Quentin Tarantino (movies and such)

Discussion in 'TV' started by BornInTheWrongGenera, May 10, 2004.

1. BornInTheWrongGenera

BornInTheWrongGenera Member

I'm a HUGE fan of Tarantino's movies. My favorites are Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, and most recently, Kill Bill. Wonderful director and terrific writer! Plus, he's a self-proclaimed geek who loves to push the limits. Gotta admire that. <3

Am I the only QT fan around these parts? :eek:

2. Loki

Loki Member

Me and my friend can quote all of reservoir dogs...the music is the best part of all his movies, well besides the sensless blood and gore.

what pisses me off is how bad an actor he is, and he always has to throw himself in to his movies....but i guess thats great in itself.

3. BornInTheWrongGenera

YES! The music is the best part of all his movies! Instead of using whatever's "in" and popular at the moment, he actually looks for real music that fits the mood of the movie. The LOVE the Reservoir Dogs soundtrack, and the Kill Bill Vol 2 soundtrack is on of the best soundtracks I've ever heard. No lie!

And I agree that he needs to stay behind the camera. I'm so glad he didn't do the voice of Pai Mei in Kill Bill, like he orginally intended. That really would have been bad. :p

4. SharyBobbins

SharyBobbins QPR Football Fan

I love tarantino! My fave is Pulp Fiction. I loved the dance contest scene.

5. BornInTheWrongGenera

"Jack Rabbit Slims Twist Contest" Definitely! :D

6. fugedaboudit

fugedaboudit Member

well, i saw Kill Bill, & that was definitely something different compared to some of the crap the people i live with rent, i'd like to see the second volume...

7. BornInTheWrongGenera

You should definitely see Volume 2! It's a lot calmer and more emotional than Volume 1, but it's terrific! Though I must say, if you go in to Vol 2 expecting it to be like Vol 1, you'll be disappointed. :( They're like two totally different movies.

And a hug and a kiss to the person who voted this thread as "good". :D <3

8. Loki

Loki Member

Yeah thats how i went itno it and was very disappointed. I think the best was to look at it as one long movie. You can't break it up.

9. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

Aww. :( I'm sorry to hear that.

You know, I think it could have easily been released as just one movie. I think a lot of people would have enjoyed it more if it wasn't split up, me included. As much as I love QT, and as great as Kill Bill is, I don't think it had enough momentum to be split. I mean, sure, it would have been a bit long as one movie, but with the right editing I think they could have made it work. But hey! Both Volumes did well in theaters, and like I said up there, I loved them both! So what am I griping about? lol

I read that QT didn't want to split it up, but Miramax, cash cow that it is, made him do it. Miramax is also going to be releasing 6 different versions of Kill Bill on DVD within the next year and a half. Insane.

10. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I love Tarantino... he's quite the genius.

11. fugedaboudit

fugedaboudit Member

hey, by now i've actually seen volume 2, i didn't think it was bad

12. dedhead95

dedhead95 The Wizard of Rhythm

I agree that hes a bad actor, but when he played 'Jimmy' in pulp fiction, it really just made me laugh.

13. Unbreakable_T

Unbreakable_T Member

I just hated the end of the second movie, so anticlimactic
    went into it expecting there to be some sort of conflict with bill, instead lay down and die why don't you

14. apollo

apollo Member

i like QT and all... but isn't this the TV forum?