Queensday 2005!

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by tamino, Nov 23, 2004.

1. koopa

koopa De Kuil Krue Hipster

monday the 2nd?

2. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

Thats what were thinking of Monday the 2nd, was thinking of Sunday but that would be recovery day from Saturday. LOL Early train departs at 7:13 arrives at 9:35am on those high speed thalys service.

3. yogibear

yogibear Member

When I was in AMS June 04 my son and I went to Brussels. It was quite interesting. We took a bus tour and saw giant atom atomic number of 9 which was supose to represent something at an old World's Fair site. It's quite french.
    On the way in the train passes some really beautiful country and a bunch of window girls as you arrive in town off to the left. I got there kind of late and they roll up the sidewalk at about 5:30 so getting there early is a good thing. Gent and Burges are also quit popular and historic.

4. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

[​IMG]

almost there people!! 10 days to the meet, 11 for queensday.....sooner for me. oh boy!!

5. bigmyq

bigmyq Member

I think we're going to Brussels the very next day (Tuesday) I might be able to rearrange our plans...

6. mikeymike

mikeymike Member

Does anyone know what the cost would be for train to Belgium. I promised myself I would atleast goto 1 other country while Im there. With my money situation though I m not sure.

7. yogibear

yogibear Member

It's about $50.00 US one way 2nd class so it would be about $75.00 US round trip. I had a Benalux pass so I do'nt know exactly but try this site for Dutch Trains www.ns.nl or www.ricksteves.com both good sites Rick has a bunch of stuff. Its also possible to get cheaper ticket with one or more traveling with you. Try a $106.00 Benelux Pass 5 days unlimited three countries.

8. yogibear

yogibear Member

Wohowoo!!!!!! It's 4:20 here.

9. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

hey yogi, we paid 730. dollars for a 3 person 1st class 5 day benelux pass. you probably mean 2nd class but it still sounds to cheap. what year was this. it's now about 250 dollars for 2nd class.....germany-benelux adult pass right? see you soon comrade

10. yogibear

yogibear Member

Yes thats Youth and 2nd class good for Belgium, Luxemboug & Netherlands no Germany benelux 5 day pass $109.00 a real deal but must be purchase online before at www.ricksteves.com you can get them elsewhere but this is where I bought mine at $163.00 or less as they use to have twin pass to old for youth pass LOL. Mikeymikes under 27 I think and had some car problems this will work well for him. When do you highrollers arrive in AMS? See you soon Bud.

11. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

hey yogi, we land at 7am wednesday!! intricity lands a little bit earlier and were going to meet for "coffee" at the central cafe around 8ish sice we all can't check in till around 10-11ish. when you landing? more than welcome to join if your already in town. No were not high-rollers, I've been living like a pauper in order to splurge on this trip. although the exchange rate is toning down the splurging!! dam dollar rate will kill your savings. see you soon!!!

12. lctricity

lctricity Member

Right On! I am soooooooooooooo freakin' ready for this trip. Central CS isn't going to know what hit them come 8am next Wednesday. If it gets too crowded we'll have to head down to The Coin on Warmoestraat.

The luggage lockers at Centraal Station always make waiting around for the hotel room so much more enjoyable. I can't check in 'til 3PM!

We might be paupers now, but for one week in Amsterdam we'll be livin' LARGE!

See Ya's Soon!

13. yogibear

yogibear Member

I don't get there until 9:55am Friday so I'll see you at DeKuil at 4 jetlag willing. When I land it's out to Gaasper Camping to set up camp. I normally stay at the Hotel Piet Hein on Vossiusstraat next to Vondelpark a great little place but I'm trying to get some use out of my gear and save a little, about $500.00 US by camping. More coffee money LOL. Can'nt wait see you all really soon.

14. mafuman

mafuman Banned

so, is it Queen's Day yet?

15. lctricity

lctricity Member

NO Shit!!!

One good thing, well there are several, but one good thing as of right now is the fact that we're now less than one week away from actually seeing each other in person and partying it up in style.

Time really is beginning to drag and I've reached "Maximum Obsession Level" with Amsterdam.

See Ya's Soon!

16. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet

17. mafuman

mafuman Banned

oranje boven

oranje boven
    leve de koningin

shit, i thought it WAS today

18. yogibear

yogibear Member

I wakeup pissed off from dreams of AMS and I'm not there yet. Only 7 days!! It's like being 5 and waiting Christmas.

19. lady zooty

lady zooty Member

hi there,
    we are coming over from Brighton, England, for our second Queen's Day. . . but this time only for about 36hrs and no hotel . . . but then again we didn't sleep last time!
    what we are asking for, is recomendations for a club on FRI and SAT night; last year we did Mezzo but i see it's now closed.
    we are into funky, vocal house with some HARD thrown in for the hell of it. ( a few comfy seats wouldn't come amiss either ) it also needs to be over 50s friendly and not TOO straight. i'm sure that's not too much to ask form a place like Amsterdam
    looking forward to hearing from those of you in the know
    thanks
    lady zooty and zero jones

20. yogibear

yogibear Member

I'm thinking of going to the poor man's Amsterdam on the fourth of July. Anyone ever been? Checkout The New Amsterdam Cafe or www.bluntbros.com . I'll probbly fly into Seattle and rent a car.