Questions about dxm

Discussion in 'Synthetic Drugs' started by SwiRly, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Geneity

Geneity self-proclaimed advocate

CPM also builds up over days off CCC use, which means if you didn't overdose on it the first time, the second time you'll have nearly twice as much in your system. Some from what you just took, and some from last time. CCC's shouldn't be used often. I've been very careful about this. But you are right. Using CCC's is always giving you a higher chance for problems then pure DXM. I'd love to be able to get it from a chemical supplier. And put it in gelcaps, that'd be absolutely perfect.

2. Cerunnos

Cerunnos Member

I sit here, coming down from my first DXM "plateau." It wasn't like anything described. I used the plain dex caps generics of robitussin. Don't do the cough syrup. It's nasty, and if it has guairfasein (sp?), you will puke, since it is an emetic (a puke-initiator). Most everything else in cough syrup is harmful in large does. Why take the chance.

I weigh 68kg and took 600mg (approximating the dosing on Erowid for lower third plateau). I should also note here that I take 300mg of effexor (venlafaxine HCL) and 900mg lithium carbonate.

I was bored for a long time, waiting to keel over from serotonin syndrome. Then I began to feel weird. Nothing amazing, but not unpleasant. I sat on the bed with my cat and relaxed in the dark. I also put in two green wall lights.

Then I began to feel warm. My back felt tingly, reminiscent of warming cold hands to quickly after coming inside from a New England snowstorm. It also reminded me of the time I got a bad sunburn, without the pain. So, yes, the rash is very vaild. However, I didn't find it altogether unpleasant. I recommend clipping fingernails.

After about 1.5 hours (way longer than noted in most FAQs) I began to feel pleasantly warm and trippy. Some perceptual changes, mostly depth that were sporadic. I listened to Muse and lay in the dark. I found myself smiling a lot and thinking, "now THAT's why people like Muse so much!" I got up once to take the dogs outside and my motor coordination was a bit jerky and walking was comparable to stepping in mud. I experienced mild euphoria and overall well being.

I'm currently still a bit "glowy" and relaxed. I appreciate the intent of the "shock value" of the Erowid site, but it didn't come close to describing the experience, from my perspective. A lot of the experiences I've read seem to parrot that experience. I'm not saying it wasn't their own, but it simply sounds a lot like that.

I honestly don't know enough about this to know how different people's experiences are. I just read about it yesterday and went shopping to research options.

I did notice a product called DexAlone that has 30 30mg gelcaps, it seems to be available from a supplier online, but I can't verify its legitimacy. So, I don't trust it. However, if anyone else has a different experience, let me know.

3. Cerunnos

Cerunnos Member

retarted, hmm? :).

Anyway, If you can get gelcaps without other active ingredients, I wouldn't bother with this, from a cost benefit analysis perspective, it's not worth it, and has the potential to be even more lethal.

I'm not sure any trip is worth consuing lighter fluid...(yes, I know what kind :)

4. Cerunnos

Cerunnos Member

This is BAD advice. Doses are dependent on many things, including weight. Because I don't advocate minors blowing their brain cells before they've matured enough to decide if they can live with the effects of blowing their brain cells, all I'll say is I would recommend talking with an adult you can trust before doing something like this. If she is willing to help you minimize the risks (harm reduction) and educate you on the facts, and you still want to do this, that is the choice you have to make. Trust me, though, the internet and your friends are NOT a reliable source of information. It's not that their bad people, it is because pharachology is complicated, and even people who study for years aren't always sure about how things will work out, or why things work...

5. Geneity

Geneity self-proclaimed advocate

DXM is different for everyone. There are a few effects many will share, but by no means should it be expected that you'll get everything from a certain list you read about.

6. IcarusRisen

IcarusRisen Member

I remember I hit the fourth plateau once on accident. Lots of fun, but it could have easily been a REALLY bad trip. Thank goodness I had friends around.