R.I.P. John Prine

Discussion in 'Music' started by MikeE, Apr 7, 2020.

1. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Thank your for your songs and all the songs you have and will still inspire.

2. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Very sad............

3. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Sorry to hear of his passing. It's enraging that his death was in no small part due to the Trump Administration's decision to do not one fucking thing, and just let Americans die needlessly by the thousands. Killed by the very same "Fuck off and die" attitude that Prine devoted his career to stopping. Prine seemed like a nice guy, yet his life was taken from him by a professional con artist who proudly doubles as a god damn murderer. That's a tough fucking thing to swallow.

I remember in some detail the first time I heard John Prine, on an unusually warm winter day, I think 1984... WAIF 88.3 Cincinnati had a show called "A Modern Folk Revival" whose host played Paradise, Grandpa Was A Carpenter, and Dear Abby. I was an instant fan. Some of my kids' earliest memories are me singing "Paradise" to them. Some artists can hit ya so hard inside that you never forget that first "wow" moment- Prine was one of those for me.

"Did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?"

hotwater likes this.
  4. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Always loved Sam Stone !!

5. Bicaptain My Captain

Bicaptain My Captain Members

Well, I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking
    Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away