Question about car insurance in NH

Discussion in 'Massachusetts' started by Georgi, May 24, 2008.

1. Georgi

Georgi Member

Being a current resident of MA, I've heard that people who live in New Hampshire do not pay a car insurace (thay can have it only if they want that). Is that thing true? I'm asking, cause I have an option to move in Nashua, so I am still hesitating what to do and if I do not have to pay for my car this will tip the balance to New Hampshire. Thanks

2. Loki6164

Loki6164 Member

You do not need to have car insurance in NH

3. pbjube3

pbjube3 Cock Blaster

yean i actualy live in nashua, we dont even have an inspection law ;)

4. fee

fee Member

wtf are you smoking I have lived here in NH my whole life and you def need car inspection
    you dont need insurance unless you leave state

5. MaryJeanne

MaryJeanne Member

right, thats what i was thinking, plus its hard to pass! maine is way more leniant about pass inspection on cars!

6. funlol

funlol Guest

According to Cheap New Hampshire Auto Insurance for 2023 | 4AutoInsuranceQuote.com

"New Hampshire is one of the few states that do not force drivers to purchase auto insurance. However, the state does require that drivers prove that they are financially responsible for their actions while driving, and most people will satisfy this requirement by purchasing auto insurance"

So basically, you just need to have proof of financial responsibility. you don't even need auto insurance

Last edited: Oct 12, 2023