Question about a drug possibly containing MAOI

Discussion in 'DMT' started by vactom, Feb 24, 2007.

1. vactom

vactom Fire on the Mountain

Hi, I am looking to brew up some DMT sometime in the near future and have been reading about the subject a lot. Now, I have read that an MAOI makes the DMT trip suspended in time and the enjoyable factor. I was wondering if 'Budeprion', an anti-depressent, contains MAOI. I have read that MAOI is usually in anti-depressents, and Budeprion is an anti-depressent, prescribed for the depression involved with the nicotine withdrawl. And I have also read that MAOI is mostly found in drugs that help you 'quit smoking' and am wondering if this drug has any in it? Thanks in advance.

2. INSANEPOOKIE

INSANEPOOKIE Prancing Dragon

Budeprion is not a MAOI which is one reason why there have been multiple reports of persons under the prescribed care of Budeprion having zero bad reactions to X, LSD, etc...

As a side note some people have noticed a slightly higher tolerance to psychedelics such as LSD/Shrooms - Which I believe simply translates into they may have to take a wee bit more; though I have no real numbers on this.

Budeprion is a DARI (Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitors) and NRI (Norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors).

Some common MAOIs are:
    Nardil
    Marplan
    Rivivol
    Manerix

I would like to add this general info as well:
    In regards to SSRIs (Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) and the safety of psychedelic usage. On a fairly consistant basis people have reported no adverse problems with the mixture of the two i.e. It's safe

Common SSRIs:
    Zoloft
    Paxil
    Prozac

My gf takes Zoloft and Wellbutrin. This lead me in the past to do a extensive search on the subject to ensure the safety of psychedelic use.

Son of a! My slow memory finally popped up with some recall of a great source of info. Erowid has two wonderful articles on the subject. I would erase everything I typed and paste these in but it took effort to remember that info above.

Anyways read these:
    http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_health3.shtml
    http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/maois/maois_info4.shtml

3. vactom

vactom Fire on the Mountain

Thanks a ton man, I did read on wikipedia that budeprion was an SSRI, but wasn't sure if it was anything else. Thanks again!