Psychological problems...

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by zeppelin kid, Jun 17, 2006.

1. zeppelin kid

zeppelin kid Member

Why do certain people suffer from psychological problems then other people. It doesn't make any sense to me. Yes some families have a gene where you may be weaker on a mental standpoint but its unfair that some people have to go through life in hell while others can handle just about any mental trauma and live on.

2. lalalamort

lalalamort Fucked up upstairs

lifes a bitch

3. myself

myself just me

They say,
    'Life is what happens while you are making other plans.'
    Psychological problems are not always tied up to heredity.
    Heaven knows what event is apt to cause a depression, an eating disorder, a distrust of all people...
    Age change has to do with it sometimes. You just can't handle it. Change is difficult. You have to get ready to accept your new status, to be able to form new relationships with people, your social role and your responsibilities change... Sometimes change hits you and you don't know what hit you, other times you just can't picture yourself in the new stage of your life...

4. zeppelin kid

zeppelin kid Member

:Lifes a bitch...

5. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

There's another saying, "Fire melts butter but it hardens steel." Some people are butter while others are steel. Wartime soldiers are a great example of this; while some end up with post traumatic stress disorder, others are able to shrug off their wartime experiences.

Some of it is heredity, some is environment. You can be born oversensitive but with a good upbringing you can become more durable.

6. myself

myself just me

Maybe it's too much sensitivity that causes psychological problems...

7. zeppelin kid

zeppelin kid Member

You might be on to something....

8. questing400

questing400 Senior Member

Yeah, but I would never give up being sensitive that enriches your life a lot. The trick is, I think, to know when you can open yourself up to a situation or person.

9. Green

Green Iconoclastic

It affects some of them.

10. spooner

spooner is done.

people are overly sensitive.

11. DayTripping

DayTripping Member

i've suffered through extream anxiety and panic attacks as well as depression..i've self medicated, tried counseling and perscription drugs. now i'm sober and off all meds. i finally just faced the fact that the worst thing that can happen to me is death. everything else is just trivial. now i dont let anything bother me, unless its going to lead to my death, and that hasnt happened yet. BUT i'm still sensitive. i can just feel things about people an dmy environment but instead of freaking out or getting depressed i look for ways to improve the situation. i'm by no means 100 percent ok but these stratagies have improved my lif ea ton without meds.

12. drazil

drazil Member

there r no psychological problems.its all in the mind.like our mind