Psychedelic Bump XXXIV

Discussion in 'Synthetic Drugs' started by Octopus.Tenticals, Apr 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

You need the right DMT. Having smoked stuff from several sources if you want the machine elves it takes some careful preparation. I have 2 or 3 kinds now but no proper pipe to smoke it.

2. Popularity

Popularity Senior Member

What I've discovered is that it's very difficult to be eager to smoke it on any given day and then follow through with it haha. It's rather intimidating. Or should I say my perception of it is intimidating. Do you have some still?

Interesting. Considering the very pronounced effects I received from only one to two weak tokes smoking it with only the sandwich method, I'm fairly optimistic about it being able to get me to the other side. I am dying to get the glass vapor genie though, but it is way more pricier than I want it to be. The wooden version is half the price and I'm considering that. But people always swear by the machine method too. I made one, but I don't trust the mesh ball you're supposed to use.

3. unfocusedanakin

Maybe some people are more sensitive to it then others or maybe you what is "weak" to you was not more weak. Set are setting are huge too I suppose like with any psychedelic. Like I've seen two people take the same LSD in a night and one said it was mild and the other guy said he got so into music and was seeing his walls breath 14 hours latter. Brain chemistry at the time is huge.

Vapor genies are how I have used DMT often. A small sprinkle of weed and the DMT on a fresh screen. Sometimes a bowl of weed in the genie would have a little extra weirdness for a moment after. A nice bonus.

4. Popularity

Popularity Senior Member

I guess by "weak" I meant that I basically put the flame to it, got a harsh hit, and wasn't able to get all the material into my lungs.

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  5. thismoment

thismoment Member

I got to a point where dmt became too profound (or something) to use. Another way to say it is fearful - difficult to say fear of what.

6. Colimon

Colimon Cheesus Christo

I'm in the exact same boat at the moment. Just finished preparing a Mimosa/Acacia cook in a rather long drawn out process. Also purged a decent amount of DPT freebase. I've been wanting to smoke sometime soon, but I'm absolutely terrified for some reason. I am not worthy! I am not worthy! lol

7. unfocusedanakin

A genie will help that at least. Heat is also a big factor even slight contact of a flame could destroy a lot. But it sounds like it still works well in a pinch.

I have no experience with DPT. It seems interesting. How would you compare it to mushrooms or DMT if you have experience with either?

Colimon likes this.
  8. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I've found Sandwich method is enough to breakthrough at the Erowid Strong Range dose of 40-60 mgs, I've turned a few people onto it as well with success. Slow, steady inhalations with keeping the flame away from DMT has worked well for me but I always dosed +5 mgs to my intended dose, to account for potential burning of DMT. It sounds like you got pretty substantial effects from 12 mgs, however if you do attempt a breakthrough dose next time, to the trip sitter, you'll likely appear like you are sleeping or in a trance. The trip moves so rapidly that you don't really experience sensations in any conventional sense, but it can kind of leave you rattled coming down, it's just as likely it may leave you basking in a beautiful afterglow.

Colimon likes this.
  9. Colimon

Colimon Cheesus Christo

I can't decide which method is actually better to me. Of course, burning it not only tastes worse, it potentially loses some of the product in the process, but I seemingly randomly break through when the time is right no matter which method I use. Perhaps I've smoked stuff with various purity, but even the cyclohexane purged stuff seems to have varying effects. I've tripped extremely hard off of small doses one random day, but other days with the same method and even more smoke, I don't get anywhere close. A dabber rig is pretty high in my book. Even better with dipropyltryptamine since its freebase form is naturally a yellow/amber oil. I enjoy DPT potentially more than DMT itself. It has a more "gradual" comeup than the DMT "blast off". Reminds me of a strong dose of LSD working its magic in a fraction of the time. Also feels as though I am a small "piece" of the psychedelic realm rather than "zooming" through it like I do with DMT. Instead of going deep by visiting somewhere else, you go deep within yourself.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    guerillabedlam likes this.
  10. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

To piggyback on Colimon's response in regards to DPT... I prefer DMT because I don't feel there is any other trip, aside from perhaps Salvia Divinorum, that can catapult one into as "far out" realms as DMT can. However I've only injected DPT, and have not gone over 100 mgs, so perhaps it can do the same as well but for the most part I'd agree with Colimon's comparisons. I find with a "standard" dose of injected DPT (50 mgs) it is meditative material with fantastic visuals and an energy to it that's like overwhelming but euphoric at the same time, and doesn't necessarily require your mind to adapt to the experience. For the Higher doses I've explored, there is some absolutely amazing visuals and the DPT provides a sense of ultra-realism, like the sensation you may be "stuck" in that realm, but you don't necessarily remember Objective reality so it's not inherently frightening, however many of the visuals for me have taken on a rather grotesque nature, like limbs being disconnected from body and rather morbid entities appearing. I think there is more of a anesthetic quality with DPT in comparison to DMT.

I always felt like DPT and 5-meo-dmt were slightly veiled in a way, not quite as "direct" as DMT. I don't know if this necessarily implies anything about the nature of the trips but I think it's one factor as to why I prefer DMT.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    Colimon likes this.
  11. Popularity

Popularity Senior Member

Friends! I have been really excited to tell you guys that I finally had my first proper dose of LSD last night! Beyond that DMT trip a few weeks ago, it was my first trip since June 7th of 2014. Trip #32 and about 250μg. It was a great welcome back sort of feel. I became really nostalgic of that headspace and loved the familiar comical analyzation of things in a different light. Definitely helped with making sure I'm staying on a good path in life. It was a really nice mix of deep and weird, yet such a beauty and full of giggles. Definitely had an ab workout. Never experienced time dilation quite like that either. It was my first time dosing with my sister ever as well, and we're super close and had always wanted to trip together. Her bf was also present and was the one who dosed us... he has a very extensive history with his own research and had nothing but super high praises for the quality of the substance in all his years of dropping a crazy abundance of said chemical. Great way to ring in the new year!

thismoment and guerillabedlam like this.
  12. Popularity

Popularity Senior Member

I remember reading about DPT some time ago and what I took away from it that it was indeed dark in nature and easy to frighten. I wonder if that's really its nature or something else influences it. I remember reading about 2C-E back before I had even tripped before and was kind of nervous to try it because a lot of people reported it having a cold or dark, lifeless machine-like sort of personality to it. After having dosed 2C-E nine times, I never had that feeling toward it and it was always on par with the same lively characteristics as the majority of my trips on other substances.

thismoment likes this.
  13. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

A lot of people snort DPT and apparently it burns, so perhaps that is a variable that generally produces a more "frightening" experience compared to IM injection, which I've found quite smooth for transitioning into the experience. As I mentioned, I haven't had any DPT experiences that I'd consider "frightening", definitely some overwhelming, but grotesque images/visuals don't inherently equate to a frightening experience. I can understand how for some with less psychedelic experience and/or a particular disposition the trip could potentially be frightening though.

I think it is similar to your experience with 2ce in regards to generalized perceptions. For someone with substantial psychedelic experience, I say do not be deterred from exploring DPT based on such reports of it being frightening. It has a relatively steady Dose/Response Curve compared to many tryptamines and I think at moderate doses, it shines as a meditative experience, I remember listening to Tool on it for one trip and the music sounded amazing on it and I've even felt kind of horny on it, so there is potentially even some recreational value there as well, if one were so inclined, however I would not recommend exploring it in that fashion initially. I like the duration of it too, injected the main trip is about an hour and then there is about another half hour coming down before baseline. I believe insufflated, these durations are slightly extended. This timeframe allows you to delve into the experience a bit more than DMT, yet it doesn't require you to schedule your day around it like Mushrooms or LSD.

Popularity likes this.
  14. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

Pop, glad you finally got a real dose of LSD. 250 ug is a pretty hefty fuckin' dose.
    i haven't tripped now for over 10 months, which is the longest break i've had in about 10 years haha

reading the big and dandy miprocin thread kinda got me itching to take some of that again. i haven't tripped on anything besides L is like 3 years or something.

15. thismoment

thismoment Member

Over the waterfall, Pop! Great to read your trip report.

It's been about that long for me too, Pork. I think the last time was rolling at a park party last summer. It's been even longer since a deep psychedelic experience, except for dmt and changa.

16. porkstock41

yesterday was my one year anniversary of no tripping. it wasn't a goal or anything, just life getting in the way for the time being.

my last trip was in the arizona desert, camping with my brother on a couple hits of L. saw some awesome scenery, went off-roading (with a sober driver), saw a pack of wild donkeys!

i haven't went a whole year without tripping....maybe since i first started tripping in 2004. but certainly since 2008 when i ordered my first RC. i used to trip like every month, maybe mulitple times a month. then i tried to scale it back to once every 3 months (one trip per season)...and i found pretty difficult to limit myself to that. now an entire year goes by and i don't even have the time

i suspect that a lot of OG members from this thread are at similar stages in their lives. maybe part of the reason this forum is so dead lately?

Orison and Pete's Draggin' like this.
  17. Popularity

Popularity Senior Member

Don't go and pull a "Popularity" and not trip for three and a half years now, ya hear?

porkstock41 likes this.
  18. unfocusedanakin

Probably going to bust out some 2cb for a concert in a few weeks. Been since Christmas since I last tripped. I just wait for the time to feel right. And the CB is calling.

19. porkstock41

who are you going to see, anakin?

i've taken 2cb at a couple of concerts - Built to Spill (a pretty small dose, barely felt it), and Minus the Bear (shared some 2cb with a newbie for that one, pretty solid)

i've seen built to spill 2 other times (both on LSD) and minus the bear one other time on 2ce (that was a heavy duty fuckin trip in the middle of july, so fucking hot!)

soulcompromise likes this.
  20. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I like Built to Spill too, but I've never taken acid at a show. I don't go to that many shows because I don't know... I guess I just don't get along well with crowds. Trips me out. Good post!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.