Putin making threats?

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by morrow, Mar 2, 2018.

1. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

It's interesting that someone like Putin would be concerned at all with an election. Russia just ain't what it used to be!

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Its not like his opposition has much of a chance. Corruption is still rampant over there. Makes the US with its bought politicians still look like a perfect paradise (in comparison only) :p

3. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That cold-hearted scandalous ass heathen isn't worried about elections. Something always happens to the opposition there. Murdered, poisoned, wrongfully accused of crimes, etc.

4. Asmodean

He's worried about Russia's international position. Which most of Russia's international politics and secret malpractices and Putins silly bluffing makes clear. It's quite laughable if it wasn't at the expense of so many people (russians, ukranians, syrians, etc. etc.)

5. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Meanwhile, he dumb American politicians are busy criticizing Trump for wanting to start his term with an amical relationship with Russia.

6. Asmodean

An amical relationship with Putin is worth criticizing. Wanting an amical relationship with russians can be admirable (depending on the details)

7. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

Agreed. Look how cozy Obama was with Medvedev. And how accurately he predicted winning a second term.

Face it folks, in the modern age it seems like "ALL" elections are basically rigged one way or another. This can be easily tested though. We simply convince everyone in the nation to vote for the extreme outlier. Someone like Kinky Friedman, Pat Paulson (back in the day) or we just agree to write in someone unexpected like Bill Gates or Dave Chappelle!

I admit I'm frustrated by establishment politics. It's so obvious they own us all and rule with silk glove covering an iron fist. Once they get your number, you're ruined for life.

Eric! likes this.
  8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

What I took from Putins little speech

1) He doesnt think he will win the election (in just over 2 weeks time)

2) Still pretends America is their main enemy because he cant even say out loud China actually is

3) They cant even put together a powerpoint presentation that doesnt look like straight out of the 90s

Eric! and morrow like this.
  9. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Paul Desmond played Take 5 WITH the Brubeck group. One of the only jazz albums that actually went somewhere in each song.

10. Eric!

None of it convinces me that the Russians are coming, LOL!
    It all sounds like cocktail lounge music. Men sitting around in tuxedos, women in ball gowns-all sipping on mixed drinks and talking shit, while listening to smooth ass music. That's what I hear in the instruments.

11. scratcho

Have you heard the whole album? Try Blue Rondo a la Turk. I can't stand the jazz that just goes---(flappin'my tongue) blsbllsbsbbbrbrbrlbtbbgmdbfqhfgihfhf and never goes anywhere, played usually on a sax with no coherent melody.

12. Eric!

I've got a cd box set of Dave Brubeck. I haven't listened to all of it yet. I mainly got it for Take 5, because I remember hearing that song so many times as a kid, on elevator rides and department stores, LOL!

scratcho likes this.
  13. scratcho

There's another album on which Paul Desmond played with a famous Brazilian guitarist---which was very good. Haven't heard it since '64, so I don't remember the particulars.

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

3 posts about jazz music made me nod off there for a little while

15. scratcho

WAKE UP, BITCH!!!! There's important shit goin' on!!

(well, maybe not)

16. Asmodean

I'm not saying 'we' (as in the west as a whole or western countries in a combined or even separate effort) shouldn't do anything. But you were advocating for secretly meddling with their elections. I don't think in this regard the principle 'the goal justifies the means' applies. Even though the goal may be honorable enough, it won't be reached any way through these means. It will be checked and rechecked and likely found out. Which makes it apparent 'we' have lowered ourselves to their level, for no good reason.
    Besides, the russian people have to want something different themselves. And act upon that. We can inspire and help them, sure, but we can't do it for them.

17. Eric!

Take yo ass to sleep then. Trying to figure out why this jazz song has anything to do with Russians coming, takes some time to figure out. We'll wake you when the Russians are coming....then again, maybe not. Hahaaaa!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  18. Asmodean

Because it has been known under that name 'russians are coming' since the 70s. Why this song Take five? Not sure and an interesting question. Maybe the artist who first covered it under the newer name has explained.

19. Eric!

In all honesty, I don't think the system even exists. I think that he's trying to use one of the US tactics that was introduced during the Reagan administration, which was a strategic defense initiative, nicknamed "Star Wars". This was just a concept, but the Russians believed that it actually existed. He remembers that shit well, and I think he's trying to use the same bluff we did back in the 80s.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  20. Eric!

It's been "Take 5" since '59

scratcho likes this.