QUEENSDAY 2006- 4 months to go!!

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by mopperm1, Jan 1, 2006.

1. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

no problem, floyds is good

2. SinPusher

SinPusher Member

What day did we decide on, lol? 27th? Sorry, tried looking back but ran out of patience. No later then 2pm at Umma Gumma then? We can all walk to Centraal and go together from there.

Did I mention I will be there Sunday? WOOHOO!!!! SP in Mokum, bout frickin time.

3. koopa

koopa De Kuil Krue Hipster

yes Thursday the 27th......

I'm advising all to gather around 1pm at Pink Floyd for a "smokers send off" and expect us to leave the shop and head to central station at 2pm if thats ok with you sir?

4. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

Lets just all meet up at umma gumma cs instead of pink floyds cs OK? Is that alright with you mike c, mike a, james and maybe alli....already meeting you at pink floyds in the morning...why did they paint over all the pink floyd murals in their coffeeshop? noticed that last year...those dogs!:H

5. ispica

ispica Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hi Mopperman,

Umma Gumma on Thuraday sounds great, I'll see you and the Krew around 1pm, the boat looks way cool, can't wait to open it up on the the canals.

6. koopa

Umma Gumma and Pink Floyd is the same shop people....
    There was a name change that went through recently...
    I'm not sure which name is the official name now, but the
    "Umma Gumma" sign has been up for years.....

7. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

hmmm.......umma gumma/pink floyds it is then....LOL. Not even there yet and I'm already lost.

8. SinPusher

SinPusher Member

Clarification. The band made them remove and stop using the name Pink Floyd. There was a lawsuite that was settled out of court. It is now known as Umma Gumma Coffeeshop. And has been for 2 years now. I have personal photos of that little yellow round sign saying Pink Floyd two years ago and then changing to Umma Gumma shortly after that. They were allowed to keep the www.pinkfloyd.nl domain but are not allowed to use the name in any other form outside or inside the shop. That's why the murals came down too. It is stilll a great multilevel shop with good internet, good coffee, good weed, good chill spots, and pretty bar tenders. The bud tenders are cool too.

sp

9. ispica

ispica Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hi SinPusher,

Thanks for the update on Umma Gumma, I had no idea that Floyd made them change their name...I guess I should have taken "Money" more literally. As a protest I will now and forever refer to Umma Gumma as Pink Floyd. (Still, I bet there's some corporate swine is behind all this) you can't right music like that and then object to an Amsterdam Hooch bar paying tribute to the band.

10. koopa

I say we refer to it as any and every floyd reference we can.......

see you guys at Animals on thursday :)

11. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

OK then, "have a cigar" cs it is!! I bought a pink floyd coffeeshop t-shirt from there back in 2003. Guess it's a rare one now.
    koopa: had a e-mail kicked back from your e-mail address. Starting to hear back from other cruise companies now....knew that would happen.
    sinpusher: you still down for one of our cruises? I hear you bailed out, what's up with that?:confused:

12. SinPusher

SinPusher Member

Just ran out of time and conflicting schedules. If there is a slot and things work out I still may be there, I just can't commit until a few things come together for me. We will have a nice time in Haarlem. How many do we have for sure? It will be me plus a lady friend, so that is two. And don't focus to much on the pool tournament, it will be very informal and we need to see more of Haarlem and since we are starting so late. I still haven't received a response on what the deal is, but I can post from there, and will as I know more.

sp

13. koopa

its all good sinpusher, no worries man! we appreciate you taking us to haarlem on thursday. we will have room on the cruises no matter what and you know when they leave as well as where so its entirely up to you. I will be happy to play pool but would rather see more of the coffeeshops in haarlem as well. all three willy wortels shops seemed really distinct and desirable. I could easily spend the entire day doing a coffeeshop crawl in haarlem :)

14. SinPusher

SinPusher Member

If going to Haarlem, we MUST hit all the WW shops. Two of them are a little harder to find. But you must see Sinsemilla. It is the greatest coffeeshop in Holland, imo.

15. koopa

yeah sinsemilla looked amazing on hempcity....
    mopperman? lctricity? mikeymike? what do you guys think?

16. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

sounds like a weiner to me!!! pig power!!

17. mikeymike

mikeymike Member

Pig Power yeah.

18. lctricity

lctricity Member

I prefer Sativa, but if you're up for the trek Sensimilla is the ultimate "hang spot". Nice space. Try to stop by the Theehuis too. If you can make it by CS Regine, their "Special" is badass weed.

Won't be going over on Thursday but look forward to seeing you guys around 1pm at the Umma Gumma pre-trip for some serious Hash consumption.

19. SinPusher

SinPusher Member

Reporting from Willie Wortals Sinsemilla shop. Being a haze fan, I have tried the three top being Amnesia(great), Mexican(great) and the newest "Northern". Also some special hash's at the Sativa shop. Indica is all finished and looks great. The pool tournament will be fun. Nol leaves town on the 20th, so I think most of you will miss him. He sends his regards. The weather has been great, but a jacket has been needed 50% of the time I guess. Sun is coming out right now "again" lol. Well, thats all for now. See you here. It is nicer then they say.

20. koopa

thanks for the update SP......sounds like your having a blast man!

see you soon,
    koopa