Queens Day 2013...

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by mopperm1, Jan 11, 2013.

1. sjors amsterdam!

sjors amsterdam! Guest

LoL yeah you still remember that kind a thing yogi?
    I can not remember all.. Who are you guys? LmaO !

I have some news for you guys, you know queens night before QD right? This year also will be kingsnight right after QD..
    And the bad news is that the royal family is going to cruise te canals for sure, but nothing clear about where and what time.. So i hope our cruise can go on.. But i think so.

Mike you didn't receive anything jet? Please let me know..
    This weekend was a lot of snow, hope the last this year!
    Almost march, come on sun and heat!
    :sunny:

2. yogibear

yogibear Member

I was looking around for orange stuff and saw these whistles and remembered in 2007 someone from another boat tossed use some whistles. I still have mine so I bought them not knowing they were gigantic. They are at lest 3 times the size of a normal whistle and have "Pigs 2013" sticker on the sides. Evidently it's a Dutch custom to blow them when going under a bridge or it just sounds cool.:sifone::sifone::party:

3. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

where did the pig2013 come fom Yogi?
    Here is a pic I found online and has to be one of the best I have seen of Queens day on the canals....great thing about it is were in it! Bottom right corner...see Yogi, Nancy, James....what a pic!

Queens Day 2007
    [​IMG]
    couple of months to go!
    Sjors: nothing yet on the postcard...mmm cant wait!

4. yogibear

yogibear Member

You could add limited text to the stickers so I added pigs 2013.

5. lctricity

lctricity Member

What a great picture from 2007! Man was it packed on the canals that year and stupid crazy. Pig Cruise Soundtrack, Shroom Fudge and all. Without a doubt the cruise to beat or meet. Although I think this year we'll have it. So many people this year?!! Too Cool. Every year brings it's own unique vibe. This year will be special on a bunch of levels, no doubt.

Beer was not a problem last year by a long shot. There was beer leftover for days. Think Mike gave a bunch away to Sjors. And food. And herb. The biggest issue I recall was finding ice! The collapsible coolers were priceless though. When everyone pitches in it all comes together. Speaking of which...

Would like to propose we all bring a little herb and hash to contribute to a 2013 Pig Cruise GigaDoob (aka: The PigaDoob), filled with all of our favorites finds. If I recall these cones hold about 8 grams and will burn long time with hash. Craziness.. Perhaps we can get together before the cruise or Queensnight to put it together with a session.

Who's down? Can I get a second?!! Maybe we'll need a second with such a large crew.

[​IMG]

The houseboats will be Rockin' for 2013!

:cheers2: ________:guitarist:________ :2thumbsup:

6. gromit

gromit Guest

you know im a second on that,..........:sifone:

7. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

james! I 2nd that also! Just one pigadoob?
    [​IMG]

8. yogibear

yogibear Member

I'll throw in a couple grams or so.:sifone::sifone::party:
    53 Days!!!

9. yogibear

yogibear Member

46 Days:cheers2:

10. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Look no further for orange stuff, this will be the years big hit:

[​IMG]

11. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

Less than 50 days to go pigsters!!
    I like the QILF tee but wouldn't wear it at the drag queen olympics they have over there....ok maybe we would! ! ....almost as good as our past t-shirts...and our new one has yet to be unveiled! We need our orange colored decorations for the QD parties! we should get fireworks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. gromit

gromit Guest

2007 sounds like it rocked but wasnt able to partake,... was at 2012 and it was crazy and from the looks of this year we are toppin them all,...to bad we didnt have a grill ,...burgers and brats,..Mmmmmm,..and cant wait to put in on the pig doob,..
    THE HOGLEG!,...

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. George47

George47 Member

Make the most of this year guys since it will be the last ever Queen's Day you will attend!

14. yogibear

yogibear Member

Yes last Q-Day but many more Kings Days.

15. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

Long Live Kings Day!!!
    Although I haven't seen anything official saying it was the last Queens Day. Send me the link to this "last QD" news. This wasn't even the present queens birthday but her mothers, so why would they stop it?
    Sjors! Update us on this.
    Time is a ticking motley pig-krue! 40 DAYS AND COUNTING!

[​IMG]

16. yogibear

yogibear Member

The first 'Kingsday' will be on 26th April 2014 because 27th is a Sunday.:D:D:D

17. yogibear

yogibear Member

Tee Shirts?:D:D:D

18. yogibear

yogibear Member

Here you go Mopperman.
    Queen's Day in Amsterdam

Queen's Day (in Dutch: Koninginnedag) in Amsterdam is a unique night and day carnival-like event at the end of April each year and during the night before – so called Queen's Night (in Dutch: Koninginnenacht). What is special about the Queen's Day, that having elements of the huge party across the whole city, it is combined with the market in the streets of the whole city (in Dutch: Vrijmarkt).

Queen's Day in Amsterdam attracts each year ca 700 thousands visitors, which makes the city crowded beyond any acceptable norms. Despite overcrowding, the atmosphere on Queen's Day is traditionally relaxed and joyful. Usually mild, not too hot weather makes the Queen's Day the day to be in Amsterdam. To feel the atmosphere on the day please, watch the Queen's Day video.

The Queen's Day is celebrated in the whole Netherlands since more than fifty years. Amsterdam celebrations are the most attractive. Last years the popularity of the event grows drawing crowd of visitors from all over Europe.

Queensday becomes King’s Day
    At the end of January 2013, Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands, the longest reigning Dutch monarch, announced her abdication after 33 years on the throne. 75 years old Beatrix said she would abdicate on 30th of April and her oldest son Willem-Alexander will become the King of the Netherlands.
    The last Queensday will take place on Tuesday 30th of April, 2013, the first King's Day on Saturday 26, 2014, one day before Willem-Alexander’s birthday. From now on the King’s Day will be held on April 27 each year.

19. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

Thanks Yogi, you can call me Mike, I'm not in incognito or wanted or in hiding.....yet.:2thumbsup:
    Here is the link. http://www.amsterdam.info/queensday/

Long Live Kings Day!!
    [​IMG]

20. sjors amsterdam!

sjors amsterdam! Guest

I'm just selebrate, don't give a shit who's birthday or something, but i'll dive into it!!
    It's still freezing and snowing overhere and all of the dutch are sick of it! It's fuckin spring!!
    And it stays like this for at last a week!
    Hope at QD will be like last year or hotter..
    Mike your in contact with rob?
    Post some more when i can tell you guys about that isseu..
    My hands are freezing rightnow!!