quitting smoking...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by mynameiskc, May 23, 2004.

1. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. angelgodiva

angelgodiva Senior Member

Good for you, KC! I quit back in 2001 when George Harrison died as a sort of rememberance for him, and I felt sort of off the first few days, but I don't think I would describe the feeling as "high", exactly, but I was lightheaded and a bit confused. Anyhow, I'm proud of you, you're a good mom.

3. olhippie54

Angel, how's the knee?

4. angelgodiva

It hurts like a son of a gun, but at least it can't kill me. I'm going to see the doctor tomorrow. I have a brace on it to keep it from bending. I got stuck in my cellar today! I went down to wash some skirts and could not get up the stairs (no handrail). I finally scooted up on my butt and dragged my laundry bag behind me.

5. olhippie54

Stay out of the cellar.

6. angelgodiva

I would love to, but that's where my washing machine lives. I might get Bob to bring it up and put it in the back yard.It's a wringer and can live outside if need be.

7. olhippie54

Good idea. At least until your knee mends.

8. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

hey, KC, eat sunflower seeds, there's something in them that helps your body go thru the physical withdrawl easier. and drink lots of water

maybe your body feels high cause it misses all the carbon monoxide you've been sucking back... maybe it's like an oxygen rush? dunno, but good luck to you. my hubby just quit a couple of weeks ago and he's like a whole new person already.

9. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Good for you KC! My retarded father started back up after 20 years of not smoking!!!! I would like to wring his neck!

10. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

It's been my observation that the best stop-smoking tool is guilt. Think about the harm that you could be doing Kai in terms of neurological and lung development. Think of how sad she will be when she's 12 and she watches her mom battle lung cancer. Think of the outrage she will feel when she finds out that mommy didn't have to die that long slow death.

11. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

lol, booshnoogs, you're absolutely right on with my brain once again!

this morning i'm disgustingly chipper, and my daughter doesn't know what to make of it. yesterday i participated in some female argument logic with dave that left him thoroughly confused with his jaw gaping and somehow to blame for the whole thing. sometimes he forgets that i'm still a woman, with a woman's mind, i just aggressively repress it most of the time, so he's extremely grateful he's working out of town.

the V8, which i now consider to be a miracle drink, is doing amazing things for my withdrawals, as well as helping me continue losing weight. it really takes the edge off, and marcie's bringing me cinnamon sticks to chew on.

12. olhippie54

I love the spicey V-8.

13. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

Give Kai a new fork, and instruct her to jam it into your thigh everytime you light up.

14. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

well, you know, spicy foods give you a bit of a high, which will help with the cravings for nicotine.