Question for Non Believers.

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by huh?, Sep 6, 2005.

1. huh?

huh? Member

I've been reading for quite a while and I have a question.

How were humans created? I'd like to know your opinions.

2. MrRee

MrRee Senior Member

What have you been reading? The bible is certainly of little to no help in such a search.
    The extensively researched works of Zecharia Sitchin make a lot of sense and are historically grounded. Combined with the likes of Robert Temple's Sirius Mystery and Von Daniken's works, there is compellingly solid evidence that humankind on earth was gene-spliced by an advanced life-form using theirs and homo erectus genes, leaving "us" made in their likeness (image).
    But the question will always remain ~ who or what created life? And that is an unanswerable question at this level of development, despite claims to the contrary by religions.

3. Colours

Colours Senior Member

non believers would not say humans were "created". evolution?

4. seahorse

seahorse Senior Member

that's what i was going to say.

5. ryupower

ryupower NO capcom included

yeah, I pretty much agree...

6. Jorma's Branches

Jorma's Branches Member

Why does it matter how we got here? That's one thing I find very annoying with most religions. People go on and preach about beginnings and ends. No one seems to care about living in the day. What are you going to do today? What does your religion have to do with today? If the answer pertains to creation or eternity, I don't want to hear it. There is no proof of any form of how we got here, or where we'll be when we die. There is proof in your daily actions. But if your daily actions have no meaning besides the unprovable, what good are they?

7. seahorse

seahorse Senior Member

you have alot of wisdom here!

God does not want us to be preoccupied with things that dont matter at the moment. He only wants us to truly love eachother, the rest starts arguements and debates that waste precious time that can be used more wisely.:) So let's talk about....SUNSHINE, BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS! .....sorry that's one of the things i say quite frequently in real life...i like it!

8. seahorse

seahorse Senior Member

get back to work mr. fuzzy:rolleyes: ;)

9. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

The thing is it's not an either-or question, ie "either Christianity is right or evolution is right".

There's a million other possibilitys.

although I agree that "who cares" is probably the most pertinent answer.

10. ryupower

That sounds sorta like my brother-in-law.

My sister in Christ said to him:
    GOd created you.

He goes:

"No, I've got a mom."

" But GOd created your mom."

" No, my mom's got a mom."

" But GOD created you and your mom and grandma"

" No my grandma had a mom."

sister in Christ: Forget it...

:rolleyes:

11. ryupower

Where'd that come from?

12. ryupower

I know that. What I meant is, " how did it come up?"

13. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I've always wondered how the guy who wrote Genesis knew it happened that way......

14. ryupower

:rolleyes:

15. Jorma's Branches

Jorma's Branches Member

Actually on the topic of sunshine, butterflies, and rainbows: on my last camping trip, I woke up very early to open the flaps on the teepee since it had been raining, and there was the most beautiful double rainbow I'd ever seen in my life. Simply amazing. I have a photograph somewhere. I'll look for it later.
    And on the topic of butterflies, I was picking the last tomatoes yesterday, and as I walked past my butterfly bush, an enourmous group of butterflies just scattered in front of me. It was like bats out of a cave, or those large groupd of birds you see flying together sometimes. There were thousands of them.
    Anyway. That's all. :D

16. seahorse

seahorse Senior Member

haha that's awesome!

17. Jorma's Branches

Jorma's Branches Member

Good analogy, but I disagree. The churches I was brought up in (they were all southern baptist too) weren't like that at all. It was actually quite a relaxed family atmosphere. The god of the Bible is one that shows both love and jealousy to his creations. I only had one experience with a pastor that could be described as a "fiery pulpit preacher" but even then I never felt threatened by the biblical god.
    I'm not a Christian nowadays, but I do still hold some of the spiritual side of Christianity within me. I may not agree with all of it, but it is my heritage and it's a part of me.

18. Blind_Melon_Chitlin'

Blind_Melon_Chitlin' Member

Yeah, and I find it a little peculiar that the Earth and all its land forms and organisms were all created in a matter of seven days while with all the modern building techniques humans have developed (wait, no, the techniques the Lord has bestowed upon us) it took two years to build my highschool. Oh well, its what the Bible says and we all know that every single word in the Bible is true and if you question the word of God you burn in eternal hellfire.