R.I.P. John McCain

Discussion in 'People' started by Okiefreak, Aug 25, 2018.

1. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Tis Hip Forums......What More Needs To Be Said.... :D

Cheers Glen.

McFuddy likes this.
  2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I'm not saying it was aliens.... because:

[​IMG]

Irminsul likes this.
  3. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Well, no accounting for tastes. some folks are into dwarf tossing, others BDSM. Then there's the poop fetish. Here are some others. 46 Sexual Fetishes You've Never Heard Of | HuffPost If you like him so much, maybe we could work out a deal to send him to you.

4. Asmodean

If you never combined the three you have not lived yet!

scratcho likes this.
  5. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

He had body doubles and that's a fact.

6. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

And To Think All This Time I Pictured You As A Cheese Loving.....Clean Living.....Young

Man That Any Mother Would Be Proud Of......Guess I Misread That One Huh...???... :D

Cheers Glen.

7. Asmodean

I'm a cheese dealer, Glen. Not a cheese lover (but certainly an appreciator). I don't (over)indulge in my own business!

Anyway, BDSM is really not my thing. Dwarf tossing and poopsex on itself neither. But you can always call me for the combi (in fact, I will be mad if you don't)!

GLENGLEN likes this.
  8. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Republicans are becoming the new pro peace party. Democrats are the new pro war party. John McCain has been instrumental in our actions over the past 17 years of spreading death and destruction in multiple countries. That said, I'm sad he died just like I'm sad for all the people that have died or have been messed up in all these unnecessary wars.

9. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

10. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

When are they going to do something peaceful?

Lynnbrown, Eric! and Okiefreak like this.
  11. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Trump: ”Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?" (Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.274 , Jul 2, 2000), Trump: "I’m really good at war." He said he'd “bomb the shit out of ISIS,” to “take out” the families of ISIS members and to torture terrorism suspects. (“Would I approve waterboarding? You bet your ass I would,” he told one crowd. “And you know what? If it doesn't work, they deserve it anyway, for what they're doing.”) When it was pointed out thathe couldn' legally do that, he said "They're not going to refuse me. Believe me.”Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?" Trump at War "Several months ago, a foreign policy expert on the international level went to advise Donald Trump. And three times [Trump] asked about the use of nuclear weapons. Three times he asked at one point if we had them why can't we use them." Joe Scarborough, Morning Joe Trump reportedly asks why US can't use nukes: MSNBC
    John Bolton (now Trump's National Security Advisor, once paid Cambridge Analytical 1.2 million to make the U.S. more warlike. He's a Republican.John Bolton Paid Cambridge Analytica $1.2M To Make U.S. More Warlike - The Intellectualist
    So what again is the basis for your sweeping over-generalization? (Your prize be a discount on tuition to Trump University or some Trump real estate in the Florida Everglades.)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  12. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well, he knows more than the generals. It doesn't seem like even THIS moron would say that!

13. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Covering the story, and praising a deceased person are two different things.

The same people who loathed him 10 years ago, did a complete 180 degree turn for some reason.

My guess it has everything to do with the “enemy of thy enemy is thy friend” philosophy

Piney likes this.
  14. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

No, it has to do with the ability to distinguish positions on issues from personal integrity. I doubt that many people "loathed" McCain--the Prez and his fans being notable exceptions.

Lynnbrown and scratcho like this.
  15. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Well we know one thing; President Trump will not be attending the funeral or memorial services in Washington for Sen. John McCain

Rick Davis, McCain’s campaign manager and longtime adviser, said at a news conference in Phoenix that the President's [Lackey] Vice President Mike Pence will attend the ceremony
    honoring McCain on Friday at the U.S. Capitol Rotunda

16. Existensile

Existensile Member

Just after McCain died, I had occasion to chat w/ an Air Force vet who was about McCain's age. I said, "By the way, if he finished fifth from the bottom of his Academy graduating class, how did he become a pilot?"

The guy knew exactly what I talking about. Up until a few years ago, all the service academies, officer candidate schools, & reserve officer programs had something for graduates called service selection night. In order of academic first-to-last standing, graduates chose where they wanted to go after graduating; top students at the Academy usually chose Marines, pilot, or nuke power submariner: the elite in the Navy. The old joke was that if you were an Academy grad on a surface ship (cruiser, destroyer et al.), your academic standing was probably in the bottom half of the class.

The Air Force vet stated the obvious: McCain had some influence (his old man, etc.). & In the late 1950s, the Navy was desperate for pilots. Guy also said the armed forces were already then planning to enter Vietnam: it was only a matter of time; Dien Bien Phu had fallen only a few years before McCain graduated.

There's lots in the news these days now about McCain's hero status, Trump's denigration of that hero status (Trump just absolutely never knows what he's talking about: & he knew nothing about business either, before he ran for Pres.); in general, lots of pop press hagiography, which the press always does well.

I recall reading in some armed forces pub years back that those bomber pilots over N. Vietnam that got shot down & were taken prisoner had most often strayed from the flight plan. The press enjoys labeling McCain a maverick, which I suspect means "strayed from the flight plan." I think there are better examples of "mensch" than John McCain.

17. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

What difference does it make that he graduated at the bottom of the class, who cares. The man served and loved this country and continued to serve his entire life, and he deserves to be honored for it, not minimized.

18. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

My disgust in McCain has remained pretty consistant since the Dubya years. And I don't feel any different even after his death.

19. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

He had enormous integrity, courage and devotion to his country. A true man of honor, although I disagreed with most of his policies, especially the militarism. I think his record will be more appreciated after we feel the void left behind and the moral decay brought on by craven politicians and AltRight/Alt Light creeps.

scratcho likes this.
  20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie