Psychic Ability

Discussion in 'Psychic' started by Forever Edger, Oct 13, 2022.

1. Forever Edger

Forever Edger Senior Member

"Psychic ability does not have an on and off switch".

I wrote that in my published Tarot book. Many people don't understand psychic people. We are not "switched on" at will. And, there are many types of psychic ability.

The Rider-Waite deck is a trip wire for me and has always been when I give readings.

Almost everyone is psychic when very young. Imaginary friends for example. Yet, parents, socialization, religion, peer pressure shuts down that world quickly, and whatever psychic ability children were born with is extinguished.

Yet simple exercises can reopen that psychic doorway later in life. Candle gazing is one. Connecting with nature, in the woods. Depending on the person, it can take a while.

Psychic ability comes in many forms. Smell, taste, hearing, "flashes" of insight, feelings from touching an object, dreams. Specific trip wires that one discovers.

But most important patience is required.

DrRainbow and Toker like this.
  2. Forever Edger

Clutter is a good point thus setting a space is very important. When I went to psychic shows to do Tarot Readings before Covid I went through an inner "clearing" after my table was set up. My trip wire is my Rider-Waite decks. I have a deep connection with them. I do long distance readings but I use the same technique. I used to take breaks too at shows.

3. Toker

Toker Lifetime Supporter

Check out the old tv show "One Step Beyond" for many apparently true stories of unexplained psychic phenomena. I've looked up some of the events they portray, and yes there are news reports from those time periods telling the story of psychic episodes.

Scientists study the conscious mind, but don't have a clue about the true nature of our subconscious. I think there's activity on the subatomic level that accounts for our unconscious thoughts and feelings, especially concerning others.

Astrology can also be explained by referring to forces operating on the subatomic level which can then influence our thoughts and feelings. It's all tied together. ‍♂️

4. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

links help x

5. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

6. Forever Edger

In his book The Eagle's Quest Fred Alan Wolf a physicist describes how quantum physics is at the heart of shamanism and psychic related events during ceremonies. So you are on the right track. Spontaneous healings and such phenomena too is at the heart of quantum physics. There are many things we just do not know about the universe, and for that matter a Creational force. I did mention in my Tarot book that most children are psychic, just that society, peer presure, organizized religion, socialization shuts that down. I describe simple exercices that can help open up those doors later on in life such as candle gazing 15 minutes a day. It is an exercise without expectations, gazing at a candle while thinking of nothing, and over time helps open up pathways that were lost.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
    Toker likes this.
  7. straightma1e

straightma1e Members

I do believe everybody, no matter the age, still has some psychic intuition in them. How often have you known something about to take place and already know the outcome. I'm not saying that knowing the inevitable will happen as being psychic. Example of the inevitable is watching someone walking towards a closed door while concentrating on their phone and running right into it. Being psychic is when you become aware in your mind of something, anything that may happen, and know the outcome. You just know that someone or something is going to happen without any prior indication that it will.

8. Peaceful_LotusFlower

Peaceful_LotusFlower Member

I completely agree with this and it has happened to me a few times during my life. I have no idea where the thought came from or anything but certain moments popped into my head and it ended up happening later on that week. I thought it was strange, but I didn't tell anyone about it because I know how people would react to it and not believe me. Anytime something like this happens, I usually keep it to myself.

scratcho and Toker like this.
  9. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Sure. It's only for you. Peace. Even if you effect a miracle psychic healing, why say anything?

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

some things actually work better when you DON'T focus on them.

11. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

I'm not saying that there's no such thing as "psychics" the way that The Mentalist would declare on every episode (great show, that) - my youngest sister was said by mom to be more precisely intuitional than the average bear, and there were a couple of instances where I perceived that for myself. My own intuition has served me remarkably well at times - saved me from harm, forewarned me of unpleasant experiences on their way.

But, is there anything more probable than the humongous amount of fakery and fraud associated with "psychics"? Good Lord!

Forever Edger likes this.
  12. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Sometimes psychics are just good hand-holders. They can be wise councilors no matter what
    they may say about Grandma being your angelic spirit guide. They practice an art form?

13. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

Being a con artist is a art form, yes.

14. Forever Edger

It's just something that is difficult to explain, especially when I do Tarot readings. My deck is a trip wire. The cards may not align with a book solution at all and it is a "knowing" what the card or card combinations mean. It is instantaneous.

15. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Hand-holders have value. I am a psychic who works for free and am not particularly
    committed to hand-holding. I put the money-earning thing into the future. Someday
    many people will buy me a pleasant little house and a nice piano.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2023
  16. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

Hand-holders can be very comforting.

17. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

18. Tman58

Tman58 Senior Member

So true! As a child, I remember those moments of clarity. As we get older, we lose that ability. We're taught not to trust it 'our gut'.

Forever Edger likes this.
  19. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

A practice of hallucination can be helpful. One should very keen on what is real or not and when
    hallucination is actually useful like a dream may be. Come on! Sometimes I need help knowing
    what a dream is most importantly about. I have an oracle device, and I guess talking to a friend
    is good also.