Queer as Folk

Discussion in 'TV Dramas' started by Hip-Hoplover1, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Hip-Hoplover1

Hip-Hoplover1 Member

Does anyone watch Queer as Folk(the American version)?

2. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

Well not anymore, since it's not on anymore, but I did! One of my favourite shows :) Was very sad too see it go.

3. ladyhaight

ladyhaight Member

Yeah. I was really sad to see it go too. But it lasted for 5 seasons, so I guess it's not bad becuase I can just get the DVDs and watch all of them. At least this is better than this drama clip I saw recently.

http://telenovela.heyfash.com

I mean, this is a Spanish flick, and the puppet (Fash) can't even speak or do much. Yes, there's drama in every show you see nowadays, even in QAF. But at least all the characters talked, and made things interesting. I just wonder if this is the turning point where TV shows are going to have puppets or characters that don't talk just like Fash. It'd be weird if that days comes.

4. Diabolita23

Diabolita23 Banned

That was so funny! I love it when "Fashalito" tries to caress her face. So weird.

5. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

twas a great show... a cousin of mine was actually on the show! He was one of the guys that got queer eyed! It was such a riot to see him on, it was great....

6. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Never the American version, but I liked the British one.

7. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

I saw it.. i think it had a bit more than the UK version. I liked Sharon Gless, in it. Fine actress. It still made me cringe. I'm not homophobic but.... ok that might be me making a cop out for being rude. I'm not though. I just can not bare to see 'gay sex'. Put it down to my sexual repression. :leaving:

I think it broke new ground.. but left us with Russel T davies making a mockery of TV with Torchwood and Doctor Who...

8. the_odd_one

the_odd_one Member

:agree:

frankly, i've seen both versions and liked british queers better than american faggots :bandana:

9. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

I tried watching the British version, but I could not enjoy it as much as I did the American version.

10. rak

rak Senior Member

Amaaaaaaaaazing show. I'm trying to get the British one, because it is the original one, but the American one is amazing. I like it when Emmet and that htough football player are together. It is the best show in the world. if you ask me.