Question... <-Unacceptable title!

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by dprbusm, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dprbusm

dprbusm Member

What keeps you from having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ?

2. Maryslittlebrat

Maryslittlebrat Member

who? :)

God bless, peace!!!!!!!!

3. JesusDiedForU

JesusDiedForU Banned

I believe most people do not have a personal relationship with Jesus because primarily they do not believe the Bible is the valid word's of God. Thus, they go with the popular delusion that the Bible is flawed and no longer relevant for the modern day.

4. 3DJay

3DJay Member

Jeremiah 8:8

8 " 'How can you say, "We are wise,
    for we have the law of the LORD,"
    when actually the lying pen of the scribes
    has handled it falsely?

Either A. the above passage is false, meaning the bible is flawed, or B. the above passage is true, meaning the bible is flawed.

One of the Bible's paradoxes.

Peace

5. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

im suprised that verse hasnt been eliminated by now. lol

6. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

With all due respect ,what does a "personal relationship" with one who has passed on,possibly mean?

7. JesusDiedForU

JesusDiedForU Banned

C. You are reading the passage out of context.

8. 3DJay

3DJay Member

7 Even the stork in the sky
    knows her appointed seasons,
    and the dove, the swift and the thrush
    observe the time of their migration.
    But my people do not know
    the requirements of the LORD.

8 " 'How can you say, "We are wise,
    for we have the law of the LORD,"
    when actually the lying pen of the scribes
    has handled it falsely?

9 The wise will be put to shame;
    they will be dismayed and trapped.
    Since they have rejected the word of the LORD,
    what kind of wisdom do they have?

Which people do not know? Right, his people...the ones following the laws.

Now, who are those saying we are wise, for we have the law of the LORD? Believers, or non-believers? Right, believers, of course...the ones writing the laws.

Who are the wise that will be put to shame? Right, the same that call themselves wise, the believers...the ones writing, and apparently corrupting, the laws.

How did I take it out of context?

Peace

9. dprbusm

dprbusm Member

Well, for one thing, Jesus Christ IS God. They are the same. There are three parts of one entity called the Trinity. They are: God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ), and God the Holy spirit. Now, God sent Jesus Christ to come to earth to die for the sins/wrongdoings of humans so they can go to Heaven when they die (Bible - John 3:16). The story doesn't end there though. Jesus rose from the dead and came back to life because He has the power to do that being God. He then, went to heaven from earth to be with God (as they are one entity). Now, you can have a personal relationship with Him because He has promises with us and we can talk to Him, and this is called prayer. He doesn't respond back physically, but more spiritually. By this I mean that He responds by making us realize things, or answering our prayers in physical ways such as acts we can see through other things or other humans. By having a personal relationship with Him, you have realized you are a sinner, and have asked God to forgive you for the sins you have commited in life and ask Him to be the leader in your life. If you accept His invitation to enter into Heaven, you are following Him and agreeing to try to live a life that is pleasing to Him.

10. SILVERWOLF_87

SILVERWOLF_87 Member

I cannot believe anything that is inherently faith-based. It is essentially saying, "Believe this without any evidence to support it".

That is faith. And that is why I cannot trust it.

11. dprbusm

dprbusm Member

well silverwolf...it isn't only faith-based though. The Bible IS the evidence, not to mention the works of God (even the rising of the sun). The Bible is true and includes everything you need to know about God. This is a resource that is very good because it is true.

12. FreakerSoup

FreakerSoup Stranger

I do not believe such a thing as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ exists. I think that people claiming such are deluding themselves by giving a miraculous explanation for things that neither require nor lend themselves to one.

13. darrellkitchen

darrellkitchen Lifetime Supporter

JD4U and dprbusm ???

Forum Guidelines ... Item #3. Read it. Then the ban will be lifted ... but only on one of your pseudonyms ... maybe!

Why would you want to resort to multiple personality posts in the same thread?

14. brainstew

brainstew Member

I dont trust the bible. I say that because when people are in a religion, they're not reading the exact bible, just humans interpetations of it (I think I spelled that wrong). I'm going to just be a good person and accept karma. I dont think there is such a thing as a personal relationship with jesus.

15. JesusDiedForU

JesusDiedForU Banned

A personal relationship with Jesus exist wether you believe or not. I understand how you might think that "being good" is good enough. However, according to the Bible, a person must be perfect in order to go to heaven (Big Question: How does one achieve perfection? Is it possible?)

The Bible was inspired by God. In other words, God guided the men that wrote the Bible to create a perfect book that is without error. The evidence of this inspiration can be primarily found in the Bible's prophecies. Most of the world thinks differently, but according to Jesus most of the world will not go heaven.

16. darrellkitchen

Only for the person, or persons who believe such things exist. For those who do not believe such things exist, for them it does not. Doesn't matter how much you, or anyone says it does. It only exists for the one who believes it does.

Outside of that, it's just your own perspective of a thing and to try to persuade others to believe what you believe or to see things the way you do is to deny them their views and perspectivs as if your are right and true, and theirs are wrong and false.

HTML:

17. JesusDiedForU

JesusDiedForU Banned

Darrell,

Views do not stop changing. There have been atheists that have changed Christians and vice versa. I know I am constantly learning, and it is not because I just accepted what I was taught as a child... I am constantly learning form others. Therefore, I will state my view and it will be up to him to believe it or not.

18. darrellkitchen

Good idea and good advice. However, most people don't usually ... and I stress "usually" ... stop at "stating" one's views. Most people will push vehemently, and on an occasion violently, in an attempt to proselytize others to their mindset and view of things. Campbell34 being one of them and a classic example.

So what will you do, JD4U? Share and move on? Or push till people get tired of it and complain to the moderators? Receiving complaints via my e-mail is usually how my attention is brought into the various forums that I don't frequent with regularity. Christianity forum being one of them.

So, how about we get these posts back On-Topic?

HTML:

19. brainstew

brainstew Member

Exuse me? A relatuionship with Jesus and that possibility of having one is solely based on your religion. YOU think it does because that's what someone told you and that's what you read in an old book that has been translated a million times and has a million versions, I say it because of common sense and the fact that it is near to impossible to have a realtionship with one that expects perfection when all humans are imperfect and expects things out of me that are near than impossible.
    I can agree to an extent that God inspired the bible but it was tranlated and interperted by IMPERFECT MAN who have a billion versions of bible saying a million different things and a trillion religions & belifs.
    The bible, cannot be truthful if it demands perfectiong while aknowleging that humans are imperfect, that it senseless.

20. dprbusm

dprbusm Member

Well, that's the beauty of it. While He wants perfection, He realizes that we are imperfect beings and that we will sin. He knows that. However, that is the reason He died on the cross so that we won't have to go to hell. Since He took our place dying, then coming back to life, (if we accept Him to be our creator and savior, the one who died to take away our wickedness), we will go to Heaven when we die because we have His righteousness. Without Him, and a personal relationship with Him, we are nothing but wicked, wretched beings who would be going to hell. That is why a personal relationship with Him is so important.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.