Pubs and breweries

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by John221, Dec 29, 2004.

1. John221

John221 Senior Member

Bit of an unusual question, but does anybody know the best way of finding out which brewery a particular pub is contracted with? Without actually asking the people who work there?

2. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

*is intruiged* why do you ask!?

3. John221

John221 Senior Member

Because, errrm...basically, there's a pub that I go to every week (even though it's a bit of a shithole) and they pissed me off recently by ripping everyone off near to christmas, they made us pay an entrance fee and knocked up all the prices on the drinks.

Now, this pub sells cans and bottles out of multi-packs, which I'm pretty sure isn't actually legal...so I want to grass them up to the brewery, and get the landlord sacked.

4. ArtLoveMusic

if they are a free house i guess they would be in more trouble. However i dont see how it would be cost efficient to sell out of multi packs when its cheeper to buy holesale.

5. ArtLoveMusic

technically if they are breaking the law with selling dodgy drinks and over charging then he has a right as a consumer to complain.

6. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

Any landlord who charges for entrance to a pub at xmas doesn't get much sympathy in my book.

7. John221

John221 Senior Member

Well, I'm going there tonight, just to see my friends and to meet my girlfriend, as she's staying over and going out together makes things a whole lot easier...so, anyway, we'll see.

8. DoktorAtomik

I agree with Meng. It's still his local. Why shouldn't he drink in there? Doesn't mean he can't complain, does it?

9. DoktorAtomik

Or perhaps I'm pissed :p