Punkin' Chunkin' Chat

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Aerianne, Oct 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deleted

deleted Visitor

kitchen cockroach leaves curling iron plugged in hot and leaves the house.. the other day wanted power to the stove. then left the house after putting something inside. I got to put this to a end.

1 person likes this.
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Had a big Oak come down in today's wind storm... Gonna be a nightmare widowmaker to take care of.

It cracked about 20-25 feet up and leaned over, still somewhat attached to the trunk. Oh, and the trunk is split too. The trunk split earlier this year when that other Oak fell across my driveway. Yeah, it gets a mite bit breezy up here...

This is one of those trees that is in one of those locations. When you call the professional tree cutters, they come out to look at it and tell you "good luck with that"... and then leave.

1 person likes this.
  3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I have my first initial acupuncture appointment tomorrow to see if I suit acupuncture. Not too sure if they actually do any acupuncture in the initial diagnosis but I'm in chronic pain atm with my lower back if sticking pins in my body is going to help me, then pins in my body is what's going to happen. I'm quite excited but yeah, I hope I get some acupuncture on my first appointment. I wanna feel those needles. I'll probably come out keen for a tattoo. :d

Just it's not unbearable for me I mean I get up and get into it but it's chronic pain, always aching. I think my pain tolerance is pretty decent and I believe somebody else might have this problem and be like... Needles, shots, pain killers and injections. For a year or so now I really think that years of horse riding especially probably worn away that cartilage on my lower back, I've obviously slipped my disc way back in highschool and running around and horse riding just wearing my joints away a bit so I probably would benefit from the collagen injections but we'll try acupuncture first.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

high winds here for a little while. .they dead.

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

was walking in the bush yesterday....no trail just going random direction and find a tree that doesnt belong...looked like a perfect maple ..no other trees touching it..all clear under it

went to take a picture and camera battery was dead

had cell phone but didnt think of it

pretty neat place

it reminded me of the book of knowledge

1 person likes this.
  6. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

That is really neat! Like some special little place. Kind of magical, really.

7. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Not saying what muff is slang for but I think of ear muffs when I hear the word.
    Also I got quite a few pics and videos from a couple punkin shooting sessions.
    They are all home though.

8. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

id definitely live there if i was a smurf

1 person likes this.
  9. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I find that the best way to see the world is on foot. It's amazing how many new things you see when you're walking. I constantly encounter beautiful corners of the world when I take long walks. Sometimes, I see a house with lovely landscaping that I'd never noticed before, a unique tree, a new angle of some familiar forest, or am stricken by the way light bounces off a flower at a certain time of day. Life is beautiful after all!

10. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You probably knocked your spine out of alignment when you took the fall off the horse.

I'd see a chiropractor to realign it.

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

ive the chiropractor and decompression with ultra sound. after my treatment and some cannabis ..i be moving like Olympic games. .

1 person likes this.
  12. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

i try to do what is right, even if that is uncomfortable. but damn if i am not awesome at adding unnecessary complication to my life.

2 people like this.
  13. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Edit: I hit quote and everything...just didn't check 1st. This was supposed to show Irmi's quote about acutuncture!

You have won the jack pot because I Know all about acupuncture, and from BEFORE I had my son - over 33 yrs ago up until the last 5 yrs.

Acupuncture is WONDERFUL and will do nothing and I really mean NOTHING that massage, pills, or whatever to really help help.

You will have to go for regular appointments for a while - BUT SO WHAT...Lots of people expect instantaneous healing...but I know for a fact.

My good, original good acupuncturist moved out of town and the sessions have gone up exponentially (now twice what I started with :yikes: )

The will do a test in certain "sentitive" spots to see if you will respond. Be glad they are doing this..it just shows they know what they're doing and not bullshitting you.

One place is at the thumb/forefinger juncture. Just lay still. Do NOT move around. period. If it hurts too much then tell them but be sill anyway.

You'll be ok. I'd LOVE to get a good acupuncture session. They can help anything as far as I'm concerned.

1 person likes this.
  14. deleted

deleted Visitor

tens unit are cool, but the good ones cost money.

1 person likes this.
  15. deleted

deleted Visitor

not sure acupuncture is covered by my insurance. .weird cause my gym is covered and taekwondo is discounted...

16. Aerianne

I had a terrible pain in my ribs once. It hurt to breath.

My chiropractor adjusted my sternum.

He said after you do alot of adjusting the back where ribs are attached, sometimes you have to do adjustment in the front.

He solved the problem.

That's why I think a jar to the ribs can mis-align the spine and the sternum.

17. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I went to the chiro when my back started bothering me from standing the same place (in front of a register) and that very slight bend you do about a million times a shift...he was good and straightened me out eventually and still had me coming but not as much. They are good. No doubt about it.

but acupuncture is better imo and I'd be shocked if it were covered by insurance.

I need to go now...but I won't.

18. Aerianne

I don't see how acupuncture can manipulate bone placement like a chiropractic adjustment will.

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I've seen the chiro since the fall and had knocked my neck out of alignment. I also remember a faint two week headache from getting that resolved. I've always had the back pain since a kid when I fell and slipped that disc but usually stretching helps it out but this is a different feeling. It literally feels like no joint lubrication or padding.

So since I can stretch the muscles that isn't working right now and I can't physically get under my hip bones to massage it, I'm trying acupuncture to see if the nerves have much to do with it as acupuncture most used for sciatic pain which is exactly what I'm suffering. :)

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It's covered in my health care.
    Since my eyes are special and I need plastic surgery health cover, I pretty much pay a lot of money and it covers almost anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.