punks

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by chrismith, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Lainey

Lainey Member

been there done that

2. chrismith

chrismith Member

i wasn't making assumption; i was just making an observation about my own personal experiences. :)

3. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

Punks are teh suck. They write incredibly lame music, and act like their brains stopped developing at eight years old.

4. Lainey

Lainey Member

since we're using genres of people;
    i know punks who are hella more intellectual and have a lot more better things to write about than so many burnt out hippies.
    think of fighting as an art.

5. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Banned

tink uv punkz az hip.

6. 2cesarewild

Think of three chord progressions as art? nah. i'm good.

7. hemp726

hemp726 Member

well im asuming punks started in the 80's so they may hate hippys becasue maybe some of them had aprents who were hippies, and dont wanna be like their parents.

8. joo kyle

joo kyle thisandthat

punk started in the 60's dude. It did'nt become a movment till the mid 70's.

9. HomerJ

HomerJ Member

10. badwolf

badwolf Member

Lovely lyrics, courtesy of The Casualties.

Hippies and MTV... uh...the connection is?

11. 2cesarewild

nice. the casualties suck so bad it's crazy that a band can actually be a band and suck that much. i have a friend who used to be into them and he's just like wtf did i listen to shitty bands like that?

12. prismatism

prismatism loves you

most punk music is really bad. NOFX is awesome, but they're very hippie friendly :). and might be too mainstream to be "real" punk.

punk is all about elitism and trying to be as condescending as possible. hippies are all about unity and sharing and acceptance. the more people you bash, the punker you are. the more people you love, the hipper you are.

argue with me :).

13. 2cesarewild

nofx lyrics as i remember "want to fuck up, drop out, never trust a fuckin hippie."

14. _chris_

_chris_ Marxist

AHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

sorry, your quite uninformed. The clash, for example, were working class guys, who were anti-thatcher and about smashing the eliteist culture in the UK. The punk movement played a big aprt in the anti-fascist movement, i dont know how you can call that eliteist.

and whoa re punks condesending on? :rolleyes:

15. 2cesarewild

Every 'punk' I have ever met acts li ke those who aren't 'punk' are lesser beings.

16. _chris_

_chris_ Marxist

Have you met many punks?

And are the new punk people, or into '77 stuff, cuz '77 is real punk.

17. 2cesarewild

Tons, i used to be a 'punk.' Then I grew up and realized how adolescent the whole thing is. Some people never do though.

18. Lainey

Lainey Member

When will all of you godblessed hippies quit living in the chingatoomadring past.
    I'm sick of wannabes a fretters, and maybe this is the wrong place to bring it up, but i dont feel like moving.

As James Hetfield graciously taught me; Life is our's; We live it our way.
    And frankly I believe we should be living it in our own generation.

We have masses more accessabilities and mind development than the 60's or 70's ever did.
    And I'm not just talking about the youth. Humans, generally.
    And as far as drugs are concerned, shit man. Every chingatoomadre I come across in my daily routine is cheifn this or poppin that.. So please, Don't tell me we don't have them anymore. How many 13 year olds were dealn addys footballs and lortabs under their teacher's chins everyday 40 years ago? I don't know about you, but I, personally, and roughly every other friend i have has access to any psycadellic whatnot in any given practical day or night.

Prices change, places, people; yeah.

But I still go to wikked concerts.
    Infact, I even have more variety than my parents ever did when they were teenagers.
    Talk about jazz and folk in java stops, classical halls with enchanting art music, nearly unimaginable raves at private warehouses, you know every night there's a club beating the finest rap artists, country shows, rock concerts, festivals...
    And yo, I only live in a town, this small black dot on the map of Missouri, United States. I never have to drive more than 30 minutes to see anything that can light up my day; like meeting a new group of friends, or watchin a tripped out art show.
    Probably fucked up the whole time too.

So say 60's what?

Renaissance? Hmmm?

cool, yeah yeah
    It's the 2000's...
    live it up like its the millenium.. cause before you blink its gonna be taught to your offspring in New Age World History...

19. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

fucks sake.... the phrase "never trust a hippie" first appeared on a poster by "punk" artist Jamie Reid, who at the time was in the employ of Malcolm Mclaren.... John Lydon muttered it once during an interview.... and Mclaren mentioned it in the film Rock n' Roll Swindle.....

Neither Mclaren or the Sex Pistols (or the hordes they employed) shaped Punk ideology (although, Mclaren likes to think he did), it existed long before they hit the public eye....

Since when did a punk let anyone tell them wot to think? and the idea of letting others tell you who/what to like/hate is just fucking preposterous :D

there be people... and there be punks... and there be sheep.....

go Baa in the corner with the rest of them :p

20. 2cesarewild

Uhmmm ok WTF are you talking about? Most of that made no sense. IDK if your comments were directed to me or not, I can't tell. I'd like to know what I "want to be."

A hippie is just someone who doesn't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

And please, do yourself a favor and stay away from bringing up 'psychedelics' because you can't even spell psychedelic, you mention lortabs and adderalls like they're psychedelic, and you talk about doing stuff while "being fucked up the whole time." Yea you are living in this generation alright. Get a clue.