Question about cops

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by h0Ax, Jan 7, 2005.

1. h0Ax

h0Ax Member

A few days ago me and a few of my freinds were on a golf course sitting down on some stumps having a cigarette, then outta no where I saw a cop walk up, as soon as I saw him I took my bud outta my pocket and threw it on the ground. When he came up he said he got a report of some kids fighting here. We said we wernt and we just talked to him for a while. Then my freind keep looking on the ground where i threw my bud at. So the cop walks over, moves a few leaves around and finds it. I said it wasn't mine but then he srated saying if no one fessed up he we all would get charged for it so i admitted it. We walked back to his car and he weighed the bud out to 3 grams(it was olny a joints worth mabey a lil more but he weighed the bag too.) Earlier on today my mom was talking to a lawyer freind and he asking if he read me my rights and I said no. I heard if they dont read you your rights they cant charge you or something like that. Do yall know anything about this. I'm olny 16 and he said it is a class 1 misdemeanor, it is also my first offence.

2. VWHippieBus

VWHippieBus Member

Did the cop file a report against you? I'm almost positive you are correct, they have to read you your rights. Also they did not find it on you so you can still make the argument that it wasn't yours. The cop didn't find it on you so even though it was yours, he found it on the ground so technically it could of been anyones. Your lawyer might say something like, "because your young and scared you didn't want your friends to get in trouble so you felt like you had to take the blame for it. Chances are you will get off with a slap on the wrist. Maybe a small fine and some probation but it will be off your record when your 18. Don't worry about it too much. But obviously the cop did not read you your rights so he did not do his job correctly. Did they bring you down to the station and stuff?

3. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

I think they only have to read you your rights if they arrest you....
    But I would go for saying the cop pressured you into saying it was yours... Make a point that you were pressured into it... ;)

4. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

was there a plane crash? if there was then you might wanna change your diapers.

5. crummyrummy

They dont have to read you your rights. If they dont, anything you say cannot be used against you. You always have the right to remain silent and to council. If you cant afford council, council will always be provided. The only thing the Miranda rights afford you is knowledge that if you dont shut the fuck up , it may be used against you in court.

6. VWHippieBus

VWHippieBus Member

I stil don't think they can actually charge you with anything because they don't have proof that it was yours. Definitly say that you were pressured into saying that it was yours. The only thing is, if they don't believe you they might give you a piss test, then if you fail odds would then be against you. Did they arrest you and bring you down to the station.

7. crummyrummy

no, unless there are finger prints on the bag. People have been convicted of murder with no corpse and no murder weapon. If you get charged, demand a lengthy Jury trial.

8. h0Ax

h0Ax Member

No i didnt go down to the station, my mom came and got me. He did say i was under arrest and he did file a report. I said it was mine and i olny smoked 1 joint outta it. could i still deney it was mine?

9. crummyrummy

you could. would it be worth it? do you have a date to appear already?

10. h0Ax

h0Ax Member

Nope no date right now.

11. crummyrummy

just released to mom? what state you in? I am gonna go out on a limb and say you were let go and have nothing to worry about.

12. Electricbuddha

Electricbuddha Member

okay well i don’t know where u live,,, but i live in Canada sooo it may be different

you see he doesn’t have to read out any thing or do anything cause if he can manipulate you to saying its yours then automatically all you say is held against you..

But I know up here the police have to have a probable cause for arresting you or saying its your dope..
    but if you know you weren’t doing anything for him to have a reason to search you, you can point out and say Mr. Police man you have NO probable cause to say this is mine, or search me so no matter what he cant do anything.. but if you don’t know this… and lets say your just taking a piss on a building or something like that, and he pulls you over asks to search you and u agree.. well then you have already agreed so now your screwed..

but if u say u have no probable cause to search me… then he has lost his manipulation scam and cant do anything at all. Im not tooo sure for your situation though about reading out your rights

13. h0Ax

h0Ax Member

Nope im not let go, i live in VA. I said i got it from school this kid that goes by "K" so im getting expelled from school cause i bought on school grounds.

14. crummyrummy

well you cant help that, schools have thier own rules. I am still willing to bet you will not be charged with a crime.

15. Bassist

Bassist Gate crasher!

Very bad mistake, my friend, very bad. Never, ever say where you got it from.

16. crummyrummy

Nope. Expect to here from the man.

17. h0Ax

h0Ax Member

I know man forreal but i just thought off the top of my head.

18. crummyrummy

sokay, people panic. you are all right. hopefully moms can get you an education not public and everything will be fine. You are looking at probation at the worst, other thatn the expulsion.

19. Bassist

Bassist Gate crasher!

I know how it is. Did the cops asked you this and then call the school?

20. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

you made a bad mistake bro...believe it or not, cops lie all the time about what is or isnt legal for them to do (i know as its happened to me, you call them on their shit and they walk away) you should never have admited to it being yours...the cop lied when he said he would charge everyone if someone didnt fess up, because he cant do that.

also there is a possibility that you can get off if you play your cards right, because he didnt read you your rights. talk to an attorney, and see what he says.