mamluke likes this.
  6. You are so right. What people are doing these days is literally programming themselves to be miserable. Not only that, but they are self programming to see joy as being able to shut someone else down. Or worse, taking great pride in harassing or humiliating someone. These are all pathological behaviors that we all used to lament. Stewing in them constantly can't possibly be good.

And it's killing comedy.

Irminsul likes this.
  7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

usually they try and rip me a new one in these threads. :p

WritersPanic likes this.
  8. Agreed, "they" seem to think tactics trump accuracy. As long as they can "win" an argument, they're content. Regardless of whether the argument was actually settled on its merits. I see a lot of that these days. There are some very depressing people out there who are only "happy" when they can spread their miserable perspective.

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i'm sure trump's example is the cause of there being so much focus. there's always some, but when you get someone who's in a big place in the public eye, who sets such a blatant example of illogical thoughtlessness, seemingly for personal gain with little thought or concern for anything else. i don't mean this as a personal thing or an ideological thing, but to point at an observable mechanism.

it isn't just race of course either. we're seeing this with gender and religious belief also, and of course i'm not saying its just him. there's always some of this.
    but when everyone sees a bad example in high places, then it becomes hard not to focus on the results of its example.

i think, hope, once that example is gone, the ambient culture will settle back down to more normally expected levels.
    not that we shouldn't be more aware of the price of ignoring consideration, logic, and all the rest of it.

we've just had an election in which a clear majority of americans have said no, loudly and clearly to fascist tyranny,
    so maybe, hopefully, that is a step in a more moral and rational direction.

scratcho likes this.
  10. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

more whites are killed by cops then blacks

Orison and Irminsul like this.
  11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Cracka lives matter too!

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

They are killed by cops, then they are killed by blacks?

They are killed twice.

Sorry, grammar nazis rooool!

WritersPanic and Irminsul like this.
  13. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

Nope, not per capita. Poor whitey's are so oppressed haha. But you're right that police will kill anyone. Just forms of oppression do play a role in that.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Only 99 more days, until the Daytona 500 :D

tumbling.dice and Orison like this.
  15. deleted

deleted Visitor

It funny how so many people on this site, thinks everyone hates Trump, just like they do..

WritersPanic likes this.
  16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Doesnt seem to be any indication where they are getting their info from, or how its worked out

"Paired with official government mortality data, this new finding indicates that about one in every 65 deaths of a young African American man in the US is a killing by police."

And whats the cause of the other 64 in every 65 deaths I wonder.

Wouldnt be suicides, drug overdoses and getting shot by other black guys would it?

17. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

You’re right there are several posters who have made it clear they strongly support Trump.

But you have to admit overall his favorability numbers in hip Forums lies somewhere between Ebola Zaire, The Bubonic Plague, AIDS, E. Coli, and Pancreatic Cancer ..lol..

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    scratcho and snowtiggernd like this.
  18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

70 Days until the Daytona 500!

[​IMG]

19. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Kentucky has a track now. :)

Home

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Kentucky has a track on the schedule for like 15 years :p
    yeah that was like.. 2004/2005. lemme check.

Opened in 1998. First NASCAR race 2011, oh i find that hard to believe but maybe I am thinking of Kansas or Chicago, they're all the same cookie cutter 1.5mile track.