Purple Grass

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by NatureFreak412, Jan 12, 2005.

1. NatureFreak412

NatureFreak412 Art of Balance

Is there a such thing as purple marijuana, like the buds being purple, because that would be really cool man. I dunno why I was thinking that, maybe cause I was listening to purple haze or something, but does it exist?

2. NoVictimNoCrime

NoVictimNoCrime -

well in certain stages of flowering, blueberry buds are bluish purple, but im not sure if they remain that way through harvest...no others that i know of...

3. Stalkz

Stalkz Member

Any herb plant can turn purple due to sun deficiency.

Usually if you buy herb that's called "Purple Haze" and is purple, it's not purple haze, just some mersh that didn't get enough light/heat.

The same way ones that are exposed to lots of sun turn orange or yellow. There is purple haze, which is a strain of Haze that happens to be purple.

4. Stalkz

Stalkz Member

Thats what I said.

5. thrawn

thrawn Member

Sorry for the double

6. thrawn

thrawn Member

Yes, Indica dominant plants usually have the purple phenotype, although its very rare to find purple pistils (hairs) in a purebread. The Blueberry I bought in Amsterdam, was nowhere near blue, just red and green. But, it can vary. And, as far as sun deficiency goes, the plant would not turn purple, its fan leaves would wither, and eventually turn a dark brown, or dark green. But, Ive never had a plant turn purple, even while growing with small 100 watt flourexes.

7. McJesus

McJesus Member

I got a sack of nugs one time that was purplish. It also had splashes of orange.

8. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

Any plant can and most likely will get some shades of purple going through it in the latter half of flowering.(almost always if your growin outdoors, But not as often when your an indoor grower, I think???) Both In the Actual buds themselves, and in the leaves and veins of the leaves. It Is NOT an indication of good weed, Just that the plant is a normal healthy plant, going through the stresses of flowering. Thats all it is, The plant showing you its stressed out.

9. mynameisjake07

mynameisjake07 Banned

purple haze

10. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

Haze is a strain....but there are many different types,,,,,pruple haze, blue haze, red haze,,,,,

11. NatureFreak412

Thanks for all the info. Could it be possible to isolate the Purple haze Strain and like grow it, and breed it to be purple? That is my fav. color. I am fine with Green, but it would be cool to look at.

12. Stalkz

Stalkz Member

It's all smoke and ashes in the end

13. mynameisjake07

mynameisjake07 Banned

im not talking about a strain....im talking about a kind of bud

14. NatureFreak412

speaking of weed colors, is alcopolco(sp?) gold, really golden in color?

15. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

how many different kinds of buds are there? female and male? what sort of a question is that? i dont understand!

16. mynameisjake07

mynameisjake07 Banned

the hundreds of types of bud right?

17. SagaciousKJB2

SagaciousKJB2 Member

There's a differnece between plants that turn purple beacuse they were in too cold of weather, and ones that have the purple phenotype in their genetics: The former's stems will also be purple. That entire plants turns purple when left in cold weather, but if the plants just posesses certain genetics for purple buds, then only the buds will turn purple.

Use to have a really groovy picture of the color almost "seeping" into the fan leaves through the calyxes of a bud. It was real wild.

18. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

Whats The Difference? The strain MAKES it a Type of Bud

19. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

the purple haze hendrix was talking about was some blotter acid

20. miami musician

miami musician Senior Member

i have smoked purple bud before, but it wasn't completely purple... it had shades of orange, blue, red, green... very pretty bud.