Psychedelics Books

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by Peaceful_LotusFlower, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Peaceful_LotusFlower

Peaceful_LotusFlower Member

Is there any spiritual books on Psychedelics? Or know of any? I'd love to read some if there's any. Even if it's a Philosophy book, I just would like to read one. Give me some titles or Authors to check out if you know of any. Thank you! I always love learning and absorbing my mind into something new. :blush:

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

It's not spiritual and at best could be considered quasi-philosophical but

Food of the Gods - Terence Mckenna

He goes in depth on psychedelics, provides some critiques of Western Civilization and takes what I'll call a pseudoarcheological approach to promote some interesting hypotheses.

The Doors of Perception - Aldous Huxley

Details his experience with mescaline and provides some interesting perspectives.

DMT: The Spirit Molecule - Rick Strassman

Written primarily from his position as a psychiatrist but incorporates themes of Buddhism and speculation about his experiments of delivering DMT to test subjects.

Peaceful_LotusFlower likes this.
  3. Peaceful_LotusFlower

Peaceful_LotusFlower Member

Thank you for these suggestions, I'll be sure to check them out!

They can be philosophical too. I wouldn't mind now thinking about it. I'm just trying to read about new subjects and keep my mind busy during this isolation.

Thanks again!! :hearteyes:

guerillabedlam likes this.
  4. DiagonalZone

DiagonalZone Member

The other post had great places to start but there is an infinity of books on shamanism you could eventually find and work through if youre intrigued

Peaceful_LotusFlower likes this.