Putting Police dogs off the scent!

Discussion in 'Cannabis Legal and Security Issues' started by Catweazleandfreind, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Born25YearsTooLate

Born25YearsTooLate Hunting the mighty whifflesnark

Barry cooper's dvd is going to tell pretty much the same things I have, however, I also did some research into industrial air scrubbing, and that's when I added the modified message about the activated carbon, because of it's industrial use to bind up and prevent the release of these very type of compounds. The terpines enter the carbon fragments, and some molecular shuffing takes place. The large, fragrant molecules are trapped in place, in the carbon itself, chemically bound to it, so the dogs can't smell them. Jorge Cervantes recommends an activated carbon air filter on an exhaust to a grow to neutralize the nice ripe skunky odor in his dvds, and I've used similar things on my own to hide very smelly things.

Don't outright trust my advice, but don't immediately discount it either. Do your own research.

The dvd is awesome, but yes, I agree there's no way to 'cover' a scent. But there are ways to either chemically neutralize or slow it down enough that it's 'undetectable' for a while.

2. CanniEvergrow

CanniEvergrow Member

I tried this but it didnt work. The cops got suspicious when I called the dog over to me in the middle of the search and "got his muzzle going" in my little container of rabbits blood and cocaine. It prolly woulda worked tho if I coulda just grabed the dog while they wernt lookin and stuk his nose in my rabbit blood and cocaine container without them knowin it.:rolleyes:

3. Born25YearsTooLate

(slaps forehead and hopes people are being sarcastic)

4. CanniEvergrow

CanniEvergrow Member

Even tho it didnt work for me, I still always carry around a li'l container of rabbits blood mixed with cocaine, -Just in case. You never know when ya mite need it!

5. sirbongzalot

sirbongzalot Member

Chili pepper powder will do the trick. Scatter some on your welcome mat so the dogs a nose full before he enters your house...He won't be able to smell his own crotch for a week after that.

6. Born25YearsTooLate

Did you know that a stunt like that can be, in most locales, treated the same as if you'd pepper sprayed an officer? It's considered assault, and IS a crime in progress, which means you absolutely lose your right to avoid yourself and your property being searched. If anything LEOs are MORE protective of their dogs than themselves. Seriously, you screw with the dog, the LEO will absolutely nail you, As hard as he can, for as many things as he can.

If you want to, go ahead, but the more people with dumb ideas like this, the better for the rest of us. It trains the cops to underestimate us.

It's rather like lions and a herd of gazelle. They get the slow ones, the stragglers...the old, boneheaded and weak ones first. So go ahead, get yourself caught. After all, I don't have to outrun the lions. Just outrun you.

7. LikeanArtist

LikeanArtist Member

Thank you! This is valuable information! I had not thought of it before, but it makes total sense. Treat the dogs as officers, otherwise pot is the least of your worries.
    And who the fuck want to use coke and blood to get the dog away from your stash. What the fuck? Just doesn't seem sane.

8. Born25YearsTooLate

yeah, we can do a lot with common sense, except for two things...

that which is sense isn't common
    that which is common, isn't sense.

9. LemboDaWop

LemboDaWop Member

Nobody is going to raid your house, unless you're growing to deal, and the cops come to charge you with illegal substance sales (I don't know the technical term).

If you're growing for yourself, you should be fine.

If you're growing to sell, find a spot OFF your property.

And as far as hiding the smell, I'm pretty sure you're out of luck. Dogs can smell everything and anything.

10. Gsmall

Gsmall Member

well im guessing hide it somewhere away from the house that no one would know about and bury it lol

11. Tucker McG

Tucker McG Guest

For a stash the best way to trick a dog is to not trick it. You have to trick the police officer who interprets how the dog reacts. You can put all the pepper and vaseline on your stash, the dog will still smell it. But if you put your weed in something that dogs are already naturally attracted to, such as a bag of meat, the officer will simply assume the dog wants to get at the meat and won't be tipped off. Of course the dog will be signaling he smells weed, but that's the beauty of not being able to communicate with animals.

This said, it would seem sort of suspicious if you have just a random bag of hamburger meat in your car, so I'd try to make it look like you just picked up groceries. In the end though, it's much easier to trick a human than to trick a dog's nose.