Punks-enemy to the metalheads?WHY?

Discussion in 'Heavy Metal' started by Philip909, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Metallideth

Metallideth Sir

"Can't we all just get along?" - emo poster, 2007

2. abbs_luvs_kise

abbs_luvs_kise Member

hahah...no we can't all get along because that would take the fun out of everything :) i have no problems with the punk kids...half of them like metal as much as they like punk. i agree with the whole british movement of punk and then it crossing over into metal and thus leaving us with hardcore (which i love). i say we all ban together against shitty emo music (REAL emo music is atleast feasible). who's with me? :)

3. naturalbornthrilla

naturalbornthrilla Member

Heavy Metal comes from Acid Rock bands like Sabbath inbred with punk rock... why do you think Slayer did a bunch of punk covers?

4. Squilla

Squilla Banned

hahaha, think of it this way.
    Metalheads = Roman Empire
    Punks = well, renegades, punks, rebels

what did the roman empire do with these so called idiot punkers? They killed them, on a large scale. First off, punk sucks so it just makes sence for a metalhead not to like punk kids for they are ignorant puppets of the mainstream of america.

5. Conservationist

Conservationist Member

Punks are hippies, metalheads are realists...

6. pizzicatofive

pizzicatofive Member

Punk used to be great and have a real message 30 years ago, now it's lame. Metal has always been lame. Everyone should just embrace their lame music and get along because they are both lame.

7. pizzicatofive

pizzicatofive Member

Wow..just saw my old post...posting under the influence. Not a huge fan of metal but I wouldn't ordinarily go into the metal subforum just to say that. =( Sorry folks! Motorhead and Black Sabbath are awesome, I must say.

I'm sure that the more centered and grown-up punks and metalheads both know the rivalry is nonsensical, there's always riled up kids needin to fight something among any group.

8. Metallideth

Metallideth Sir

Someone with such a stupid signature shouldn't post so boldly. The fact that your ears must be underdeveloped and your mind unable to appreciate real music doesn't give you any great reason to come around with your "lame this" "lame that" shit.

Eet shit.

9. pizzicatofive

pizzicatofive Member

baaah, i'd just as soon delete the post if i could homie, I said right below it I was sorry and I was PUI (which isn't an excuse I know)

How is not liking metal equivalent to an underdeveloped sense of sound? BS

10. Conservationist

Conservationist Member

Punk is two separate genres.

Punk, which was a form of rock...

Hardcore, which was total alienation... think Discharge and Cro-Mags :)

11. Metallideth

Metallideth Sir

Hah. I was just being as foolish as you. I figured that line would at least catch some attention.

12. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

Shows how much you know. A lot of metal nowadays is grovelling at the feet of their conformist teenage crowd and label bosses just as much as many punk bands are.

Comparing metal to Romans and punk to rebels to be slaughtered, that just takes the fucking cake. Not only doesn't the comparison make any sense, it makes me wonder just what kind of person you are for speaking in such approving tones of state-authorized mass murder. Maybe this forum just isn't for you, I'm sure you'll find plenty of people who'll agree with you at the National Alliance or Aryan Nations.

13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Right on, Bart!

14. rainbowedskylover

rainbowedskylover Senior Member

i know some real good punk bands that have quite some stinging solo's. ever been to a uk subs show?? almost every song has one!!

15. rainbowedskylover

punks say the same about themselves in relation to hippies y know?

16. I_kill_emos

I_kill_emos Member

what a crock, punks are more opposite to hippies, hippie core values peace and harmony where real punk values are rebellion and anarchy so where you pulled that statement from is beyond me.

17. rainbowedskylover

lik hippies weren't rebellious at the end of the sixties. you cannot make a clear distinction between these two countercultures like that.
    ever heard of the weathermen? MC5? the white panters? all anarchists indistinctable from the hippie counterculture? ever heard of peace punks? those were pretty radical and still they tried to get a message accros very similar to the message the hoippies had to the world.

its only because at the time punk came up hippie culture was not prominent and very active anymore that makes us think nowadays that hippie culture was not rebellious. you don't have to be violent and vandalistic to be rebelllious.

18. I_kill_emos

I_kill_emos Member

youre twisting my words, i never said hippies werent rebellious most counterculters are a form of rebellion, it was just a stab at a stupid comment with another crude comment if you get my point, you cant say that punks are hippies you can say they have something in common or alot of people who listen to punk music are hippies but saying that 2 things that share vague common ground are the same is just plain wrong then every thing might as well just be black or white instead of the thousands of shades of color that i view the world as no 2 things are ever the same if you look close enough and take some time to think.

19. area_51

area_51 Banned

i dont think one hates the other so much,both types of music stress going outside the mainstream of things.for example i would go to punk concerts or clubs with a motorhead shirt,and i was accepted

20. Steele

Steele Member

man the only difference is stereotypes. im a punk in certain circles and a metalhead in others. me and my band are psychedelic grunge punk metal heads as much sense as that makes. we all get along except the people that choose to stereotype. lol when people see how long my hair is and how sharp the corners of my bass are they assume im gonna play some mettalica. ill go right into nirvana, jimi hendrix and sometimes placebo just to fuck with people. there is a lot less hate then we see.