Q Lazzarus

Discussion in 'Alternative and Indie Music' started by plume7reaction, Jun 23, 2006.

1. plume7reaction

plume7reaction Member

Has anyone heard "Goodbye Horses" by Q Lazzarus? If you've seen "Silence of the Lambs", in the part where Buffalo Bill is dancing naked, it's playing in the background. It's a really good song, and it has a really deep meaning too. I was wondering if there's anything else by the band, I looked it up a little and it's really hard to get anything else by them. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I went through a phase where I was into that sort of dark, underground music--another great hit of the same genre is "Perfume" by the Jesus and Mary Chain. I recommend.

2. theblackrose

theblackrose Member

do you understand how much SHIT i took for liking that song from my buddies in college? i used to tuck my willy between my legs, put on some thick makeup, and dance around our dorm singing it "goodbye horssseeeeeeesssssss, i'm dying over you..."...hahaha, jk...but seriously, i love that song, and my friends think im a freak once i told them what part of the movie its from...never met someone else who liked it...jah bless

3. GoodbyexxHorses

GoodbyexxHorses Member

Hey I just saw this thread and I wanted to tell you that I just did research on Q Lazzarus and that was unfortunately her ownly mainstream hit. Lazzarus is a female African-American singer, best known as a one hit wonder for the song "Goodbye Horses", which was featured in Married to the Mob, The Silence of the Lambs and Clerks II.

The lead singer of her band of the same name, Q Lazzarus is known for having a husky bass voice not unlike Kathleen Turner. Before she was discovered as a singer, she worked as a taxi driver in New York City. The band dissolved at some point before 1996. Apart from Q, Mark Barrett and songwriter William Garvey, nothing is known about the other band members.