Punk Influence

Discussion in 'Music' started by DarkLunacy, May 11, 2004.

?

Most influention punk band

1. Dead Kennedys

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The Clash

9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. Ramones

12 vote(s)
    23.5%
  4. Misfits

10 vote(s)
    19.6%
  5. Exploited

2 vote(s)
    3.9%
  6. Motorhead

2 vote(s)
    3.9%
  7. Minor Threat

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  8. Sex Pistols

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Anti-Flag

15 vote(s)
    29.4%
  10. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jox

Jox Member

Sorry dude, not only is punk dead, it never really existed. All it was was a fashion trend for the ignorant people who refused to accept that they had it good. All you "punks" need to try to live in a third world country to learn what it really means to rebel. All you are doing is refusing to grow up and learn that everything that punk stood for has died or been proven false. Sorry, but if you don't believe me you can run off a list of the punk agenda, and I will be happy to prove every bit of it wrong for you. Face it, it was just a fad in the 80's that people won't get over. If you are gonna point out the problems in society, you better damn well have some working solutions in mind. Otherwise, you are just bitching.

"We had nothing to offer as an alternative to the way things were. All we were was proof that things weren't working. And now that punk has enjoyed a certain acceptance in the mainstream, the power to offend, subvert, shock, or illumine is lost. What's next?"
    Devon Brock, ex-singer in Out of Order

2. triangle_soul

triangle_soul Banned

actually the ramones are one of the biggest influence on music today. but i like punk like the queers and screeching weasel

3. themakerofmonkeys

themakerofmonkeys Member

its kinda funny that every thread that talks about punk theres always people who hate it..even in the ones where they arent even asking there opinion if they like it or not.

BUT, i was stuck between exploited and the clash..for many reasons and to lazy to put down..

4. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

the clash, the sex pistols, the damned and the stiff little fingers.

i see them as the originals.

5. clever_username

clever_username Member

Is there anything more entertaining that a fight about what bands are "punk" and what bands are not?

Anyway: In response to the question, Im going to say: Public Image Limited and/or the Buzzcocks.

Spiral Scratch (the first Buzzcocks EP) wasnt the first independently released record on earth, but it was the first one that was released by total novices who had no connections to the recording industry. It kick started DIY.

PiL was effectively a recognition of the fact that, within 12 months, the Sex Pistols style of punk rock was boring. It was an argument that: If you wanna be rebellious and anti-authority, how about you totally step away from all rock and roll tradition of the past and create something new rather than just re-heating the past.

6. WhisperingWoods

WhisperingWoods too far gone

ouu tough call for me between the clash and dead kennedys, but I picked DK for their raw power.

7. wa bluska wica

wa bluska wica Pedestrian

flipper

[the anti-punk group]

tho my first hearing of the sex pistols was what woke me out of a lifelong coma

edited to say that the most influential punk group in california was the germs

prepunk - iggy

ny punk - ramones

uk punk - pistols, clash

postpunk - joy division

hardcore - germs

[i shut up now]

8. Greengirl

Greengirl Senior Member

The Casualties, Black Flag, Negative approach, Bad Brains, Crass, Minor threat, I-reject, The exploited, Limp Wrist, Kokosha glava, Hipodil, Kontrol..kha cant pic just one

9. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

Cock Sparrer.

10. edenfield

edenfield Member

i remember going to see these guys...uh i got squished by the pogo dance haha, i ended up on someones shoulders for safety...lol...everyone was chucking their beer at them...i was most shocked

11. zippolite

zippolite Member

black flag dude

wtf? were are they?

12. cheech & chong

cheech & chong Member

I agree! who in the hell calls themself a punk fan without even speaking of the most important one of all.

13. SunDweller1989

SunDweller1989 Member

I voted other and it was meant for Crass. Why are Anti-Flag up there?

14. thehippie_08

thehippie_08 that girl

THE MISFITS!!!!!!!
    THE MISFITS!!!!!!!
    THE MISFITS!!!!!!!
    THE MISFITS!!!!!!!

Glenn Danzig is a god.

15. Buddha Fish

Buddha Fish wanderin' fish

I'd have to say sublime is my punk influence. (punk/ska)