Psychedelia

Discussion in 'Psychedelic and Garage' started by iSiS, Aug 20, 2005.

1. WhisperingWoods

WhisperingWoods too far gone

I just sat down and started listening to Warrior on the Edge of Time. Whoa! Stuff may grow on me.. it just might. Hawkwind, by the way.

2. lovelightlisa

lovelightlisa Senior Member

robyn hitchcock, syd barrett, the smoke, traffic, dandelions chariot, the crazy world of arthur brown, t-rex, nirvana *the sixties nirvana not the cobain one*, caravan,
    fairport convention...

3. WhisperingWoods

WhisperingWoods too far gone

Blue cheer kicks ass.. em, that isnt psychadelia is it? Sounds like it. Heh..

4. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

They did some psychedelia, but I think they're better known for their hard rock-ish stuff.

5. UnspokenThings

UnspokenThings Member

Lucifer sam you are thinking of a different book.

this one is like not that expensive at all, and is like a top 100 list of albums and singles. I just cant beleive there is no mention of Tyranosourus Rex

but yeah its a nice picture book.

6. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

Blue Cheer are known for being "louder than God" and were probably the first heavy metal band (I think).

Still great though. :H

7. Skelter

Skelter Helter

you can't include EVERY band.

8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Indeed, besides that, lovelightlisa actually did mention T-Rex. About Fairport Convention: I love them too, but besides their debut and may be a bit on What we did on our holidays they weren't really psychedelia

Ah yes, that's a great album! If you like this, check out Ayreon - Into the electric castle. It's also a concept album and heavily influenced by (among many others) Hawkwind. It's not totally psychedelia though, but I'm sure the Hawkwind fans will like it.

9. KasabianRulesMan!

KasabianRulesMan! Member

Yep but in their 2 previous album ("Aftermath" and "Between the Buttons") there's early form of experimentation (some members the band knew the LSD just before the recording of "Aftermath") and both albums can be called psychedelic but those album are maybe more influenced by Hashish than pure LSD...
    It depends if you mean a soft psychedelic record or a "pure deep in the trip" psychedelic record.

And i confirm that from my point of vue the Velvet are very psychedelic but in an original way. The band were under Heroin and psychedelic drugs not purely under psychedelic drugs...here is the difference.
    Until today i like all their album xpt i can't get into their organized noize "White Light White Heat" this album drive me nervous.

10. KasabianRulesMan!

KasabianRulesMan! Member

I just hear them today their "Improved New" album and the two first song are really cool... but the other can pass easily the acid test :D

And in fact you were talkin' about the "Warriors on the Edge of Time" album by Hawkwind... It's impossible to find this album... For 2 years i'm searchin this last album with Lemmy... and i can't put my hands on it...
    I don't like when i think too much about an album ... i made to many hopes on it after so many times...
    I hear just 30 sec. of each track 2 years ago ...and since that time i buy all their album before 1975... but this one ...shit.
    You're lucky to have it in front of you! Take at less some pleasure to listen to it ...just for me! :H

11. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

I'll never get enough White Light/White Heat. [​IMG]

Heh, I'm listening to "Foggy Notion" right now. Thank God for the Velvets. [​IMG]

12. lovelightlisa

lovelightlisa Senior Member

yeah lets thank god for the velvets

13. KasabianRulesMan!

KasabianRulesMan! Member

And thanx god for Dandalion's Chariot... i'm surprised that u know them.
    They were great...i found a connection between Dandalion's and Pink Floyd with Barett...
    they recorded just one album...but thanx god for all those little precious bands

14. Skelter

Skelter Helter

I've only heard "Madman Running Through the Fields", i like that song. Sounds like they're really good. I'll check their album out.

15. localhippy

localhippy Senior Member

frank zappa & the mothers of invention has officially blown my mind

16. hippin life

hippin life Member

they are great arnt they... another decent band thats about as crazy as the mothers is ween (not too sure if theyed be call psychadelic though)

17. gurney

gurney Member

syd barrett is the best

18. localhippy

localhippy Senior Member

im suprised no one's mentioned The Flaming Lips, especially the album 'Zaireeka' -- amazing

19. music-lover

music-lover Member

everything's already been said....

20. localhippy

localhippy Senior Member

sorry but not EVERYTHING has been said (not that it matters either)