Queensday 2006 TDDKK cruises kicked ass!!!

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by mopperm1, May 6, 2006.

1. lctricity

lctricity Member

A little technical expertise and a whole lotta Piggie Pride!

Drop me a PM if you need help, but it ain't nothin' but a thang anyhow.

Rock ON Piglets!

2. islandgurl

islandgurl Banned

How come it didn't show up this time? Wonder if they "fixed" it when they were working on the website yesterday <shrug> I miss signatures. Taking away Nem's signature was the worst of all as that map helped me around A'dam SO much the first time I went. I guess people can still access it through the old threads, I haven't tried and I printed it out again for this trip before they banned them, not to mention I have it saved in my favorites :D

This piggy's rockin'! 2 weeks and counting and I'll be tasting some sweet NYC Diesel, among many others lol Neville's Haze was quite good, however, I never did get to try White Smurf and you said that was really good, right koop? Worth getting this time? Is it a watch a movie kind of buzz or a fly around the city kind of buzz, koop? I also never went to Hunters bar for their 5g deals. Is it worth the visit? Let me know...

Hugs to the PIGS!
    islandgurl :)

3. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

9 months......

4. islandgurl

islandgurl Banned

What are the exact dates for queensday 2007??

5. SinPusher

SinPusher Member

4-30-2007, This year it was on the 29th only because the 30th was a Sunday. Many travelers try to plan their stay over 4-20 and 4-30. Woohoo!!

6. islandgurl

islandgurl Banned

Cool thanks SP, hope we get to meet next year. People don't actually leave ON queensday, do they? I thought about going a few days before and leaving a couple days after. I think I'm a bit spoiled when it comes to the weather though. It was gorgeous while I was there this summer both times, I'm afraid I'm going to freeze my ass off in April lol :&

7. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

The weather was awesome this year. It rained only once during our ten day stay in Amsterdam. Sunny and mild the majority of the time. Although it is springtime and you never knoww. Just go with the flow.....We usually arrive a day or two before the weekend before queens day. I actually try to avoid summertime in Europe since most places don't have AC and boy those small coffeeshops and cafes can get really hot and stuffy.

8. islandgurl

islandgurl Banned

Yep I encountered some of that as well a couple of the days, but I just plopped my butt down in Barney's because they had ac in the restaurant and ordered a 7up and fries (with ketchup!). I was told I could smoke in there when I wanted to order food in the coffeeshop part (was too early to serve food over there or something) so I hopped on over. Yeah I could smoke in the restaurant but not a pipe, only a rolled joint in the restaurant part... funky. After I finished eating I went back to the coffeeshop part and ordered some GREAT Willie Nelson. I was so baked walking down the Herengracht back to Dutch Flowers I can't even tell you lol I just looked at the beautiful sky, fluffy clouds, relaxed atmosphere and soaked it all in. How fantastic it was... It's my home away from home and I don't know if I can wait 9 months to go back!

Do the Pigs usually meet at Pink Floyd? Seems like y'all did one time. I'm thinking about staying close to that area so I can be close to the meeting places. Should I book my room now? I was kinda hoping to share a place with someone if it's decent and priced okay since I'm probably coming alone. Anybody else need a roomie or room for one more... maybe an apt. or something? Only regulars in here need apply lol :)

Peace,
    islandgurl

9. ispica

ispica Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hi Cats,

The Floyd seems like a good meeting place, we can take over the whole upstairs, (good idea Islandgirl). Anyone have any thoughts on boats will one be enough? What's the Piggy American head count these days I lost count after momperman slipped me that spiked chocolate...

Maybe we'd better staring asigning responsibilities.

Ispica

10. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

That place is getting old pigs.....how about Rookies?

11. islandgurl

islandgurl Banned

Aw thanks ispica but I think Mops is being difficult lol honestly I don't care where we meet as long as the weed is primo :)

12. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

lets officially close out this queens day 2006 thread...was a great time indeed. 2007 will be even better....GO PIGS!!

13. lctricity

lctricity Member

In agreement 100% with closing this thread "officially" or by any other means possible.

Rock ON with Queensday 2007!

:agree: