Question about new couples...

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by beautiful_night, Jan 10, 2005.

1. beautiful_night

beautiful_night Member

How long do you think a couple should wait before they have sex?

discuss...

2. novarys

novarys Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

uuum, wow, thats a good question.
    hmm...
    well i guess it depends on every couple....like for me, i'd rather wait awhile. til' i knew for sure that I was in love. I wouldnt want to start having sex right away, like they do in movies. Cuz i dunno, to me in my opinion, sex really is shared between two people that love eachother. I wouldnt want to have sex with just anybody. So, i dunno the amount of time, but I'd wait at least a month or two or three.....
    why? are you in a new relationship or something?

3. sugarmaggie

sugarmaggie ~Green Eyed Devil~

It seems lately the real question should be "how long after sex should you worry about having a relationship". I swear everyone I know are freaks..lol (And no, there's nothing wrong with that..:p )

4. prism

prism :o

more than 10 hours

5. beautiful_night

beautiful_night Member

No, I am not in a new relationship. This is just something I have been thinking about a lot since I am hoping to be in a relationship soon. Sometimes I think it would be hard to wait to have sex, especially if there is a major attraction/sexual tension thing going on, but I think it is overall for the best. I totally agree with what you said. Thanks.

6. gertie

gertie Senior Member

it depends on the individuals, but i agree within above, you should probably wait more than ten hours. :) some people are together for awhile and aren't ready yet. different people and different people as couples all require a different standard or different ways of dealing with each other.

7. prism

...just make sure you know this person inside & out.

8. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

18 years, three months...

9. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

I think it is best to wait at least three minutes, if you have sex before that you're only asking for trouble.

10. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

Like it really matters :p

It's just shagging... sure, it could mean more, but most of the time it's just for fun. So go on, have fun! :D

And use condoms :eek:

11. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

i say sex can wait, masturbate (yeah i know thats old and have been said a million times but im sayin it again :D)

12. novarys

novarys Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

teehee, i love it. and surprisingly i have NEVER heard this saying:p

13. NikkiLou6387

NikkiLou6387 ~peace~

it depends. go with the flow.

14. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

Guys use this one... "He who waits masturbates." Or at least that's what Jim Carrey says.

15. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

hahah yay, now i dont feel bad for posting it :D

16. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Senior Member

You should wait at least until it is dark. That way if things don't look as good as you had hoped, you can just turn out the lights.

17. prism

But it does. :( omg, I think I'm about to cry. :(

18. PuZuZu

PuZuZu Member

Some things fall in to place and some people are weak to hormones. I mean me and Jason are so perfect for each other I'm gawking. I love every inch of him. Its crazy. I had sex with him the first time we hung out, then a week or so later we did it again then jammed on the guitar together. Its just an activity we connect with and do together. Plus he's so caring, gentle, and laidback. Its awesome.

Whater works on your OWN comfort level, don't worry about other people's viewpoints or habits. Transform your own relationship because maybe you'll miss a perfect moment.

19. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

For me, personally, I refuse to see it as "just shagging" (there goes your chance, Chuck :rolleyes: ). It would have to mean something for the both of us. I can't put a specific time period on it, but for my first time, I couldn't see it happening before a month of knowing the guy. It would really depend on how much we talked and how much time we spent together during that period.

20. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

yeah :( seriously chuck :D :(