Pueblo, Colorado... Thoughts About This Small City?

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by GoingHome, Jan 5, 2015.

1. GoingHome

GoingHome Further Within

Just worried it's too isolated from the rest of the country? You'd have to drive....? How many hours? To reach anything outside the Front Range.
    [​IMG]

2. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

I lover Summit, Lake, Eagle and Gunnison counties. Very beautiful! Colorado native myself.

3. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

1 person likes this.
  4. notrick

notrick Members

A girlfriend and I drove our tricked out van with double batteries, 16 band 4 chanel stereo and mini TV--2 1=AA batterie reading lamps for each of us.

We drove into the peninsula to a dead end and fell asleep on Dec. 23, The next morming we woke up to 7" of the quietest, whitest morning I've ever experienced. With 1000mcg/s of blue liquid LSD and 1 Kilo of MDMA we picked up at a hog Farm lab in Oregon to deliver to Seattle for Jerry garcia Band show--we went hiking and don't remember a sound. We got back to the van and heated it up so we could wash one of the best Acid trips off in a long line of high quality trips off the next morning we made it to a road of sorts and had ecstasy and Miso soup for dinner. By noon the snow was lite enough to to drive a bit but christmas night we smoked some Persian heroine, and did mist of cocain -- more drugs than we normaly did in a year.

We made it to Seattle for the second set of the JGB show.

I've sailed all over the Puget Sound, and worked for NOAA out of Kodiak and Dutch Harbor--N, Pacific for UN on Japaness driftnet vessels.

I mostly live in a small village on the N. Shore of Kauai' on the N end of the Na Pali Coast.

Lifes good

5. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Place looks like a dump

https://youtu.be/gBFmhnech90

Hotwater

6. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

I've been back a few times in recent months. Legal pot has scarred Colorado.
    Much like the rise of skiing, outside people and money, but far less money than people, the state isn't intergrating newcomers well.

People are camping willynilly, trying to do butane extraction IN THE WOODS. What were once places of refuge and now places of refuse.
    The old time Forest campers know to clean up, and what not to do, because fires suck.

These newbies? They will cause another Hayman.

1 person likes this.
  7. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

They don't accept natives back "into the lot" very well either.

All those damned highly unedumacated buffoons and twits that come in from out of state, decide to "califoniate" heaven, thus destroying it, then they bitch and moan "wah! we need more laws to make it more like the fucking shithole we escaped from!"

It was the best place on Earth for a reason, now it's destroyed.

8. GoingHome

GoingHome Further Within

Well...you all are safe from me, I've chosen another destination.
    '*whew*!', right?

9. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Oh please, it's always Californians huh...I've heard that cry from rednecks in every western state I've lived, and I've lived in most of them.

Boo hoo, someone move to your town and got involved in the political process and you didn't...

tjr1964 likes this.
  10. Vickerycr

Vickerycr Members

Great discussion, information has beem useful!

I have been strongly considering moving to the Moffat area due to open land, cheap price, amd vast wilderness. I want to start an intentional homestead, small but with room to grow. I still need enough population around to make money in construction as a part time job. Can anyone suggest if any areas discussed, or possibly the area I mentioned are adequate for this lifestyle?

Thanks guys, your experience is invaluable.

11. Vickerycr

Vickerycr Members

I have been strongly considering moving to the Moffat area due to open land, cheap price, amd vast wilderness. I want to start an intentional homestead, small but with room to grow. I still need enough population around to make money in construction as a part time job. Can anyone suggest if any areas discussed, or possibly the area I mentioned are adequate for this lifestyle?

12. ishikabe

ishikabe Member

I might be moving there soon.

tjr1964 and ~Zen~ like this.
  13. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

My cousin lives there. He got tired of Colorado Springs. I visited him last October. It's an ok place, but I don't like that part of Colorado.

14. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

I think it's OK especially compared to some alternatives involving urban sprawl or being in a mega city.

From there you can scoot west into the mountains without going thru the Denver/Boulder sprawl.

15. tjr1964

tjr1964 Members

I lived in Pueblo, right by Mineral Palace Park, on Blake and 17th St.

I grew up in tough sides of town in LA and Fresno , California.
    Never had any problems with people there in Pueblo .
    The people were nice and had more class and dignity, compared to Fresno .

One thing, when I got to Pueblo, I got a job on my first day of searching for work, two days later, I found a second job.
    Two weeks later, I got a job at a Music Store as a salesman and guitar teacher , that paid 25% more than those two other jobs combined.

I wouldn't mind moving back to Pueblo .

drumminmama and ~Zen~ like this.
  16. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

I hope the housing situation is easing up. So may have moved to Colorado in search of the cannabis freedom dream, and other reasons. I hear it is difficult finding a place there at this time.

tjr1964 likes this.
  17. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

I visited my cousin, and his wife, two years ago. They moved from C-springs to Pueblo. I really liked the downtown area.

tjr1964 and ~Zen~ like this.
  18. tjr1964

tjr1964 Members

I really want to move my Family there . The place is not bad at all.
    The River Walk is beautiful .... I wanna go back !!!!

19. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

I agree