Quote from the book you're reading

Discussion in 'Books' started by Driftrue, May 31, 2019.

1. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

What's that from, Mally?

2. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

3. Rots in hell

From that Amazing Book

“When you get back Kenneth, I’ll walk naked wearing a green bowler to greet you at the boat. With a donkey cart flying green streamers and green shamrocks imported from Czechoslovakia and a band of girl pipers blowing like mad. Did you know that they imported the English sparrow into America to eat horseshit off the streets?”

4. Rots in hell

"Ginny Cupper took me in her car out to the spread fields of Indiana. Parking near the edge of woods and walking out into the sunny rows of corn, waving seeds to a yellow horizon. She wore a white blouse and a gray patch of sweat under her arms and the shadow of her nipples was gray. We were rich. So rich we could never die. Ginny laughed and laughed, white saliva on her teeth lighting up the deep red of her mouth, fed the finest food in the world. Ginny was afraid of nothing. She was young and old. Her brown arms and legs swinging in wild optimism, beautiful in all their parts. She danced on the long hood of her crimson Cadillac, and watching her, I thought that God must be female. She leaped into my arms and knocked me to the ground and screamed into my mouth."

EloiseAtThePlaza and Driftrue like this.
  5. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Will read that.

Mallyboppa likes this.
  6. Rots in hell

Then read "the onion eaters" that's where I found " Nails Mcfugger "
    Amazing books

7. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Driftrue and parua like this.
  8. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

MeAgain likes this.
  9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

"It was an All-in-One and One-in-All of limitless being and self — not merely a thing of one Space-Time continuum, but allied to the ultimate animating essence of existence's whole unbounded sweep — the last, utter sweep which has no confines and which outreaches fancy and mathematics alike. It was perhaps that which certain secret cults of earth have whispered of as Yog-Sothoth, and which has been a deity under other names; that which the crustaceans of Yuggoth worship as the Beyond-One, and which the vaporous brains of the spiral nebulae know by an untranslatable Sign..."

Driftrue likes this.
  10. deleted

deleted Visitor

The morning of November 23, Liberace felt that he needed to have a few of his trademark stage costumes dry cleaned. When the outfits couldn’t be sent out due to time constrains and the fact that Pittsburgh was experiencing a snow storm, Liberace decided to take matters into his own hands and asked for a bottle of dry cleaning solution to be delivered to his room.

After spending the day using the cleaning solution, which contained carbon tetrachloride, Liberace began feeling dizzy and wasn’t able to complete his show. He was rushed to St. Francis Hospital in Lawrenceville where he started experiencing renal failure.

He was given a 20 percent chance of survival.
    After Liberace began to recover, he started asking around for the nun in white who had visited his hospital room. The problem was, no one could be found who matched the description of that nun and none of the Sisters of St. Francis who worked at the hospital wore all white. Liberace thought maybe he was heavily sedated or maybe he was hallucinating from fever, but whatever (or whoever) visited his room remains a mystery to this day.

A book on haunted Pittsburgh. Friend gave it to me. My conclusion was the Liberace was inhaling the chemical intentionally to get high. Its a common homosexual inhalant .. Machinists get gallons of this chemical on their hands and inhale much the vapors. But only when super huffing it would a person get some side effects. Id equate the news was made up to cover his ass. Most likely not close to death but to gain sympathy.. Shit will make you dizzy as fuck and drunk will need to wear off in hours, usually person passes out wakes up fine. Chemical used for childbirth labor pains at one time.. So I call bullshit..

IMG_20190626_093256883.jpg

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

"To most people today this bit of information will come as a horrific shock: how is it possible that slavery was only officially prohibited in 1956 by the so-called free world? Let me remind you of an earlier sentiment that suggests if "we don't know where we come from, how can we possibly know where we are going?" For as long as people keep their eyes closed to new evidence and their minds poisoned against new possibilities, we will continue to propagate the slave species characteristics that our maker so successfully implanted in us. We were created as a slave species and to this day we remain a slave species, held captive by our ignorance, lack of clarity about our human origins and our stunted genome with which our maker has endowed us."

12. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

"Nick stared through the grimy plastic window of the phone booth.
    'What you just said about my hanging up on you,' Nick said. 'I was thinking that you were going to hang up on me. When I talk to people, they hang up on me. The conversation just ends that way.'
    'Why haven't you figured out that you don't know the right kind of people?'
    'They're the only people I know.'
    'Does that seem like any reason for tolerating that sort of rudeness?'
    'I guess not.'
    'Another thing,' Sammy went on. 'Have you figured out that I'm saying these things to you because when you called I was already drunk? I'm telling you all this because I think you're so numbed out by your lousy life that you probably even don't know I'm not in my right mind.' "

13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."

Driftrue likes this.
  14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

"for us humans on planet earth, there are many seemingly Insurmountable obstacles in our path to evolution and peace. As we evolve, more people embrace the possibility of newfound truths about our past. The most important questions we need to answer are who are we? And where did we come from. Fortunately we have now started to uncover some very uncomfortable evidence, which does not seem to tell the same story that we have been told about our history. The biggest obstacles to our growth as a species, to find peace and harmony, are the many man-made religions. It will not be easy to convince devout Christians and Muslims to start considering new possibilities. It instantly turns the messenger into a false prophet who has been sent by the devil. The creators of humanity we the finest strategists ever. They managed to create the perfect environment for continued doubt and conflict. They created the most perfect propaganda tools ever; fear, punishment and reward. It is all so simple isn't it? Hopefully this will not be the message that we teach the citizens of new planets we are soon to start populating but since we ourselves have no clear answers for our origins, what will we teach the newly cloned colonies of humans on other planets in the near future?"

15. "Surely it isn't beginning already! Surely it isn't my punishment coming upon me? It is!"

16. "Do you like street music?" said Raskolnikov, addressing a middle-aged man standing idly by him. The man looked at him, startled and wondering.

"I love to hear singing to a street organ," said Raskolnikov, and his manner seemed strangely out of keeping with the subject--"I like it on cold, dark, damp autumn evenings--they must be damp--when all the passers-by have pale green, sickly faces, or better still when wet snow is falling straight down, when there's no wind--you know what I mean?--and the street lamps shine through it . . ."

Driftrue likes this.
  17. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

"About an hour later he fell down and skinned his hands. He looked at the tiny beads of blood on his flaked skin with disbelief. The blood looked no thinner; it looked like any blood, now dying in the air. It seemed almost as smug as the desert. He dashed the drops away, hating them blindly. Smug? Why not? The blood was not thirsty. The blood was being served. The blood was being made into a sacrifice unto. Blood sacrifice. All the blood needed to do was run... and run... and run.
    He looked at the splotches that had landed on the hardpan and watched as they were sucked up with uncanny suddenness. How do you like that, blood? How does that suit you?
    O Jesus, I'm far gone. "

The Gunslinger

Meliai likes this.
  18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. You could see them standing in the amber current where the white edges of their fins wimpled softly in the flow. They smelled of moss in your hand. Polished and muscular and torsional. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery.

Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Driftrue likes this.
  19. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

At last it was finished. They covered him with a sheet and left him lying, with his face bound. And she fastened the door of the little parlour, lest the children should see what was lying there. Then, with peace sunk heavy on her heart, she went about making tidy the kitchen. She knew she submitted to life, which was her immediate master. But from death, her ultimate master, she winced with fear and shame

Driftrue likes this.
  20. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

"The greatest mystery the universe offers is not life, but size. Size encompasses life and the Tower encompasses size. The child, who is most at home with wonder, says: Daddy, what is above the sky? And the father says: The darkness of space. The child: What is beyond space? The father: The galaxy. The child: Beyond the galaxy? The father: Another galaxy. The child: Beyond other galaxies? The father: No one knows.
    You see? Size defeats us. For the fish, the lake in which he lives is the universe. What does the fish think when he is jerked up by the mouth through the silver limits of existence and into a new universe where the air drowns him and the light is blue madness? Where huge bipeds with no gills stuff it into a suffocating box and cover it with wet weeds to die?
    Or one might take the tip of a pencil and magnify it. One reaches the point where a stunning realization strikes home: The pencil-tip is not solid; it is composed of atoms which whirl and revolve like a trillion demon planets. What seems solid to us is actually only a loose net held together by gravity. Viewed at their actual size, the distances between these atoms might become leagues, gulfs, aeons. The atoms themselves are composed of nuclei and revolving protons and electrons. One may step down further to subatomic particles. And then to what? Tachyons? Nothing? Of course not. Everything in the universe denies nothing; to suggest an ending is the one absurdity."

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019