Questions about Toronto

Discussion in 'Canada' started by AncientHippie, Jun 4, 2007.

1. AncientHippie

AncientHippie Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

My wife and I are thinking about visiting Toronto.
    I voted for Vancouver but Toronto is much closer.
    Can you get weed in Toronto anywhere near as easily?
    Is it a nice city to visit? And please name one thing I MUST do when there.

2. RyJa

RyJa Member

If you've never been to toronto, I suppose it's a nice city, but I personally don't care for it. Been there enough times that I really have no desire to return.

As for somethings you must do. CN Tower is always fun.
    There's also the "ROM" (Royal Ontario Museum) if your into museums. Toronto Zoo is pretty cool. If you want to take your time going through it, it could take you two days just to see everything.
    If your into sports and plan on coming up in the summer, there's some fun sports to watch. Toronto FC (MLS club if you like 'Soccer'). Fans are like European "Futball" fans.
    Toronto Argonauts if you want to check out 3-down football. Or the Blue Jays if you just want to kick back and enjoy a day out at the skydome.

As for weed? Couldn't tell ya. Don't smoke. However to live there I've always believed you need to be high on something.

3. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

Good summary of things to do also if you're looking to shop, young street has lots of cool stores you can check out.
    The lakes nice to walk along too, but don't go swimming!
    Also if you're into art/history, the Distillery District is a pretty cool place to check out, it's an old section of town, with many very cool galleries.
    Toronto is one of those cities that I think is nice to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

4. Daisie

Daisie Member

My feelings exactly.

I liked to visit Kensington Market when I was in town.
    It's a very interesting market, although I'd often get confused.

5. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

And Queen Street. Walk from Queen, to Kensington, theyre pretty darn close. I need to move....poop

6. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

Pot....check out the Friendly Stranger on Queen st, lots o flovely paraphernalia

7. spooner

spooner is done.

I personally can't stand the city.

8. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

yeah kensington market ther used to be a pot cafe there about a year ago, could still be there, Im not sure....but erb is not hard to come by in the city.

9. hadeswantsyou

hadeswantsyou Member

10. hollowayjay

hollowayjay Member

isn't it every other tuesday? I'm going to the one after next, see you there, I'll be the English one.

11. sphere

sphere Member

Go in Aug. ( Aug. 17 - Set. 3 ) They have the CNE. The Canadian National Exibition. Which we use to call, " The Ex." All kinds of exhibitions ( Food, Art, Cultural, etc. ) rides, mini concerts, and all kinds of things. An all day event for sure. And it's connected to Ontario Place ( Across the highway ). Very kewl things to do there. And about the weed question, well, Yonge St. would be your best bet. If you can find a kewl person to share his stash. Torontonians are kinda paranoid......as any person would be I guess.

Peace.

12. Gen. Disarray

Gen. Disarray Banned

toronto sucks. it's boring as shit unless u enjoy sitting outside smokin weed and reading (the only thing left that's free of cost). that's all i do. if u want some, i'm not paranoid. just pm me. weed should be legal anyhow. i could care less what they say. i smoke it wherever i damn well please.

13. TomDijon

TomDijon Member

i say check out the breweries, steam whistle has a great tour/beer combo, urban exploration is great down here, weed's all over, there are a couple of cafes you can smoke weed in the patio's of, some have vaporisers. kindred cafe has a great rooftop patio and rentable rooms with volcanos and multimedia devices, hot box has a pretty big back patio, and nice booths in the store with air vaporisors on each one (hot box is in kensington, or at dundas and spadina, kindred is at yonge and college i think? check out thc just south of bloor on yonge, north of wellesley, they'll tell you, not to mention that it's a great headshop.) distillery district is very nice. and every sunday afternoon/evening/night is a great gathering of people at cherry beach. mostly bohemian types, just general chilling, and then electronic music till around midnight. weed isn't that hard to get, but you need to know the right people. you could find at drum circle or promise sundays (cherry beach gatherings) or even check out grange during the day. toronto is great when there's festivals going on, like film fests, doc fests, theatre fests etc. i dunno if i'd rather go here then vancouver though. but i've never been to vancouver, so i can't really say. if you want to know more about what's going on, you can check www.nowtoronto.com and get some info on the latest happenings. now is a great local alternative free press. and it's also free monitarily. hope that helps! peace!

14. jaycola

jaycola Member

Here is a link from another Forum that is loaded with some great pictures of Toronto, its sites, festivals and neighbourhoods. Foe those who say they hate the city, they must be visiting the aunt that they hate or something.

If you look through these pictures and can't find a reason you'd want to visit, we wouldn't want you here.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=794468

15. klondike_bar

klondike_bar Senior Member

toronto has a lot of everything, and cops that are typically lenient in certain zones.

check out "youngesterdamn" and the kensington market. dont expect it to be super-obvious though, you gotta have the nerve to talk to people and be ready to get shot-down multiple times.

16. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

hard rock at the dome...hardrock on yonge streeet..hockey hall of fame ...club district...st lawrence market....kensington market...eaton centre...mcmichael art gallery[group of seven]..AGO...ROM...concerts at massey hall,air canada centre,MTV.much music...queen street....bloor st.between jane and high park///high park....the walkway from union station to the dome...the underground tunnels under downtown core....the distillery district......PM me for more or any questions..i grew up in T'O. i love TO very few people here know more about toronto....great city

17. Traceroni.

Traceroni. Senior Member

It'll probably be cool if you haven't been there much. It's not the most exciting city though. Lots of touristy stuff, however.

They have some good venues...or at least good bands tend to show up once in a while, some good bars as well though.

The only reason I go to T. is for shows or to visit some people, it's less boring if you know people there, but that has little to do with the city.

As for the weed, it's not too hard to find. Just roam the streets looking like someone up to no good and someone will probably try to sell you weed.

18. addictedt0chaos

addictedt0chaos Lunar Dreadlocks

You should go to Kensington market for sure!! It's an awesome place to shop. I was just there last weekend again and got some amazing stuff. As for weed there is the hot box cafe. Not sure if they sell but it's a head shop/ smoke/ munchie bar. Seems pretty chill in there.

19. Pat__

Pat__ Banned

It's fun to visit. I wouldn't want to live there though

20. TomDijon

TomDijon Member

so what about london?