Question about wraps

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by Malphas, May 22, 2007.

1. Malphas

Malphas Member

Hey all,

I went raving in norfolk the other night and some girl was putting wrapping some of my locks with wool before we went. It made me wonder though, how does the dreading process work when dreadlocks are wrapped? Does it hinder the process at all? She mainly did it on the smaller thinner ones but what happens when they start to fatten up? Just curious really..

Cheers guys
    Mal

2. gazelle

gazelle Member

well, if she wrapped them in wool, then the wool will help knot and tangle your hair a lot faster. out of curiosity, how exactly did she wrap your hair?

3. Malphas

Malphas Member

She did them in two different ways. One of them is quite literally wrapped, by tying a knot at the top really tight, then literally wrapping it round in circles around the dread then tying it really tight at the bottom. If that makes sense lol. The other one was plaited round.

4. WorldPeace

WorldPeace Senior Member

I once wrapped mine, but if they are wrapped they can't get fatter and it did hinder the locking process.