Question on marrijuana; need some advice.

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Able, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Able

Able Member

I have never smoked pot before, but i wanted to ask a few questions just in case the opportunity rises. I have considered trying marrijuanna medicinally for my bad discs and sciatica i chronically have. At the moment i take 4x 7.5's percs a day along with four 50mg tramadol, but i would like to go with something more natural. Perhaps a less addictive potential.

my questions:

1. At this moment, what are the best strands for a mental high, physical high, or both?
    2. If i were to smoke two different strains (one with mental, other physical high) could i achieve both highs, or would one cancel out the other?
    3. How effect are pot brownies? (bio availability, if that's the correct term.

If anyone is to answer this, i would greatly appreciate this.

2. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

you'll be smoking crack in 2 weeks.. that's all i got to say about the subject

3. Able

Able Member

ive been on oxycodone for 3 years and that statement could more effective in the opiate perspective.

4. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I think it's something best self-discovered. What works for you is what works for you. Overanalyzing takes the magic out of Mary. :(

5. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

OP isn't looking for 'magic' op is looking primarily for pain relief.

1: there are a TON of strains, so you will have to find one that balances the pain relief against the high in the right way for you. i cant function if im too high, and frankly, ive got too much crap to do to be baked off my ass all the time. however, i do smoke throughout the day, i like to maintain a level of pain relief while still being able to function.

2:i suppose it would depend on the strength of each strain. basically you have a heavy body high (melt into the couch) or a cerebral high (lets do stuff!) a strain that gives a more cerebral high is better if you have to go to work. both general types do relieve pain, so here it is a matter of personal ability to function. if you use both in a sitting you might want to do something, but not have the oomph to get off the couch. not a good balance IMO, but whatever floats your boat.

3:im not really sure what you are asking. how effective? very. especially for going to sleep. dosages vary, because of strain potency, and amount, and the methods used. it takes a bit longer to get into your system, but the effects are longer as well. i find baked goods to be a deeper relief, but i live in an apartment and dont like to stink up the place. i get cannabutter from my grower. colorado is great, you can go to the store to buy your medicine, and help the economy. i think dispensaries outnumber starbucks here now. and theres signs that say "FREE GRAM" and "$30 1/8ths" its like a magical place, rocky mountain high.
    anyway, dont limit yourself to brownies. anything with fat can be made marijuanafied. cannabutter is IMO the most versatile way to go. make up a batch, freeze most, and just pull out a fresh tub-o-cannabutter to defrost when you need it.

6. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I was fairly aware he wasn't looking for magic, I just think maybe the stoner's lounge isn't the best place to look for educated replies. ;) While some may be medical patients, I doubt a lot are. I may be wrong, though.

7. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

i was just pointing it out. someone has to be the voice of reason around here :) it just bugs me when people dont try to be helpful, we need to help each other where we can (IMO)
    i started smoking when i was 15. when i was 16 i fell at work, and fucked up my back. since then i occasionally get really high, but the reason i smoke is medical. most people have pain, and therefore, most people who smoke can be using it medicinally, even if thats not their primary objective. its a matter of perspective.

8. boguskyle

boguskyle kyleboguesque

it doesnt matter the strain. there aren't available strains yet that are specifically made for medicinal purposes yet, but its on it's way.

sativa breeds are more light, and indica breeds are heavier stoned feelings. if you have a license, just ask your clinician. if you have a dealer, he most likely wont know if its indica or sativa (but the strain being dealt is probably a hybrid). you wont need to smoke a mental high and physical body strain anyways. the differences aren't as big as you probably think. specially cuz u havent even tried it yet. just try it a few times mate, and then come post again.

and pot brownies are wonderful. if you get it from a clinic, dont eat the whole brownie!! i ate one third of one myself and got really really baked. (may have been from some lollipop licks too but w/e)

just try it man

9. euphoriaforall

euphoriaforall Member

if you never smoked, ANY strain is gonna knock you off your ass

10. Nyxx

Nyxx HELLO STALKER

Pain issues? Then try:

Headband

No pain and it will have you on cloud 9 :D

11. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

It really feels like you have a headband on too!!

but yeah, I don't like brownies.

I recommend smoking it in a bong personally. Vapes I've tried don't give full effect, plus they are expensive. But bong's filter out the harshness, keep the strength and good taste.