Question... <-Unacceptable title!

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by dprbusm, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

i know many people all kinds of people who are neither wicked, nor wretched beings, as you would put it.

jesus' own words, in regards to those questioning his goodness.
    matthew 12:33 "Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. 34You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. 35The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him.

why not recognize a tree by its fruit then, and not by which god he prays to?

there is no difference between a good christian and a good atheist in regards to their fruit. so why would any true and just god favor one over the other? it dosent seem nessesary to do so.

2. brainstew

brainstew Member

Exuse ,me? Because you are not Christian doesn't mean that you are wicked or wretched and going to Hell. I know plenty or Atheist, Agnostics, Catholics, and Christians who are angels and so kind to everyone! I know plenty of Christiasns who are evil, mean, backstabbers. Religion is just a separation of people who in reality are the same and beating your self up over being human.

3. JesusDiedForU

JesusDiedForU Banned

According to the Bible, EVERYONE falls short of perfection. Yet, we all have to be perfect to enter heaven. The Bible teaches there is only ONE way to be perfect in the eyes of God, and that is to embrace and accept Jesus as God. Most people choose evil and are going to hell according to Jesus.

Please do not mistake church people with TRUE Christians. There is a major difference! Also, in wordly view there may be "nice people" but in a Christian reality again everyone is a sinner according to the Bible. Without Jesus in one's life, a person is then considered evil. Ultimately, if you are not with Christ, you are against Him.

4. Brother Joseph

Brother Joseph Member

JDFU, it's tempting to jump into the same debates with you that I used to have with your dad...you're carrying the standard very well, I can see.

But maybe not...I don't go for trying to change or influence a person's beliefs and if I'm honest with myself that's what I'd be doing by challenging you...been there, done that with Campbell already...I'm tired.

With you, if there's a spiritual or ethical issue that I think we can share some common ground on, I'll chime in.

5. MrRee

MrRee Senior Member

Quite simple ~ The fact that a "Jesus Christ" never existed. For verification, check historical documentation of the time ~ thoroughly.

Know the Truth and the Truth will set you free.

6. brainstew

brainstew Member

I am saying that there are plenty of Christians and leaters of other religions that are raping, murdering, molesting children, and doing everything a :"worldly" person would do. You have no right to say that just because you are Christian you are a terrible whretched person. God loves all of his or her children so why would he or she make it so rigid, that in a world of confusion and billions of religions claiming to be right if you don't somehow, IMPOSSIBLY find the right religion you go to Hell. I'm done with fairytales, you live your lie, I'll live the truth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.