Pubs

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Luis crazy burst Alvarez, Dec 4, 2017.

1. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Not exactly a pub but there was a pool and billiards hall in Boise we used to go to that opened early in the morning. We'd go there for omelettes and a beer and shoot some pool. They had a good juke box also. Ah, the good ole days.

Irminsul likes this.
  2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

[​IMG]

6-eyed shaman and YouFreeMe like this.
  3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i like the idea of a full meal's worth of 'appatizers', but i could give a fart less about the booze.
    i'm guessing that by pubs is meant boozoriums that serve food.

(my understanding of the word 'pub' in other parts of the world, particularly british parts of it, is short for public house, which again, having never been there, no closer then victoria in b.c. canada, is a kind of small hotel, with kind of a bar, food, dartboard, billiards, friendly happy drunks not entirely obsessed with obliterating themselves. probably a totally bullshit thing from the movies or something. i really don't know.)

portland oregon had the right idea when i was there in the 80s, of requiring all of them to do so.
    and each had their own house specialty. even little pc&s, that i remember PorSFiS going to for 'afters'
    they had this thing, i forget what they called it, a pinapple ring between a sliced bagel with a schmeer, and heated in the microwave.

words change and their meanings, and i don't hang out with humans very much, so for all i know, you could all be talking about something i know completely nothing of.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I wish my local joint would update the jukebox. They haven't in 5 or 6 years. Not that new music is good, but their selection terrible anyway. One Metallica song. Fuck outta here and it's the memory remains.. Fuck outta here again. Before our old club burned down that jukebox was updated every week. It had like 10 Metallica songs.

5. Asmodean

Sounds like still one Metallica song too much :D

6. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

You guys are going to the wrong bars...Jesus.

7. Asmodean

I've got something to put in you

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm in love with this tiny little German pub here. It fits about 12 people

And there's a nice little Dutch cafe/pub here too

And an okay British pub, but only old people frequent it

These are all owned by people from Europe, when Americans try to do a pub it ends up looking like TGI Fridays

9. Asmodean

I wonder what makes it dutch! Except perhaps the owner?

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't remember the last time i saw a non-internet jukebox.

although even the internet jukeboxes are strangely limited. you'd think they would have access to pretty much every song, but really the selection isn't that much better than the older jukeboxes.

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The owners, the menu, the beer selection

12. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

13. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Perhaps he thought that you wanted him to perform some type of perverted sex act with you. Prior to joining HF, I thought that a cream pie was something that you bought at a bakers shop

14. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

15. Amethyst87F

Amethyst87F JesF35

I think your question was a really neat and original way to start up a conversation.

I don't think he should've gotten so upset with you.

It was after midnight though. Maybe he was just tired from the hour and the booze.

P.S. -- I made up the term "Junk Salad". That's a salad that has a bunch of unhealthy stuff in it. It's also my favorite. :)