Queens Day 2011...our 7th year in a row! Lucky #7

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by mopperm1, Jan 3, 2011.

1. amsdan

amsdan Member

Hello Piggies

Looking forward to seeing you all again!
    I am now in the EU and will be back in the Dam for the next few weekends!

Mike it is just me for the boat, my friends bailed. I am still working on my schedule but will be at Pig central on QD by Noon for sure.

2. jk17dark

jk17dark Guest

Hello, I'm a regular visitor to amsterdam and part of other amsterdam related forums, but new to this one. I stumbled across this thread while researching my queensday trip this year...my first queensday. Can anyone recommend how to get on a canal boat for queensday? I would love to get on one with my girlfriend this year. Any info is much appreciated. Dank u wel....JK

3. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

hey ya'll,
    just talked to sjors and he said our police lady is ready for our return!
    any of you pigs come across orange stuff for the cruise and party...grab it! raunchy stuff welcome...

[​IMG]

JK: We might just have room for you and your girl. your just in time as 6 other people wanted to get onboard. tried to PM you but you don't have that enabled on this forum. why don't you meetup with us at the waterhole on the 28th if your in town. what other forums are you on? hope you have a sense of humor...
    [​IMG]

hey Mike A...way down in FLA. you going to make it this year?
    hope you can make it before QD dan! see you at rosies!...they still let you in there..right?lol:sifone:

so why isn't our buddy dennis making it this year? he'll be missed as he was one of the originals from 2005.

later gators! go orange!

4. mikeymike

mikeymike Member

Not possible guys. I just got laid off from my part time job and may not have a place to live come next week. Things here are depressing as well as some health issues. I ve dropped about 25 lbs the last 6 weeks, food not staying down. Waiting on blood work, maybe linked to my gall bladder surgery a few months ago.

Keep me in your prayers guys, I miss all my fellow piggies. Ill try an keep in touch.

Contact me via my yahoo address, Mike I know you have it.

Enjoy

Mikeymike

5. koopa

koopa De Kuil Krue Hipster

Sorry to hear about you losing your job mikeymike. I won't be making it to Europe this year either and am really going to miss you all. I wound up burning through sick / vacation days like crazy in the past 8 months, my company is restructuring / downsizing / dropping the less committed people, and I used this years vacation money to buy homebrewing equipment. Drink one for me, smoke one for me, and keep the Pig Tradition Alive! Hope to see you all in 2012!

6. Strider '88

Strider '88 Member

hi everyone,

sorry friends but my forum presence has been gone for a long time, but not my thoughts of all of you. I am easing my way back into the cyber- network slowly though still reluctantly.

I have been reading the posts for weeks now, thinking of Amsterdam and all you guys daily.

mikeymike, I'll be praying for ya bro for better health and finances.

mike O ,,,got that facebook request, all over it...I so missed last year and this, but am already making plans for 2012. I value our friendship we have made over the years and think of you often and when I am daydreaming of friends and good times. I am doing 12 days or so next year, so maybe I can hook up with you for one of your excursions to Germany or Belgium.

Lctricity and Stolen Magic, Cora and I send our love and best wishes. Not sure if she will make it next year but I am already looking for apts to book early. I hope you made it through the cold winter! Enjoy Amsterdam, I hope its sunny and warm. See you in 2012 and represent well!

All you other peeps have fun and I look forward to some trip reports.

mike C.---I follow your cartoons on facebook, love them!...you should get syndicated, great stuff. I miss vacationing with you. I look forward to seeing you next year.

jj

7. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

Hey pigsters...
    30 days till QD!!
    Nice to hear from you guys!
    Joey! How's my drinking buddy and that Arizona weather doing? We missed you last year and will again this year for sure...spot on the boat will always be there for you!
    Say hi to Cora and see you next year my friend![​IMG]

Sorry to hear about your financial and gall bladder issues Mikey....Yogi just had his removed recently also...what's up with tha gall bladders guys?
    You will be missed greatly Mikey and hope all will works out for you!
    [​IMG]

Down to three originals Koopa....traded us in for a home brew system huh? lmao I hope your making some tasty hefe-wiezen beer that we both love to enjoy.
    [​IMG]

Unless people drop out, we got a full crew for our QD cruise. Looks like it's going to be a big QD this year as it falls on Saturday and they expect a million party folk to cram into the city! Glad were on the canals!

Mike O

8. ispica

ispica Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hi Skip,

The t-shirt for this year has slipped onto the back burner...of course it wouldn't take too much encouragement and a little incentive to move it to the front burner...past shirts have always gotten a lot of attention in Amsterdam, especially during Queen's Day. I would think it would be a perfect place for Hip Forums to have a major presence, especially given all the competition from Facebook. Hip Forums, Queen's Day and the shirts would be a natural

IM me if you want to talk more!

Rock on

Mike

9. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

who's this ispica character? wondering where u were Mike. Getting your gall bladder removed also? i'm just saying! 3 more weeks and we'll be smoking some of that "barking spider" weed...u know, blueberry's favorite....lol:afro:

10. ispica

:devil:

11. ispica

Thanks Strider,

You'll be missed this year.

So glad you dig the cartoons, I'm never sure whose out there reading my stuff. Syndication...not a bad idea...anyone out there interested in being my agent?

MikeyMike, Sorry to hear about your condition, stay strong buddy I'll be thinking of you and rest assured we'll hoist a round to you this year.

Mike C.

12. amsdan

amsdan Member

Hi Piggies!

Mikemike, sorry to hear you can't make it and hope you are feeling better.

Looking forward to seeing you all soon. Mike good job with the boat again, I know it is a lot of work!

I am just back from my third trip over this year, and looking forward to the end of the month. My plan was to arrive on 4/26 but that is gone....
    The week before QD I will working in Poland for the week and will arrive on Queens Night. If you guys don't have any plans. I will be at Susies Saloon on Friday for late happy hour, as Mike knows this can be fun.

Now for the Swim, last weekend I was at Susies sitting outside with some of my friends. When a Chinese girl in the coffee shop next store had an apparent panic attack and decided she needed too cool off. :D
    But she couldn't swim and almost went down, luckily a passing boat pulled her in.

13. yogibear

yogibear Member

Get well Mikey and good luck with the job search. :party::party:
    Hey I'll take a shirt if you design them they will sell.

14. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

Hey Pigsters!
    Nice pic of the canal swim Dan. That is some nasty canal water. She will have a memory for life! Thats to bad you won't make it until Queens day.
    Pick me up a pin in Poland for me.
    Have a safe flight Yogi! Looks like you will be the first in town...remember to grab all the really really good stuff if you run into it, if you know what I mean!
    another vet bites the dust...Mike C won't make it this year.....his excuse was a broken front tooth....I liked the buying a home brew system better!!!
    Everybody happy landings and see you all next week.:party:

15. koopa

Take a look at my smile and tell me if you think I need an excuse!

16. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

nice set up koopa....but If given the choice I would still rather drink a cold one in amsterdam or brussels than home brew in new jersey. send mike c. a case...he needs it!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I just saying.....lol. We'll miss you and the other missing pigs at this years queens day 7.0 version! But the final original cruisers and others will carry on! Orange over-load this year....pics will follow!

See everyone next week!...

17. lctricity

lctricity Member

Thought the 3rd pic was a bubble bag for a second... Was waiting to see pics of brews and bubble side by side! Sure would love to try one of your brews.

You'll be missed this year my friend. Hope to see you in 2012.

18. koopa

I though the same thing myself when gazing over top of it the first time....the smell of the wort brought me back to reality eventually! I'm really going to miss you all and amsterdam itself this year. I'll get ya hooked up with some homebrew James. If any other continental pigsters would like to try a bottle just send me your address via PM and I'll set you up!

19. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

It's take off time.....We will represent the missing pigs with full orange glory! I hear it's been one of the warmest spring weather in years! Love it!
    Lets do this....
    OK...next year no missing teeth or home brew kits excuses! Removing Colons are acceptable!lol
    :cheers2::party:

20. koopa

Happy Koninginnedag Everybody!