Psycedelic use on the rise among toxic capatilism

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by unfocusedanakin, Dec 3, 2018.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Interesting read. I definitely agree. The trip is a way to show yourself life is not what it seems.

Why a New Generation is Turning to Psychedelics

Consider the friction of unnatural living under modern global capitalism: social media meltdowns, claustrophobic commutes, unobtainable housing, insecure jobs, and overcrowded cities with too many lonely people. Adderall and coffee to rush you through the day and cocaine to keep you chattering into the night. Offices where your colleagues message you instead of turning their heads to talk. Where a Netflix binge is your best friend, where our politicians tell us that global warming will fix itself, where anxiety and pain are at epidemic levels, and going to university leaves you in debt for the rest of your life.

2. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

It should be about expanding your mind not escaping.

WritersPanic and Buddyweiser232 like this.
  3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I had mixed emotions reading that article. I had to speed read so I may have glossed over things but using psychedelics to "cope" or for instance relegating DMT to vape pen controlled small doses to take at the club, seem in stark contrast to some of the ideas of the Mckennas and Learys and people I admire.

It doesn't surprise me that corporations are starting to set their sights on psychedelics. Both LSD and MDMA were being praised by various professionals prior to them being scheduled and with the use of microdosing being kind of chic, I think it's more appealing to the masses.

It doesn't surprise me about the increase in psychedelic use either. The dark net makes obtaining these substances more accessible, particularly in bulk and iirc they mentioned these stats in comparison to 2004, which I think was fresh off of one of the biggest LSD busts ever.

Buddyweiser232 likes this.
  4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

True but I see it as both. You expand your mind by escaping the system. You then see why the system is broken. But I don't think psychedelic should a common coping mechanism like an anti-depressant. They are best not used everyday.

Running Horse likes this.
  5. Buddyweiser232

Buddyweiser232 Members

I agree Running Horse. It's not about escaping it's about not only expanding your mind but find ones self.

6. Buddyweiser232

Buddyweiser232 Members

We are coming into a new age, where the human race is waking up to the lies we have been fed for the last 50 plus years. Psychedelics are just one of the tools we can use to see past the veil. However, I feel the older I get the more institutionalized I am.

7. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

8. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Everyone thought LSD would change the world, but psychedelics are primitive technology, which modern science is about to bring up to date. Even mild psychotropics such as marijuana work by, more or less, scrambling your conscious mind and reasoning, and enhancing the stochastic function in the brain, so the collective unconscious can give us a glimpse of the larger reality we share. It is very much like a puzzle we assemble, and psychedelics are a sort of shortcut we can use, because causality doesn't rule the universe, and there are a wide variety of shortcuts that are much faster, easier, more efficient, and creative.

For example, using a single quantum optical transistor, it is possible to crush any Fast Fourier Transform almost instantly, because you really don't have to do everything in a step-by-step causal manner. Call it magic if you want, but it is a shortcut to perceiving the Big Picture better and, no matter how great anyone's denial, the self-evident truth inevitably wins out. That's not to say causality doesn't exist, because obvious it works, but it is only really efficient for about a quarter of life and useful for less than half.

That's the mathematics I work on, which merely make it faster and easier to assemble any puzzle, which can also be thought of as unlearning all the bullshit and keeping the good shit, once we see how self-defeating we are. Eventually, you get to the point where mother nature takes over, and you join the Yin World, where taking psychedelics is almost redundant. Mother nature offers you fame and fortune and, if you turn her down, she will give your chores to do to pay for your karma, and you will have no doubt we inhabit a magical universe ruled by the collective unconscious. Its your choice, because we inhabit a multiverse and it is our causal conscious mind that thinks we are merely sharing a single universe, when the reality is more like constantly walking from one universe to the next, and are spirits in the material world.

Psychedelic use being on the rise, merely reflects the fact a second culture revolution is beginning, and the first one was just practice.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  9. Buddyweiser232

Buddyweiser232 Members

f
    Full dosing helps with tobacco dependence. Interesting. Respondents rated their full-dose experiences as among the top 5 most psychologically difficult/challenging experiences of their lives. This is where I find full doses to be therapeutical. Once you can realize what's going on is fake scratch that lets not say its fake but not actually manifesting itself in the physical realm. I find at this point I am able to control and find meaning to some of the difficulties in my life. I will say this micro-dosing sounds intriguing, however, I can not find enough psychedelics to draw my own conclusion lol.

eggsprog likes this.
  10. wooleeheron

For me, even LSD is wimpy, and I don't see trails or colors or anything like that. I've had a few spiritual experiences dosing, but they were far from being the most psychologically relevant in my life. I respect psychedelics for their power, but they are not some magic bullet. They are merely more fodder for the grist mill but, then, I am a shaman and even my brain is not normal. Its not an issue of how much I dose either, I am simply that different and always have been. As best I can figure out, mother nature required a biographer, and ensured that I could fill the role if I was worthy enough to begin paying my karmic debts, because we are approaching the turning point. Paying off your karmic debts is far from being some kind of saint, which is romantic civilized nonsense. Taoists find the highest compliment possible to be, "He's a nice guy".

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  11. Buddyweiser232

Buddyweiser232 Members

i
    I'm currently experimenting with DMT but having problems breaking through. I to have found LSD to be more of a novelty but I can't say in the past I have had great experiences with LSD but the quality is nothing like it was 20 years ago.

12. wooleeheron

My only suggestion is study the Tao Te Ching. Most people prefer Stephen Mitchell or some other romantic interpretation, but I prefer the Peter Merel GNL interpolation, which is incredibly lucid. To be considered even competent with the text requires studying six to ten translations for at least fifteen years. How much it affects dosing just depends on the individual I assume. All my research indicates that it is a primitive singularity, which is what psychedelics are too.

13. Buddyweiser232

Buddyweiser232 Members

Will do. Thanks

14. wooleeheron

Sure, remember that your heart and brain are the most complicated singularity there is, until we build an even more complicated one.

15. Buddyweiser232

Buddyweiser232 Members

From what I have read so far I do understand why you have suggested for me to read Tao Te Ching. I must know myself. Thanks, I will continue reading.

wooleeheron likes this.