psychics witch doctors n shit..

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by broony, Aug 9, 2013.

1. broony

broony Banned

have you gone to a fortune teller..

or psychic, or witch doctor in the jungle, a sorcerer, prophet, or shamanistic healer or talk to someone with powerful abilities, or something similar, for advice...

i have not talked to anyone like this.

a guy i worked with taked to a few shamans in south ameria..during two seperate trips.

ive talked to a few people for a day that i think some might call an angels of some kind... but nothing else..

you?

2. PinkEye

PinkEye Member Lifetime Supporter

No, but I saw two tarot card readers at saturday market. Had I had the money I'd have gone to both. Putting ones reading against the others. They were close enough to see what I was doing. But I'm poor so no fun for me.

3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Speaking of witch doctors and voodoo .....:eek:

A Cadillac-driving OUI suspect — charged with running a Boston Globe delivery truck off Interstate 93 and onto the Leverett Connector — was carryingthree EBT cards, mocked a cop “for paying for food when she gets it for free”and threatened to put a voodoo curse on him, according to a police report.

“She repeatedly called me a racist and told me she was from Haiti and she
    was gonna ‘put voodoo on my white (expletive)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic1tE405CHI"]Delivery truck tumbles nearly 40 feet - YouTube

Hotwater

4. foresting

foresting Member

I haven't.
    But I do use oracle card readings for myself and the results to questions are really accurate and spooky sometimes. I believe that the universe gives you the exact experience you need at the right moment however, so its not really that strange at all.

5. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

no, I see some shops like that but assume that they're just gonna tell you some kinda flim flam and take ur money

I don't think that's what you were talking about tho, I think I know what youre talkin about and heh, that'd definitely be trippy as fuck...:eek:

6. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Hmm... Its a big big topic. One I try and avoid exploring too far, personally. There are some experts on HF on this.

I've read Tarot for myself. It can be brutally, *brutally* honest. Which is too much for many people.

You should think very, very carefully before summonsing up angels, or what you *think* are angels..

2 friends of mine went to a psychic. Everyone will have their own views of this stuff. However, it was perhaps not the best decision for them to meet this psychic. I'm not saying any of it was anyone's fault, its just the way things happened.

The truth can be a brutal weapon. But yes, its a big topic.

7. broony

broony Banned

more answers must be talked about

8. broony

broony Banned

discuss, now.

muahahahahaha

:)

9. IamnotaMan

Ok 2 friends. One died. The other nearly died. Sort of sp.eaks intong.ues. Has been ill for years. I don't think the psychic is to blame in any way. But.. hmm perhaps there are there some things that should be left alone, unless you fully understand how to handle them?

I mean you don't even need to believe in psychic stuff. BUT it can have a dramatic effect on the wrong people..

And this is ALL true btw.

10. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

I put a crystal under my mattress to get better dreams.

It worked! I had all kinds of horrifyingly vivid dreams, lol.

I removed it a few days ago and have had better sleep since then.

I should have consulted an expert (psychic or witch doctor) on what type of crystal to use. They know things and stuff.

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the person i met in the place that wasn't there the next time i went back was a palmist, among other things.

12. IamnotaMan

You can have your dreams programmed without even noticing.
    Someone on here had a sig picture about a journey. I'd never consciously noticed it. Then I had a long dream, and I woke up thinking "why did I dream all that". Then I noticed there was a sig pic of it here.. Weird.......... lol

I'm sure advertising does this eg when you can't consciously remember what the ad was for..

13. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

My maternal grandmother claimed she could "Read" people.
    People would come to her and pay for a "Reading" at her house.
    Several of my friends talked to her, one refused to go back, my wife claims she was pretty accurate.

My father claimed she just knew how to draw things out of people due to her knowledge of local gossip and being able to deduce stuff from talking to you.
    She "Read" me once but just said "Oh, you'll do all right." and quit. I think because I don't talk much so much.
    I've done "alright".

When I was a little child...she would tell us a story about some guy that would come to her house to play cards. She was always playing cards. So they were playing every week for a couple months and one day someone dropped a card on the floor. When he reached down to pick it up he saw the guy's feet.....they were hooves! The dude jumped up and ran out the door, never to be seen again.
    She claimed he was the devil.

I think it was an old Italian folk tale.

14. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

I just turned 49, and I know what you're saying because I've been trying to figure out dreams for a good number `o years, thank you.

This was a whole nuther ballgame tho.

My dreams became more and more real after the first couple months, without even trying stuff like concentrating on the crystal. I'd pretty much forgotten about it even being there under my mattress.

I could do things in my dreams I'd never done before like count and spend money, look at a clock and realise what time it was, read, see something vibrating and feel it as well.

I've had stuff happen around me (in dreams) that should have made me panic and wake up in a pool of sweat shivering from fear, but I'm not affraid of it so it rolls off.

Heck, there was even some zombie or demon coming up out of the floor and I stomped on its head until it went back down, lol. Really, I can watch the most horrifying monster movie before going to bed and have a dream about some awesome sex.

Besides the dreams being a little too real, and kind of exhausting some nights.

I decided to pull that crystal out from under my bed after one dream where I think I astro projected my mind into someone elses body.

I could see through that persons eyes. See and feel what that person was doing in their dream (at least I hope it was a dreaming person I was in, cuz WOW)!

I knew I was me and where I was, but the person didn't know I was there in their head. I couldn't read that persons thoughts, but I knew that person was being deceptive to the other person we were interacting with (physically).

And when I say "We" I mean the person who was doing what they were doing. I had no control/sayso in what was going on. I didn't even know how to get out of it, though I wasn't trying to, I just woke up, or my alarm went off.

This post is getting too long, but I had to add that just in case anyone tries to pin the word "deceptive" on my psyche. I don't think about that kind of shit, so I wouldn't dream about me doing it, or for that matter want to be in someone elses head watching/feeling them do it.

BTW, no one was hurt in the dream mentioned above, real or imaginary.

I should have put this in the mind fuck forum, but I had to answer a reply to my post here, lol.

15. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I visited a shaman deep in the Amazon. Did an ayahuasca session and experienced the pure, raw power of it. Depending how you use it, it's not just a drug, but it's a life lesson.

16. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

To clarify, a witch doctor and a shaman are generally supposed to be the same thing; 'shaman' has become a straightforward umbrella term taken from the language spoken within a specific Siberian tribal region which is now used to categorize by catholic association of content those archaic techniques of ecstasy found within indigenous cultures around the globe with only occasionally remarkable deviations, these being typically imposed by missionaries and other religious organizations which have come into contact with natives. 'Witch doctor' has been used as a pejorative term within the early social sciences to describe these same people, because although the shaman by default dwells in any number of altered states of consciousness during a trance, he (or she) also practices practical medicinal arts and it is believed by many primitives (and especially so by those of South America) that physical and mental illnesses are frequently caused by 'witches' and 'sorcerers', that is to say, practitioners of black magic.

In passing, I think it is interesting to note the revival of interest in shamanism which has grown exponentially during the past several decades in the form of neoshamanism, which in broader consideration can be expanded to include the New Age mysticism. The alarming rate of rising numbers in shamanic tourism specifically to the South American contient is certainly to be understood as sympotmatic of a profound malady that exists within the pockmarked Western cultural sensorium, but I believe it reveals a fundamental state of pervasive naïveté expectedly on the part of those of us in North America and shamefully on the part of those born and raised in Europe. This naïveté I speak of takes form in the rudimentary mental constructs we have established as routine in trying to integrate the cultural values of an indigenous people into our own, and the folly of youth in believing that this is something new, something ground-breaking, meanwhile it's been going on repeatedly for centuries and a wall travelled path has been mapped out which we are ignoring.

Hisorically we tend to assume this ideology originates with Rousseau, but in fact it goes much further back, the archetypal 'bon sauvage' as existing in literature giving rise to Romantic primitivism, and indeed there were early instances of thinking this way to be found in ancient Greek and Roman texts. It was part of the driving forces behind the schism initiated by Luther's 95 Theses called the Protestant Reformation, and over on our side of the ocean, the American school of Transcendentalism explored this avenue deeply, most notably in the perrenially popular book called Walden by Henry David Thoreau. It is ultimately a contempt by malaise, holding in regard the culture which has gone mad with progress as inherently sick and without a solid foundation; the urgency felt to get in touch with ones roots takes expression outside of the art world in everyday people in the form of camping, hiking, hunting and fishing. We have our own tribal initiation ceremonies, rites of passage into manhood, in every hilly backwoods and forested jabip. What I consider to be foolish about the Ayahuasca tourism (and of course the Mexican mushroom tourism begun in the fifties) is this distillation of ancient ecstatic techniques to fit within the context of a cultural framework; many people would be surprised to know that these very Ayahuasca religions only differ from Christianity in terminology and an emphasis placed on experiential spiritual communion in the raw by inducing the intoxicated altered states, but at the core they are no less patriarchal, homophobic and xenophobic and as with every tradition, it is elementary at best to take the best and leave the rest. If one is not intending to adopt a belief system, it is better to not get involved at all, in my opinion, beyond the extent of an observer, a chronicler, explorer.

Plant medicines are quite possibly my most cherished interest for study, and it is largely biologists, geographers, anthropologists, and ethnobotanists who represent the closest thing to my idyllic role models in life, outside of certain writers and artists. I've consumed copious quantities of N,n-DMT and Psylocibin (among many other psychedelic compounds) and am devoted to the interdisciplinary approach to internal cartography, but I am wary of the revival of interest in Ayahuasca because up until the past century it has existed on the threshold of the known world, within a cultural network dissociated from our own, and although it does serve their needs perfectly well, I don't think it appropriate for those of us on this side of the conscious penumbra to adopt a 'doctor - patient' methodology in handling plant medicines. While I understand that this is all necessary (i.e. I am essentially a predeterminist and I do hold the belief that there is, in a sense, a "Mother Ayahausca", a guiding hand to the growing vine phenomenon) in order to turn the gears of integration and eventual legalisation, I am hesitant to believe that dropping ones historical rigidity for a sudden experience of animism is unhealthy. Ridding the psyche of conscious barbs and cleansing the unconscious of core rot is absolutely healthy, and something everybody should do (not necessarily by psychedelic drugs and plants) but we should be doing it on our own terms; unfortunately in our culture, if it is not considered as a religious right, it is not considered anything at all and thus we are forced to approach the lawmakers under such a ruse in the meantime. For my part, I can only dream of the day when I can walk to the local chemist and legally purchase psychedelics for use as I see fit, without having to stuff the light under a cap, without having to submit myself to the whims of an intermediary. The experience of God, and the experience of the plant teacher is something that is divine in the raw, and should not be subjugated to the personality of a spirit medium. While some may benefit from this (I understand that not everybody is prepared to undergo the transformation without a human guide), I do not think this should represent the majority nor infringe upon the supposed sovereign birthright of self exploration we presume to inherent as-is.

To directly respond to this thread, I've had few experiences with the occult and slightly more with mystics; I've been at times a student of Eastern philosophy and esoterics and am deeply interested in Western branches of magico-religious thinking, from alchemy to folklore and existentialism to neoclassicism. I respond most directly to the arts and feel that as someone born into the West, I owe it to my ancestors to familiarize myself with the history of their efforts, without being dismissive. However I do not believe in prophecy or magic in the conventional sense, but do believe that these things are absolutely real, however grossly misunderstood. The only of these arts I hold as possibly being navigable at face value is astrology, but it is a disorienting subject for someone with only a passing curiosity like myself. Something to be borne in mind when studying shamanism as it exists across the world; these people who have existed as they do now well deep into the hazy amnesiac prehistory before recorded time, have healed with plants diseases which they considered to be caused by external sources, agents and pathogens delivered to the recipient by either malevolent spirits or other humans and animals, and developed a medicinal practice to handle this. In the West, our understanding of disease (both of the physical and the psychological senses) as exemplified in Heraclitus was that it is caused by an internal balance of four fundamental fluids, and the medicinal arts set about establishing equilibrium. It was not until Paracelsus in the 16th century extrapolated from hermeticism the concept that man contracted disease by external natural sources that we began to understand that which shamans appear to have understood for a long, long time. This is something which I believe we largely take for granted and so overlook; meanwhile we focus on the egocentric adventure of confronting the ego by botanical psychoanalysis with the intention of liberating the soul from the claws of that very same ego. In an age where absurdism permeates every facet of art and entertainment, this should be nothing to marvel at. And yet I can't help but laugh in awestruck wonder.

17. acuarela

acuarela Member

^I love you^

18. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

*mwah*