questions concerning life (merged with) dazed and confused

Discussion in 'Transexual and Transgender' started by sickcharlie, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Adamness

Adamness Member

Yes and no. Physically, it's much easier to do the male-to-female surgery. Socially, it's much easier for a biological woman to pass as a man [with or without surgeries] than it is for abiological man to pass as a woman, in most cases.

2. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes I couldn't agree more
    S

3. Samhain

4. As the notable surgeon Dai Davies once said: "It's easier to poke a hole than to make a pole". :eek:

Crude, yes, but also true. :p FtoM surgery is more complicated and more expensive than its MtoF equivalents. Also, because the techniques haven't been around for as long, it tends to be a bit unreliable. That's why so many guys don't go for it. A lot of us would rather have the chest surgery and wait for the science and the surgical techniques to catch up before going for the rest. That's not to say that it never works, just that it doesn't always.

Look at the links from the Mermaids website that I posted in your other thread. You'll find useful things in some of those - I did.

A quick trawl just now has turned up this: http://www.ftmphallo.com/Home/ftmhome1.htm, which might be useful for you. Also, get yourself a Yahoo! ID and join the 'FTM Surgery Info' group - that's full of people who either have gone through or are going through one of the processes. It covers chest surgery and lower surgery.

5. Samhain