Punk.

Discussion in 'Music' started by Ellis, May 31, 2004.

1. Ellis

Ellis Member

So, do any of you people like to listen to some punk music. If so, who are youre favorite bands?
    I love it, wel at least the '70s and '80s punk.
    My favorite bands are: The Clash, Ramones, Sex Pistols, Boomtown Rats, The Jam, The Buzzcocks, Sham 69, UK Subs and the Subhumans.
    [​IMG]

2. 7leafclover

7leafclover Member

I do like the bands that you mentioned alot. But its a shame what bands like Good Charlotte, Blink 182, etc. are doing to punk.

3. JoneeEarthquake

JoneeEarthquake Member

If you like the 70's stuff, listen to the 2 bands that started it all back in the late late 60's. The Stooges and The Velvet Underground

4. MeatWagon499

MeatWagon499 Senior Member

old punks great, new punks great, oi kicks ass, everything inbetween is great too what can i say i love punk

blackflag, DOA, dead kennedys, agent orange, uk subs, subhumans, the exploited, the casualties, violent society, the unseen, bad brains, the business, angelic upstarts, propagandhi, buzzcocks, circle jerks, clit45, cocksparrer, devotchkas, endless struggle, minor threat, a global threat, infa riot, lower class brats, major accident, oi polloi, op ivy (gotta love punk ska), oxymoron, rise against, bad religion, anti-nowhere league, anti-flag, agent 51, and against all authority

im not hardcore into the looking like a punk thing, i dress normal except for my boots, and i do my hair sometimes in liberty spikes when i have the time. its all about the music though :) its taught me so much

5. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Damn punk is the music of my soul. Oi Oi Oi! lol. Dead Kennedy's, Exploited, Clash, Generation X, Minor Threat, Casualties, Anti-Flag, Old Rancid, Alkaline Trio, Against Me!, Misfits and lots more.

6. Spinner

Spinner Member

I guess it's okay. I listen to everything so it really doesn't matter.
    :D

7. MeatWagon499

oi oi to that! im glad people are into punk its kinda dying

8. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Yeah, I really like early punk music, like the Ramones, The Sex Pistols, The Clash... the Ramones being my favorite. I also like weirder stuff like Pere Ubu, and I love that album by Wire, I forgot what it's called but it's a parody of punk music from the late 70's.
    I also love proto-punk bands like the Stooges, for example...

9. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

?Is the album ¨Pink Flag¨ by Wire because that one is fantastic¿

10. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Oh yeah! It's that one, thanks :)

11. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

yea the old punk bands are awsome. i dont listen very often bhut they are good. i hate new music...

12. MeatWagon499

the new stuff is still good if not better than the old stuff

it relates more to shit going on now anyways (like anti-flags new CD for instance). a global threat has alot of great lyrics in their songs, probably one of the greatest new punk bands to emerge in my opinion.

13. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

What bothers me with new punk music is that most of it has turned so fucking commercial... and it all sounds the same. Also I can't stand all the fashion thing going around it, so many people call themselves punks and don't even know what it's about, also some of it has turned violent and at first it wasn't supposed to be. It's just like the whole hippy thing, and the rasta thing, and such... all is good at first but then, for most of it unfortunately, it turns bad because of the commercialization of it.

14. MeatWagon499

yea alot of oi skins turned into nazi's =/
    theres posers with everything though, some people are just attention whores. but most punk has stayed fast and hard, with good lyrics, so i cant complain.

15. Animaliberation

Animaliberation Member

See the thing is they are not punk. Punk is a lifestyle, and few people are true punks anymore. No one can try to make it how it used to be.

16. MeatWagon499

animalliberation is totally right. punk is non conformist, and they have conformed like other bands to sell out and be on MTV. they are pretty much a punk for little kids and teenage girls, because everyone wants to be "hardcore" nowadays, its what sells. and until people get tired of the same kinds of bands theyre gunna be around, but at least it keeps most of the posers away.

17. Day Dreamer

Day Dreamer Member

I don't know much about the whole punk philosophy, could you outline it for me?

18. MeatWagon499

the punk philosophy is pretty much "fuck you", "i dont care" lol. The "real" punks arent really concerned with their looks at all, and the few ones i know dont wear studs or jackets, just spiked hair sometimes. Punk is about rebelling against the system, and not conforming. all punks are against the government, most are atheists, and most do drugs/drink. i do know of some straight edge punks and a christian punk band (pretty funny, they practice at their church lol).

19. Day Dreamer

Day Dreamer Member

ah, I see. Thanks for the enlightenment.

Not to offend any punk lovers out there, but that sounds pretty childish.

20. MeatWagon499

well when your as sick of the world and the people in it as I am, it just comes naturally.