Pubs

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Luis crazy burst Alvarez, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Luis crazy burst Alvarez

Luis crazy burst Alvarez Newbie

There was this one pub I went to like around 12 am. I asked this scraggly guy with gauges if he likes salad. Then he asked me "what kind of fucking question is that?" Then he told me to leave and he didn't even work there XD.

2. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I usually just order a drink

3. Luis crazy burst Alvarez

Okay. That seems like the normal thing to do.

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

so, what are your feelings on salad? are you a fan? were you at the pub looking for fellow salad aficionados?

5. Noserider

I like Caesar salad.

With chicken

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I found salads in America were a bit lacking in actual salad content. Like they did lettuce and cheese cubes and the bacon and the dressing, but it took 3 weeks and a stop in Ashville NC to get my first ceasar salad with carrots. And we mention this to the waitress that this is a good salad, it had carrots and pineapple and cucumber and even red capsicum. It was awesome the best salad by far at a golf club with a confederate graveyard. Hehe.

I remember the night well because this one older lady she was really into us and I thought dude, this chick wants my female bone both me and my partner felt it. But it was just a one night deal and driving from Roanoke VA had me tired so we drank, ate and drank and then retired to bed.

I read the next day that Ashville is a pretty groovy town into swinging, so maybe she did want the bone. :p

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't mind salads as an appetizer, but a salad alone is never a meal.

8. Luis crazy burst Alvarez

Alright. Maybe America wants you to make your own salad and be creative. There's so many grocery stores around every corner. You know how it's a nation about self fulfillment.

9. Luis crazy burst Alvarez

Salad alone for a meal is a good weight loss plan without the dressing and cheese.

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

if you have good enough self control, yeah. it's not filling though so if i were to try it, i would just end up eating something else afterward.

i've never needed to lose weight anyway, so that argument doesn't help me personally want to eat salad any more than i did before.

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I just visited for NASCAR, football & strip clubs. :p

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

And big fucken unhealthy burgers too! And corn dogs. And buffalo wings ALRIGHT I DIDN' EAT MUCH SALAD!

JOKES. I had a salad every 2nd day.

13. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

does europe not have strip clubs? i kind of assumed those were everywhere.

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yeah I hate that

Iceberg wedges were a thing for a while, literally a wedge from a head of lettuce, with onions and tomatoes on the side. And restaurants would charge $12 for this third of a head of lettuce when you can buy the whole head for under $1 at the store

Sometimes you can find a Greek or Italian restaurant here with a good Greek salad using real lettuce (I detest iceberg), olives, banana peppers, feta cheese, and I forget what else

I usually just make salads at home though, they do usually suck in restauraunts. Asheville is very...vegan though so makes sense they would know how to do a salad

15. Noserider

Depends on the salad. A chef salad or chicken caesar or something else with meat--I don't know, a steak salad?--and it transforms it.

Taco salads are also good, usually with some kind of ground beef.

16. Noserider

Outback's wedge salad was fucken bomb, yo

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I just dont get it

Iceberg lettuce is of the devil

18. Noserider

It definitely doesn't agree with me. I mean, I'm talking r0llinstoned type situations here. But I eat it anyway.

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I like the cos lettuce where you pull a piece off and it's perfect for a sammich.

20. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i will eat a taco salad for a meal on occasion.

i suppose i really don't give other "meal" salads a chance, just because if i'm at a restaurant that serves a chicken caesar (whatever that actually is), there's always something far more irresistible on the menu that i have to order instead.